Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeping Habits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

After 7, meh:/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Usually bed at 3 maybe 4 if I feel rebellious and then wake up at 12/1. Today is an exception since I've been forced out of bed by the mother.

But if it makes ye all feel better as punishment for my stupid minded late nights, my eyes are preety much bleeding right now and I cant really hear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

yeh, tonight was one of those "i'm not gonna sleep, am i?" nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Since I left college in March, my sleeping has gone to hell altogether. 5am - 11am has been the general routine for the last few months, with naps during the day >_< BUT I am starting to change it in the last few weeks :D It now looks more like 2am - 9/10am which is MUCH better plus no more naps!

Woooooo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Well, yesterday it was like 3am-9:30am, but most days it's about 1am-9am. I can't really sleep for any longer than that. On occasion I don't sleep at all.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

My sleeping patter was going fine, 12/1am to 8/9am which is pretty normal. Last night tho I stayed up till 5am for some stupid reason and got up at 12. That's my sleeping pattern gone out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

My sleeping pattern is an embarrassing, jumbled mess. All structure was removed from my life once summer began, and I started getting to bed later and later, often going to sleep as the sun was rising. Everything went sort of nocturnal for a time, and eventually it got so late that things wrapped around and became normal again. For a while... now things are even worse.

So, at the moment I'm waking up sometime between 4AM-1PM, feeling fine for a bit before suddenly crashing, having an involuntary nap for an hour or two, and falling asleep between 9PM-5AM. I don't know why I do this, it must be hell on Mr. Sandman's schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Everything went sort of nocturnal for a time, and eventually it got so late that things wrapped around and became normal again.
    That's how I fixed my sleeping pattern, by going to bed later and later until I was actually in bed at 9PM. Of course now I'm finding out that nobody was even around while I was sleeping during the day. Think of all the sitting on the couch naked watching television that's been missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

I'm somewhat of a freak in that I sometimes set an alarm to get up early even during summer when I'm not doing anything, I just really hate getting out of a sleep routine

I've gotten up at 10 or 11 the past two mornings. Wtf? It's not normal to get up this early. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Stay up till 2-4am wake up between 1 and 3 the next day..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Today I slept from 2pm to 7pm. I'm not proud.

I went to sleep at 7.30am today and woke at 11. Not good, although I haven't been tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I've started setting my alarm for 9 and getting up at that, no matter what time I go to bed at...which was 2am last night, probably 12/1 tonight....woo I'm such a party animal :) but I want to get into a good sleep routine for going over to Oxegen well-rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Ive been off about 2 weeks and my pattern is all over the place. go to bed between 12 and 3, get up 10-12 hours later :/

(The fact that im replying to this thread that was buried 11 pages deep is a testament to how bored I am :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm still awake...6.45 alarm...Aaaah school is draining enough without being a zombie too. And I have after-school classes tomorrow so no bed until half six. :(

As for sleeping patterns, still in school, it's usually quite stable bed at 11/awake at 7 kinda thing with a few hours difference at weekends. I cannot wait to destroy it in summer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Can't get out of a 5AM-2PM sleeping pattern.

Had a few hours work yesterday, was up at half 8 (with great difficulty), went to bed at 10 last night, somehow still didn't get up until 2PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Woke up on a floor in Meath at 7 yesterday morning, then fell back asleep for an hour or two, got home at about 3, and had a nap, and now I'm still awake.....

This sleeping business is tough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

As always the best thing one can do to induce sleep is to knock yourself over the head with a blunt and heavy object.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Now that I'm on holidays my sleeping pattern should ideally be, for some of the week, go to bed at 3/4/5am and get up at 1/2pm. I don't feel like I'm wasting my days cos of 4 days of the week, when I start work at either 7am or 9am...:(

The problem is changing over from my sleep in days to my work days when I just follow my usual pattern, stay up til 4 and then have to attempt to get up at 6. I love sleeping but I'm never, ever tired at a normal time so...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

deise_girl wrote: »
    I dont have a habit.. :(
    Its sleep whenever(from 2-5) and wake around 2pm ish..
    Im sooo fixing it a abit though, I want proper sleep and to be awake 11am ish

I know im still in school or whatever but at the weekends/easter/mid term etc Id been sleeping before 2, sometimes around 1 and waking between 11 and 12

I think thats pretty awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

4-6am to about 2pm

It sucks :|

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Working in a pub has certainly screwed up my sleeping pattern. But then my other jobs I've to be up early for. So basically I'm fecked and tired all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Mine was fine until what two months ago? Now it's a bit wacky. I feel better with solid sleep patterns no doubt.

Last time I checked the time before falling asleep last night/today was 7.12am. Got up at 1pm then. >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Now that it's Summer, I'm generally asleep by 12, 1 if I'm not particularly tired. And up by 10 or so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I've been sleeping from dawn until two in the afternoon this last week. I think I'll have to pull an all nighter to fix it. Why are sleeping patterns so easy to mess up and yet so hard to set right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This is quite typical.

After months I finally fix my sleeping pattern - I'm able to go to bed from 12-1 and wake up between 9-12

The week before I fly to somewhere 6 hours behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

On schooldays, I sleep from 11-12 and wake at around 8

On weekends.... :pac:

Usually 2-3 and wakeup about 12-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

11 hours sleep in 3 nights. Tonights sleep is going to be awesome.

Advertisement