Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What discount for cash

• 29-06-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

looking to buy a chep second hand car from one of the smaller dealers ( around year 2000 amt 2500 euros) what kind of cash discount is the minimum i should expect ? Iimagine about 10-15 % ???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Why should you get a discount for paying cash? You could try and haggle down a bit but if the car is already cheap you probably won't get much of a discount. Why not buy privately? You'll probably get a better deal.

If you put of some details of what you're looking for in a car, some of us might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

I suppose I could buy private have only checked carzone.ie all are dealers and some have recent nct - looking for auto micra- is there any good sites for private dealers ?

Depends on the car, what it owes them and loads of other variables :), I got €700 off a car priced at €3000 in a dealer and sold it privately for €3500 6 months later. I have bought a car or two off dealers for small money and they wouldn't budge on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

So take each one as it goes - time to get searching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

try donedeal.ie...i found this in a few seconds, Prob not an auto he/she is asking €2,500 you could probably get it for cheaper...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1391643

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That micra is manual, also seems to be lower spec than usual. No electric windows and I'm guessing no power steering.

Advertisement