Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Habits

Options
  • 29-06-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

LOLOLOLOL I'm ready for the deluge of "When I saw the title I thought.." replies but sure anyway! I'm just wondering about peoples' sleeping habits. I tried to be all Boo Radley looking in your windows but it didn't work, mainly cos I don't have a portable ladder. :pac:

After the Leaving ended, and with all the nights out and finally having some nights to watch late night/recorded TV, my sleeping pattern is all over the gaff. Last night I tried to go to bed early...and ended up going to bed at 3am after going downstairs for "just" a glass of water. Anyway, I'm sick of waking up at dinnertime, so what works for you? You in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Bed before 12 and up at 8. I work 9-6 every day, so it's very normal for me! I wouldn't be too much different if I weren't working though, I think getting up late is a waste of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Sleep at 3am-ish wake at 10 am. Seems to working out aight' I guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Sleep about 5AM, wake up about 12 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I try to go to bed early when I have work, but somehow anyways end up on this little device in front of me till all hours. Wake up around 8 most mornings though. And I never have a full nights sleep, I wake up at regular intervals :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

At the moment it's a tad haywire. Summer is full on intermittent early mornings and then mornings I can sleep in.

For Leaving Cert next year I will be in bed at a reasonable time every night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I have breakfast when the rest of my fam have dinner. It always gets like this in Summer. I need a job:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

jumpguy wrote: »

For Leaving Cert next year I will be in bed at a reasonable time every night.

That's what we all say :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Depends! :D
    School nights, sleep at 12-ish, up at 7:45.

Summer nights,
    sleep at 2/3am, up at 11/12. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I dont have a habit.. :(
    Its sleep whenever(from 2-5) and wake around 2pm ish..
    Im sooo fixing it a abit though, I want proper sleep and to be awake 11am ish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Last few nights I've been going to bed before midnight and waking up early in the morning. Hopefully I can keep at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Davidius wrote: »
    Last few nights I've been going to bed before midnight and waking up early in the morning. Hopefully I can keep at it.

Stop it.

Start getting on IRC again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I'm working quite early these days, so it's bed by 11.30pm and up around 6.45am, which I'm used to since it wasn't much different during college. I'm not much of a sleeper anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Tend to get to bed around 12/12.30 these days, but while intending to go to sleep I will probably end up listening to music or watching TV, so it ends up being 2/3am before I get to sleep, normally up at about 9 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Stop it.

Start getting on IRC again.
    It opens around the time I'm too tired to live, how unfortunate for all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I either sleep like a baby or not at all

Woo night terrors

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Davidius wrote: »
    It opens around the time I'm too tired to live, how unfortunate for all of you.

Ha I'm like that too lately. I used to be able to function on just 5/6 hours sleep but lately if I don't get 9 and a half minimum I feel like crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

My sleeping habits go out the window in summer. Up around 11 (or earlier if I have an appointment etc) and then bed at around 3 (up on Boards:p) I love waking up really early though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Mine have been pretty ok recently. Before my sleep patterns used be completely messed up; I'd regularly stay awake all night and only get some sleep as morning was breaking. Then I'd lose a whole day by having to sleep. This was mostly the result of problems I was having at the time, and medication needed to fix those problems.

Thankfully, I can sleep a little better now. I still tend to stay up way too late and sleep in way too late during the summer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I tend to be in bed fairly early [~10pm] and I'm up for work at 8 and work from 9-7 if not a bit later every day.I tend to cruise the interwebs for varying amounts of time after that to keep me sane/strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Wake only for food, drink, or work (to earn money for food and drink).
    Simple yet effective!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm usually in bed by midnight, sometimes it takes me hours to fall asleep but others I'm knocked out within seconds. I have terrible nightmares, which I think are like the night terrors I had as a child because they're recurring, follow a pattern and are ridiculously realistic. Usually, I am up by about 9 in the morning when I don't have school, sometimes earlier, sometimes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Sleep at about 5am
    Wake at 2-3.

I've been doing it for a few summers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Tend to go to sleep between 3 and 5am, get up around 11 or 12. Not good.

Needs to change soon anyway, need to start studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I'm similar time wise to A Neurotic for the moment. I don't know what it will be like when I start college.

For school it was: Go to bed at 12, Up at about 8.15, in school at 8.45. Worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

It's all over the place for summer. I'd sleep anytime from 1-5 at this stage, I'd never sleep longer than 12 though and no matter what, if I need to be up I'm up. I have the useful talent of being able to function fairly well on a small amount of sleep.
    Still, I haven't seen the earlier side of 9 AM this summer ... :P

And for school, I'd usually be in bed by 11, possibly with the laptop, and usually be asleep by 12, and then get up at 7.30.

Sleep is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Sleeping habits? What sleeping habits?

Seriously though, they are f*cked this summer. Pushing at 5am and I don't feel tired. >.<

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Sleeping habits? What sleeping habits?

Seriously though, they are f*cked this summer. Pushing at 5am and I don't feel tired. >.<

Ditto.
    Into my first proper week of holidays and my hours are already way out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Pushing at 6. Not tired.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

An all-nighter for the Limerick lads! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

These days it's generally about 6am till 2pm. Sometimes I just don't sleep and maybe have a nap in the evening. Just depends on how I feel at the time I guess.

Advertisement