Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1B Visa DB?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a database like monster.ie or something similar, where you can post your CV for potential H1B sponsorship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Nope, remember a company has to show that they couldn't get a US citizen to do the job in order to justify sponsorship. Most companies won't go looking for people to sponsor - but if the right candidate presents themselves they may consider it. What field are you in? It might be good to investigate companies in your field and see if any have a track record of H1B sponsorship - if they've done it before they may be more open to doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's not until next summer, but just planning ahead. I'm about to start a masters degree in security & forensic computing. I have an honours degree in IT also, and I'm currently working on the Cisco CCNA coursework also in my spare time.

I'd ideally be looking for a job in network security or network administration, or possibly forensic computing. It seems much easier to get into Canada - as I qualify for the skilled worker Visa. I'm not pushed either way - it's just employment in Ireland isn't very good at the moment.

I guess I'll just send out a few CV's when I'm finished and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Are there any professional organisations in forensic computing, i.e. that host seminars and publish journals/magazines? If so it's probably worth joining as there will be job adds in the journal and probably a job section for members on the website.

I've signed up for job alerts with Indeed.com and I probably get 1-2 suitable a month in my area (going back to graduate school in Aug so not actively job hunting but it's good to see what's out there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'll have a look into it and see. I'm sure there is. Thanks :)

Advertisement