Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a restaraunt in Carlingford.

Options
  • 29-06-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

The fiance and a group of friends heading to Carlingford for the July/August bank holiday weekend and is looking for a decent place to have a meal that caters for groups of about 15 and is not too expensive,any recommendations would be welcome.P.S. any good pubs aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Taaffes & PJ o'Hares are excellent pubs that i always like to drop into when I'm there. Taaffes would be my fave tho. Haven't really eaten out there much. I've heard people saying good things about a place called Magees but I wasn't crazy about it when I was there. But pricy & pretty average food IMO. I ate in McKevitt's hotel once and that was grand. Good food, good prices.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've eaten in Magee's twice, absolutely blew me away the first time and was very average the second, all fish on both occasions. I'll give it another go when I'm out there myself. Eaten in the KingFisher twice and it was beautiful on both occasions. A pint in PJ's in the one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

been in magees three times, amazing all 3 times

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thanks guys for all the tips-the better half is delighted.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Fitzpatricks restaurant on the way is worth a visit for lunch. It is quite pricy for dinner but well worth it for lunch. If there are a few of you going you might need to make a reservation.

http://www.fitzpatricks-restaurant.com/about_us.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

The Kingfisher is a fantastic place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Posher wrote: »
    Fitzpatricks restaurant on the way is worth a visit for lunch.

I`d drive on past it.

Ghan House in Carlingford is well worth a visit, food is great, if a little fussy.
    Magees is also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

The Kingfisher is a fantastic place.
    Been a long time since I was there, but if the Thai pork medaillons are still on the menu, I can't recommend them highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bogman44

Why is scampi so expensive in Louth? €26 plus in Fitzpatrick's and the Brake.

Fitzpatrick's is very overrated and expensive. Average pub fare really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Another vote here for The Kingfisher.

• Advertisement
Advertisement