Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Street Ambassadors

Options
  • 29-06-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Eight Street Ambassadors from across the city will be advising tourists on the best places to visit, eat and shop during their stay from now until the 5th of September.

How do these people come up with the "best" place to shop ect.? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

personal opinion i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Eight Street Ambassadors from across the city will be advising tourists on the best places to visit, eat and shop during their stay from now until the 5th of September.

How do these people come up with the "best" place to shop ect.? :confused:

One would assume that the same "experts" that have drawn up yet another amazing retail strategy for the city, will have a list, for the ambassadors to use, of what they claim are the best places to eat and shop that will no doubt be the equal of anywhere in Europe. :)

My attempt at sarcasm and my lack of confidence in the city planners/authorities aside, I do think the idea of street ambassadors is a good one as it is something I have seen work to great effect in other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Next day Im in the city centre, ill run after one, but on some dodgy foreign accent and see what they come up with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,209 ✭✭✭✭phog

Last year I saw a group fo them eating their lunch in the Absolute hotel, at the time I think the hotel was possibly offering the best value lunch in Limerick. The same day I walked up Patrick street and couldn't get over the crowds in McDonalds probably paying more for their takeaway than I had a for my 3 course lunch.

I think the ambassadors are a great idea and must be a welcome sight for visitors to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

phog wrote: »
    I think the ambassadors are a great idea and must be a welcome sight for visitors to Limerick.
    You're right. I have only heard good reports about the work they do.

• Advertisement

Dont get me wrong, I cant see why they arent good for the city... Im just curious to know their information :)

Lads Lads... Peace :)
    Think he was implying that the ambassadors knew where the good value meals were aka The Absolute, its just maybe they should have been out on the street telling the McDonald munchers instead of keeping it their secret :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

From here on in, bans will be handed out for off topic nonsense

Update: 17 garbage posts removed

1 user banned for a month : amiable

One user received 2 infractions : amiable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

amiable wrote: »
    Back this statement up

Advertisement