Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody have a nokia 5230?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 10:27pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has this phone and if so would you recommend it, how is it for internet (like using boards, for example!) and what is the text/mms memory like? Thanks if anyone has this and knows the answers! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Have one. Internet is wap only. Boards is extremely slow on it. I wouldn't waste my time tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

gimmick wrote: »
    Have one. Internet is wap only. Boards is extremely slow on it. I wouldn't waste my time tbh.

Are you thinking of the 5530 instead of the 5230. They are nearly the same, expect the 5530 is not a 3G handset

I am not technically minded in the slightest, but I am pretty certain it does not have wifi capabilities on it.

Another problem I have is the memory is awful for photos and videos. I have installed very few apps to it, yet I can take about 20 secs of video.

• Advertisement

Rather than start a new thread, I have gotten used to this phone. Easy enough to use. One thing though, and this may seem a trifle unneccessary, but why does it not have graphic smiley faces? Kind of annoys me when I receive them as I have no idea what they mean in many cases. Is there an app to download or anything to make them work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

gimmick wrote: »
    but why does it not have graphic smiley faces? Kind of annoys me when I receive them as I have no idea what they mean

sorry but lol :D

Advertisement