Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the Ag Science conference for the exam held???

• 29-06-2010 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:confused:

Don't know.

Why? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

:confused:

Don't know.

Why? :confused:
    I'd imagine he wants to fiind out if the paper was in fact super duper hard and if it'll be marked easier etc.

Not that we'll find out anyway...

theowen wrote: »
    Not that we'll find out anyway...
    Exactly. They won't release info at that stage ...

That's why I was wondering why he was asking ... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

user12 wrote: »

Why do you need to know?

I'll be going to it, but I won't be putting the details of what goes on up here.

What goes on at the marking conference stays at the marking conference. :)

Marking schemes can change a couple of times through the marking period.

You won't find out how the exam is marked until the marking schemes are released in august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

so upset about that exam... i was going for an A1 or an A2.. but it looks like i wont be getting it now.. so unfaIR considering i have worked so hard for the lasst 2 years and i got interviewed with my project by an examiner and he said he would be shocked if i didnt get an A..

but after that paper i would be lucky to get a B!
    so unfair that they could set a paper like that,, is there anyone we (us the students , who have worked so hard can complain to.) that Ged McGuire, chief examiner for agricultural science had some cheek setting a paper like that ,when parts of the questions werent even on the course and the english was so poor.that us studets couldnt comprend it is so unfair considering every marks matter for points this year:mad:.

utterly unfair..!

• Advertisement

Try not to worry too much for now. It's over and there's nothing you can do about it. Everyone else is in the same position as you and there will be a lot of questions asked at the conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Yahooaccount

I thought the ag science conference was yesterday? I think the teacher who writes on the frog blog will probably tell us how that went.

Rainbowtrout, next year will the exam be that hard? As this exam had so many questions beyond the scope of the syllabus, do you think next year they will stick to the syllabus?

Thanks very much!

I I think the teacher who writes on the frog blog will probably tell us how that went.
    I think you are mistaken in that.
    Rainbowtrout, next year will the exam be that hard?
    She can't answer that!! :p:)

I don't think I am, considering he mentioned it on his blog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I don't think I am, considering he mentioned it on his blog.
    He didn't, he said he'll tell us what the chief examiner replied to his email. He only said the exam review will be interesting etc etc!

• Advertisement

I thought the ag science conference was yesterday? I think the teacher who writes on the frog blog will probably tell us how that went.

Rainbowtrout, next year will the exam be that hard? As this exam had so many questions beyond the scope of the syllabus, do you think next year they will stick to the syllabus?

Thanks very much!

No there was a conference for ag science teachers on yesterday to assess the paper and give their opinions. A lot of the subject associations hold them.
    Any ag science teacher can attend that. The marking conference is different. Only those contracted to mark the exams attend that one.

No I can't, if I could I'd probably be able to make my millions and retire (discount for boards members!)!!

theowen wrote: »
    He didn't, he said he'll tell us what the chief examiner replied to his email.
    Which is a very different thing from breaching the confidentiality of a marking conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Why do you need to know?

I'll be going to it, but I won't be putting the details of what goes on up here.

What goes on at the marking conference stays at the marking conference. :)

Marking schemes can change a couple of times through the marking period.

You won't find out how the exam is marked until the marking schemes are released in august.
    Just, what was the general consensus? :o

Healium, she can't give even the general consensus of the marking conference, it's totally unfair to ask her.

However, a little logic and I suspect we can work it out for ourselves.

The majority of AgSci teachers would appear to be unhappy with the "off syllabus" questions on the paper, as the students are.

AgSci examiners are drawn for the most part from AgSci teachers, as with any discipline.

So what do you think the conference of AgSci examiners will be telling the Chief Examiner? (or have told, it's probably over by now)

Healium, she can't give even the general consensus of the marking conference, it's totally unfair to ask her.

However, a little logic and I suspect we can work it out for ourselves.

The majority of AgSci teachers would appear to be unhappy with the "off syllabus" questions on the paper, as the students are.

AgSci examiners are drawn for the most part from AgSci teachers, as with any discipline.

So what do you think the conference of AgSci examiners will be telling the Chief Examiner? (or have told, it's probably over by now)

+1 to all of that

No, I can't give details, it would be a breach of confidentiality and I'd prefer to keep my job. The conference hasn't taken place yet anyway.

Which is a very different thing from breaching the confidentiality of a marking conference.

If it was actually a marking conference, which it wasn't.

If it was actually a marking conference, which it wasn't.

This is my final post on the subject.

There are two conferences. One organised by the subject association. The other for marking. The latter is confidential. I wasn't at the subject association one. However if it was a public conference then the public could attend and give their opinion. So I can't give an opinion as I wasn't there. Ag teachers should be able to give their opinion at a conference without finding their name all over the internet or any other form of media so in effect that's confidential too, but not in the same sense as the marking one is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement