Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a frisbee?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, I'm staying in UL for the week, and want to pick up a frisbee for hanging out in the evenings. Anyone know of somewhere that sells them? Want to see if I can pick one up tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    WP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If Limerick has a Euro2 [I'm unsure if it does], They'll definitely have one! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭i like lamp

a pound shop or tesco maybe

a toy shop would have them too

get a boomerang instead! much more fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Cheers for the replies folks, but I'm looking for somethign a bit more concrete, as in, have you seen frisbees for sale in a shop round town, basicall. I only have an hour off in the afternoon, and don't really want to spend it looking round in every hsop, I'd rather just go to one place, pick it up, and get back to this thing I'm at.

meh!! im not from limerick...

sorry!!

but those places would always have them unless they are sold out!

• Advertisement

wet-paint wrote: »
    and get back to this thing I'm at.

interesting... what could that be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Dont large sport shops stock them? Im not too sure :confused: seen them in the large hardware departments of Tescos
    But UL have a fairly active Frisbee Club so Im sure someone out there would know where to purchase or even hire/lend you one!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Try Elverys, I think they have an ultimate weight one...

http://www.elverys.ie/Product/Aerobie%20Superdisc/208623/0000000011

That looks good enough... I bought mine online from the states but you probably don't have enough time for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

If you want to get a proper official ultimate disc, then get one that is 175g.

I think they stock them in large sport stores such as jjb or elverys.

Also contact the UL Ninja's (UL's Ultimate Firsbee Club) and I'm sure they will sell you one.

Or you could just go online and purchase one.

If I was still in the country I would sell you one because I play Ultimate alot and I have a few lying around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

wet-paint wrote: »
    I'd rather just go to one place, pick it up, and get back to this thing I'm at.
    interesting... what could that be!!

Girl - Sits on Sun-drenched lawn on UL Campus, Plassey.

Boy - In middle-distance can be seen Frisbee-ing, casually. [Girl is unaware of ruse]

Girl - Reads and flicks her hair, while considering his technique distractedly.

Boy - Throws Frisbee closer and closer to Girl.

Girl - Laughs gaily as Flying Disc lands at her feet breaking the ice and stirring her hormones in the way that only airborne plastic Circular Objects can.

Boy - Comments knowingly on the aerodynamic qualities of cheap Chinese Plastic Mouldings.

Girl - Sighs and surrenders herself joyfully to hours of inventive and frenetic lovemaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Hah, it's a choral music workshop.
    Cheers folks, got sorted in Elvery's, but if you're looking yourself, I'd try elsewhere unless time is tight, as they've **** ones. They're too light, and bendy, sharp edges on them, from a ****ty mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

I just bought one in the sports shop above Heatons on Childers Raod for €2....

I just bought one in the sports shop above Heatons on Childers Raod for €2....

Dead right - Everyone is always saying that Girls should take the initiative more :D

hmmmm.....i wonder if it works the other way round??!

Happy hunting Sinead!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Was in Tesco, Coonagh Cross earlier and they have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

its impossible to look cool while picking up a frisbee

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Raiser wrote: »
    Girl - Sits on Sun-drenched lawn on UL Campus, Plassey.

Boy - In middle-distance can be seen Frisbee-ing, casually. [Girl is unaware of ruse]

Girl - Reads and flicks her hair, while considering his technique distractedly.

Boy - Throws Frisbee closer and closer to Girl.

Girl - Laughs gaily as Flying Disc lands at her feet breaking the ice and stirring her hormones in the way that only airborne plastic Circular Objects can.

Boy - Comments knowingly on the aerodynamic qualities of cheap Chinese Plastic Mouldings.

Girl - Sighs and surrenders herself joyfully to hours of inventive and frenetic lovemaking.

Now thats some frisbeeeeeeee poetry!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marvelous.... maybe smiths toys, they have the ones that take the AA batteries.

hmmmm.....i wonder if it works the other way round??!

No - It think the Frisbee equivalent for Girls is seeing a Man they like and then suddenly producing a Jar that they just can't manage to open.

- Best to have a large Handbag and carry a variety with you to cover all situations, Pasta Sauce, Jam, Pickled Onions etc.

:D....hilarious! Thats a jar of beetroot added to the handbag so!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement