Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO reminder.

• 29-06-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

Well I couldn't see anything...and just in case people forgot.

Don't forget the CAO closes, tomorrow? Or the day after?
    I know its one of the two in anyways, so last minute changes/new additions, get crackin' :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Actually there is something. It is a sticky. here it is:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055948810

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

God damn it! I'm sorry, my vision isn't great...skipped over the stickys. Ah well.

Ignore this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

God damn it! I'm sorry, my vision isn't great...skipped over the stickys. Ah well.

Ignore this
    DO NOT ignore this!! :p:D

You're grand, Ix, if we don't stick things they disappear off the front page quite fast ... if we do, some people never seem to notice stickies (you're not the only one by a long shot!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

You're grand, Ix, if we don't stick things they disappear off the front page quite fast ... if we do, some people never seem to notice stickies (you're not the only one by a long shot!)

Personally I think stickies are counterproductive. There is a tendency to just skip them because you assume them to be charters/announcements etc., that have been there for ages, and possibly even read before. Some forums (not this one though) have too many stickies which completely defeats the purpose.

I think an active thread is most effective, and if it falls to the second page, then it should be 'stuck'

Edit: Back on topic: I can't believe I have left my change of mind so late. I only have to switch my 3rd and 4th choices but this really is an example of my procrastination. Having said that, I think I will leave it to tomorrow as one in the morning is no time to be altering CAOs. Being honest, the fact that you have to re-enter the entire list when you change your mind scares me a bit, in case I make a mistake, and after July 1st there is no comeback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Personally I think stickies are counterproductive. There is a tendency to just skip them because you assume them to be charters/announcements etc., that have been there for ages, and possibly even read before. Some forums (not this one though) have too many stickies which completely defeats the purpose.

I think an active thread is most effective, and if it falls to the second page, then it should be 'stuck'
    That's what I did!! :p

But yeah, I know exactly what you're saying, I have to admit my own eyes automatically go to the top "active" thread in a forum.

(Just as an aside, last year there was some glitch with Boards for a couple of days ... "search" I think. There was (1) a sitewide announcement, which eventually was changed to red and HUGE font (2) a sticky at the top of Feedback ... still people kept opening threads there going "btw, what's up with search?"

Every. Half. An. Hour! >.<

Even with similar threads right underneath!! :eek:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement