Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Obscura

Options
  • 29-06-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

Great great band had the pleasure of seeing them in the Marquee on Fridy night and they put on a great show. A real pity that they aren't better know. Two fine albums that I've heard and some great songs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Love them, unfortunately I haven't seen them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Absolutely brilliant band. Despite the high quality of their material from day one, I'd actually say they're one of the few acts where each album somehow manages to be better than the one before. I wasn't at the Marquee, but I've seen them a good few times over the years, and they're always great.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

The 'Examiner' said they were mundane and boring bar one or two songs at the gig , I thought they were amazing. I put on Lyold I'm ready to be heartbroken on the jukebox the other day and people where saying that they were great

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

That was my impression from seeing them at oxegen last year. Boring boring boring..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Missed them but I was more interested in seeing Midlake. CO are good - in that ironically twee, 60s way along the lines of St Etienne and Belle & Sebastian. I like that, but I don't know if I'd be bothered with it live.
    My friend who adores them said the gig was only all right - probably better suited to an indoor, more intimate venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

They said that they won't be touring for a while and should I take it start work on a new album.

Advertisement