Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Park Hotel Dungarvan

Options
  • 29-06-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Was passing through Dungaravan recently with the four kids, aged 8 down to 2. We stopped at The Park Hotel for lunch. A modest(!) roast beef and mash lunch was €11 for an adult. (OK, I suppose). A half-portion of the same for a child was €9 (outrageous!). A BABY BOWL was €7!!!

Rather than load them all up again we got three adult dinners and divided them between us and drank water. Not a very happy compromise I must say.

€9 for a half-portion and €7 for a baby bowl is unbelievable we brought this to the staff's attention on the day. We try to stay away from the McDonalds of this world, but at least you get a drink with their meals. It's a sad reflection on Ireland and a very bad advert for that hotel, which didn't appear to be anything special I might ad.

That's my little rant over. Maybe it might help someone being ripped off in this great little country of ours!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dungarvan is not in the City, so ill move this over to the County forum. :)

Topic Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

Thanks for that, a mis-click on my part!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

€7 is a scandalous price for a baby bowl and I think €9 for a half portion for a child is a lot considering you can get the full meal for just another €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Ozzie

Please PM me your details and details of when this happened and I will contact you to resolve. It is not hotel policy to charge €7 or anything like this for a baby bowl. THe hotel is a long established local business with a good reputation for its food.

Thanks

Advertisement