Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Supply Chain Management

Options
  • 29-06-2010 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

I am currently looking for a masters in Supply Chain Management (1 year fulltime taught). No such course exists in Ireland. Therefore, I have to look to the UK where there are many suitable courses. However, they are far more expensive. I'd be looking at 8k - 10k. Is there any grant that I would be entitled to seeing as I cannot do such a course in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

did you look at Trinity...I thought they had a one year course for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Dont think there is any such course in Trinity? Do you have a link?

Another question; When UK universities say "Overseas", Do they mean Non-EU? Or Non-UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

oops...i was thinking of Strategic Management, sorry....but Smurfit school are great, I am actually heading there in Sept to start my masters, would you not consider going there?

• Advertisement

The problem with this is that it is > 11K which is out of my price range. The ones in the UK are that bit cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The problem with this is that it is > 11K which is out of my price range.

However your original point was that you might be eligible for a grant, which would pay a large part of this (if you are in fact eligible).

However your original point was that you might be eligible for a grant, which would pay a large part of this (if you are in fact eligible).

Yeah, exactly. My question is still the same: What grant would I be entitled to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

just completed a bsc in supply chain mgmt and logistics in DIT....

the main issue is how much experience you have with SCM??

• Advertisement

the main issue is how much experience you have with SCM??

Why is this an issue? How much experience would you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

The problem with this is that it is > 11K which is out of my price range. The ones in the UK are that bit cheaper

Know a guy who did this in UCD. He said the entire year (fees, accommodation etc) cost him €25,000. But he got a job straight after it and has been working for most of the 7 years since. And UCD Smurfit looks good on your cv.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

I am pretty sure that DIT does one too ( a masters degree in supply chain management )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I was looking at a course last year in Supply Chain Management, they run a very good one out of Spain which partners with MIT or Harvard..

Cant find it now, but the course looked very appealing at the time.

Advertisement