Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's going to Galway's Great Water Fight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JayMcD wrote: »
    So, your saying that some galway residents need to be hit with a few soap filled water ballons to be cleaned?

you gonna bring a bang of lime too?

Yep, and nope, much as I dislike hippies, killing them and burying them in shallow graves with lime is probably a step too far... I suppose... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

, killing them and burying them in shallow graves with lime is probably a step too far... I suppose... :pac:

Think shower and lime, prison style, not killing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JayMcD wrote: »
    Think shower and lime, prison style, not killing them.

D'Oh! Yes definitely some sort of delousing agent is required!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

So..this is happening??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Did this happen or what? Any videos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭DeepSleeper

It sure did ! I wasn't involved, but a few hundred teenagers got into the whole thing and got quite wet in the process... Sales of large bottles of water in the shops around Eyre Sq must have hit record levels! Lots of bemused tourists and a few gardaí looking on...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Yup, it happened. Pretty hilarious and they got a great, sunny day for it.

My friend took a few photos, I'll see if she got any good ones. I took this one anyway, just shows how packed Eyre Square was:

SP_A0203.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I watched until about 1:15: good craic, as far as I could see.

The gardai were watchful, and told a few folks to calm down, but otherwise not busy.

The participants were pretty disciplined about only shooting at folks who were clearly participating: the only I saw exceptions were one middle-aged woman shopper who walked thru the Square by the stairs and managed to look incredibly grumpy about getting a tiny bit of cross-fired spray on her, and Clr Padraic Conneelly who deliberately chose to walk right through the thick of it (the path through the middle of the green bit from the bus-stop side to outside the Skeff) - he got squirted on the back but it would have been gone in 5 mins if he'd stayed in the sun. No doubt he'll be in the papers next week telling everyone that he and hundreds of elderly people were drenched and terrorised.

(That said, I left at 1:15 ... don't know how it ended).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Joe_row_sef

Was down there! Was great fun. Couple of hundred made it down. (3 or 4 i was told) People of all shapes and sizes!

The above photo was taken towards the end.

It was cool to see people playing by the rules. Also the park was spotless afterwards. That photo shows a couple of full bin bags under a tree (dead centre)
    Nice to see people instantly jumping on the forum predicting nightmares, poor turn up and hassle from the law!! But you'll always have the naysayers!

I found it quite funny that Cllr. Conneely needed to walk through it mid battle. You think he'd leave them be.

Just found this group..has loads of great photos on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

JustMary wrote: »
    Clr Padraic Conneelly got squirted on the back

Wouldn't be the first time....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Joe_row_sef

mikom wrote: »
    Wouldn't be the first time....

hahaha..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

the only I saw exceptions were one middle-aged woman shopper who walked thru the Square by the stairs and managed to look incredibly grumpy about getting a tiny bit of cross-fired spray on her

Her? Linked from the FB Page, Not my pic.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6447225&op=2&o=global&view=global&subj=135576619803161&id=641682221

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Expect a grim faced Cllr. Conneely pointing at the wet mark on his jacket to be in all local the papers during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Clr Padraic Conneelly who deliberately chose to walk right through the thick of it ...
    He would!!

*sigh*

That man!!! >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Awww man I am so raging I missed it. :(

Advertisement