Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine CAO Question

• 29-06-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

You know how you cant put down Medicine now if it wasnt down before?

If you had it down in one college before,(UCC) could switch that for another college that you didnt have down originally(UCD)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The honest answer is that I'm not sure on that one ... you might get an answer more quickly in the "HPAT & everything else ................." thread tbh -that's where all the med people hang out.

The exception I have highlighted below MAY apply ... but I wouldn't be sure.

CAO Handbook:

WARNING: An application for a Restricted-Application Course will not be considered unless a) it has been included among your original course choices by 1st February or b) it has been added to your existing application not later than the final date for correction of errors or omissions (see Pages 16 and 18). This date will normally be 1st March and it is your responsibility to ensure that any Restricted-Application Courses are present and correct by that date. Restricted-Application Courses which are included in Late Applications are invalid choices and will not be considered.

Exception: If a restricted course shares the exact same assessment procedures with a course you had applied for (fulfilling conditions a) or b) above), you may be permitted to introduce it on a Change of Mind.

You should consult with the relevant HEI before introducing such a course

I'm fairly certain that because you've done the HPAT there should be no problem adding extra med courses but best contact the CAO maybe to be sure, can't be taking any chances!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭!?!

if i changed the order of my medicine colleges around is that ok? i haven't added on anything new, just the order

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

!?! wrote: »
    if i changed the order of my medicine colleges around is that ok? i haven't added on anything new, just the order

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I emailed CAO today, asking if I could add more medicine courses if I already had at least one before the deadline. The answer was literally one word:
    YES

• Advertisement
Advertisement