Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV 7mb broadband issue

• 29-06-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else has this package in the lucan area since I only seem to be getting speeds of around 4mb instead of 7mb.
    Im considering giving them a ring tomorrow :)
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

umm im not sure how to get that but I think you mean this.....

Statistics Downstream Upstream

Line Rate 4096 Kbps 384 Kbps

Noise Margin 10.3 dB 26.0 dB

Line Attenuation 53.0 dB 31.5 dB

Output Power 0.1 dBm 8.7 dBm
    K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 129 13

R (number of check bytes in RS code word) 14 12

S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 1 4

D (interleaver depth) 64 8

Super Frames 14175574 14174765

Super Frame Errors 620 0

RS Words 963939098 240971005

RS Correctable Errors 399335 42

RS Uncorrectable Errors 10861 0

HEC Errors 568 0

OCD Errors 2 0

LCD Errors 0 0

ES Errors 0 0

sorry if its all messy I tried to space it out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Noise levels are high, while your line could likely get alittle faster its not going to hit 7MB, its not UTV's fault its the physical limit of the quality of your line.

UTV line Eircom, Vodafone etc sell there products as upton 7MB

from their website
    The speed of your Clicksilver Broadband connection is subject to a line test and will depend on various factors, for example, proximity to your local phone exchange and local availability. If your line does not support up to 8Mb, we will order the fastest speed available on your line.

You could maybe downgrade to the 3MB package if you wanted to save money, they don't however have anything between 3MB and 7MB package wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

They have a secret 6mb package afaik, if you give them an email they will switch you to it.

Advertisement