Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building a bbq on green area in housing estate

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi, just wanted to know if anyone out there has ever built a bbq or anything on the green area in thier estate?a few of the neighbours want to build a bbq out of stone,it will look good as it is nice stone,just cant find any info about it online,and can anyone object?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to Construction & Planning from Help Desk. The question seems to be permission-based so C&P seems best.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,256 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If its not your land, then you can't build on it. End of.

The green area likely belongs to a management company, or the council, both of whom would have taken it in charge.

You will need to contact the relevant party, and enquire about purchasing that section of land (not the whole green area), apply for planning, build it.

Personally, i think its a terrible idea. It won't be maintained, will end up a mess.
    And plus, very unlikely you'll get planning as there is no reason you need one and can't use a BBQ in a garden instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Must agree with Mellor there. Unlikely to get pp.

Moreover, who is liable when, not if, there is an incident relating to it, ie, fire, kids fall of it etc etc. Insurance alone, I would doubt that any sane management company, or council for that matter, would allow this type of development without covering their assess first. Dont think that the residents will all cough in to get insurance for this...

Stick to the protable disposable BBQ:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

rayjdav wrote: »
    Must agree with Mellor there. Unlikely to get pp.

Moreover, who is liable when, not if, there is an incident relating to it, ie, fire, kids fall of it etc etc. Insurance alone, I would doubt that any sane management company, or council for that matter, would allow this type of development without covering their assess first. Dont think that the residents will all cough in to get insurance for this...

Stick to the protable disposable BBQ:D:D
    I'm agreeing with this. Kids are dumb, so kids + big stone object = kids will get injured. Child injury + recession = sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,005 ✭✭✭✭muffler

the_syco wrote: »
    recession = sue.
    She's never out of the courts ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Mellor wrote: »
    If its not your land, then you can't build on it. End of.

Exactly.......simple as and end of.

Build a BBQ in your own back garden and invite all the neighbours in to use it or have a BBQ with you.

Its also a great excuse for the kids and youths to have bonfire night every night if you even dare or try do do such a thing.

Then this brings on anti social behavour.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,256 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm agreeing with this. Kids are dumb, so kids + big stone object = kids will get injured. Child injury + recession = sue.
    This I don't agree with.

If some kid climbs a wall, be it his own, a neighbours or the councils, falls of and hurts themselves, there is zero chance of him successfully taking the owner to court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 butanebeauty

we have an annual bbq on the green and its always a great day for the adults as well as the kids.i have built a bbq in my back garden and have had the neighbours in but the whole estate won't fit in my back yard.we have had a couple of objections allready so it looks like a non runner.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 butanebeauty

we have an annual bbq on the green and its always a great day for the adults as well as the kids.i have built a bbq in my back garden and have had the neighbours in but the whole estate won't fit in my back yard.we have had a couple of objections allready so it looks like a non runner.:mad:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/the-doo-gooders-pc-brigade-etc-have-ruined-this-once-great-country-/107600485958826?v=photos#!/pages/the-doo-gooders-pc-brigade-etc-have-ruined-this-once-great-country-/107600485958826?ref=ts

Advertisement