Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to Galway's Great Water Fight?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

There's going to be a huge water fight in Eyre Square this Saturday at 12.30.
    Here's a bit of info from the facebook page
    WATER:
    People should bring their first round of water. We're thinking of ways to get more.

Bring as much as you think you will need, in a drum or something suitable . If we have no refilling option, You need to have as much water as you will need. If you run out after one round u might end up very WET!! Remember you can modify your gun in anyway as long as you are using 100% Water nothing less nothing more.

If the fountain is on we can use it for endless supply, top up from fountain nearest to the grean for safety.

If you've got any other idea suggest it to us.

HOW ITS GOING TO GO DOWN:
    Get to the square by 12:30. Once we've all gathered and gotten our game face on there will be a loud klaxon sound. then pow let the madness begin! BUT remember....not a drop before the sound...hold your horses!

TIPS
    Bring a gun, a bag full of water Balloons. then you'll be sorted. Lets do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Good God! I predict madness! Can't fit much water on me bike so I'd be hammered if I went!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

TIPS
    Bring a gun

Are we allowed to bring hollow-points or just regular 9mm?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

It should be mandatory that all girls participating must wear white t-shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

More wather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Wish I was going... god damn stupid friends getting married and stuff :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 izzyd43

Are we allowed to bring hollow-points or just regular 9mm?

hahaha.. :D exactly what i thought!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

dam im working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

PLEASE change this to Sunday?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I predict insane muddiness in the square and very drenched non-participants standing at bus stops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭catmelodian

I predict a very small turnout. This will be ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

I predict a very small turnout. This will be ****.

3500 confirmed on facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

harryd2 wrote: »
    3500 confirmed on facebook!

Yeah but on the day it'll be about 30 squealing secondary school students who hang around there anyway..and a few hanger onners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

and a few hanger onners :)

I hope to be a hanger on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

How will the council feel at the blatant disregard for their water warnings of minimal use!!?! Won't someone please think of the Council!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Won't someone please think of the Council!

The council only think of us every 5 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

TillyGirl wrote: »
    PLEASE change this to Sunday?!!
    Sound. Tell everybody it's on Sunday now, the internet has spoken!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Things will get outta hand and somebody will get hurt... You mark my words, this will end in bloodshed... It will end up in a drunken brawl of a fist fight. Bottles, barstools and bicycle locks and chains.. Maybe even a knife...

OK maybe not, but it would be some news story:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

sounds like fun. ill be lurking in the bushes with my super soaker 2000 muhahaha

I can see the 2euro stores doing great business on Saturday with water pistols and balloons

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Will it be cancelled if it's raining?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's made the front page of the tribune and been upgraded to a battle.
    Safety fears as hundreds plan Eyre Sq water battle

Counciller Conneely disapproves and calls on the Gardai and Community wardens to be on hand to ensure public property and people are not in danger.

Lucky it's only a facebook group so only 1% will actually turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

Just gonna throw it out there, not to dampin anyones spirits, hitting someone with a water ballon is "assault". be careful who you hit, "accidently"
    I'd SUE!!, reccesion n all, gotta take the oppertunities thats given to you,
    Emotional damage, humiliation, sickness due to being hit unexpectanly, having to make your way home soaking wet, loss of earnings cuz of the weekend immune system due to the unprovoked aggresive attack, (Friendly fire)

Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye.

Ya wanna have a water fight, dont do it (for nothing more than Attention) in the middle of a city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

JayMcD wrote: »
    Just gonna throw it out there, not to dampin anyones spirits, hitting someone with a water ballon is "assault". be careful who you hit, "accidently"
    I'd SUE!!, reccesion n all, gotta take the oppertunities thats given to you,
    Emotional damage, humiliation, sickness due to being hit unexpectanly, having to make your way home soaking wet, loss of earnings cuz of the weekend immune system due to the unprovoked aggresive attack, (Friendly fire)

Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye.

Ya wanna have a water fight, dont do it (for nothing more than Attention) in the middle of a city.
    People who look for the smallest reason to sue are pricks IMO. I do agree that it is all fun until an injury occurs.

People who look for the smallest reason to sue are pricks IMO.

Same as, I'm in the opinion of "get over it" "**** Happenes"

I do agree that it is all fun until an injury occurs.

But, just like YOU said, and I said, its all fun and games UNTIL someone loses an eye.

Its fun for the people participating, not everyone will be, chances of those people who are going to work, computing, doin there taannnggg, of getting hit or hurt, in a very crowded confined area like "center stage" ie. Eyre square, is high,

have fun be all means, just dont try n do it for the sake of an audience,

how about Dangan sports pitches, Claddagh sports pitches? all the fun you want, only people participating get hit???

hmmm??

Noooooooo..........

Like the effort, idea, something different etc. but at the same time,
    Respect the fact that this is a city, not everyone wants to join in in your fun,

Only wish that gob****e bangin on a drum everythime I go near the spainish arch would respect that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i can see Galways finest turning out for this, best avoided imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

awesome.... should be chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Who wants to help me sneak soap into the water... do the city a big favour!?

Who wants to help me sneak soap into the water... do the city a big favour!?

Are you sugesting Galway is a "Dirty" City and needs to be cleaned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JayMcD wrote: »
    Are you sugesting Galway is a "Dirty" City and needs to be cleaned?

Nope, but I'm sure some of the participating hippies are and do!

• Advertisement

Nope, but I'm sure some of the participating hippies are and do!

So, your saying that some galway residents need to be hit with a few soap filled water ballons to be cleaned?

you gonna bring a bang of lime too?

Advertisement