Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots monopoly

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Don't you think there should be more shops like boots in this town? This is crazy -one chemist on main street crowded like crazy! Ok, you can buy shampoo or soap in tesco, but there is much more stuff ladies need. So why there is nothing more? :mad:

Comments

So you want more boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

actually another boots would be really handy and I've often thought that myself.

I really like boots brand stuff for lots of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

So you want more boots?

-not boots necessarily, doesn't matter -any bigger shop with stuff like boots sales. I cant belive there is just one in city center!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Maja wrote: »
    -not boots necessarily, doesn't matter -any bigger shop with stuff like boots sales. I cant belive there is just one in city center!

What are ya like, there is another Chemist beside BT's that does some lines along like boots and plenty of spots in city center. What exactly are you looking for?

- maybe there is plenty ( I dont know them and I think I know this town), but what about other parts of town?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I agree,a second Boots would be VERY handy.

Also,another Tesco.

- maybe there is plenty ( I dont know them and I think I know this town), but what about other parts of town?

Why dont you go have a look !:pac:

Nah sure just ask here we will help you.:)

Mr.Mister wrote: »

Also,another Tesco.

No thanks.

Steyr wrote: »
    Why dont you go have a look !:pac:

Nah sure just ask here we will help you.:)

-my sight is fine, thanks. :cool: this is rediculous how crowded that shop is. I have to go there like once a month to buy some make up and other cosmetis and this is crazy! Last time I wasnt abble to get to some shelfs it was so packed!

-my sight is fine, thanks. :cool: this is rediculous how crowded that shop is. I have to go there like once a month to buy some make up and other cosmetis and this is crazy! Last time I wasnt abble to get to some shelfs it was so packed!

Tampons? hehehe

• Advertisement

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    Tampons? hehehe

-yeah, tampons to... :cool: ( this stuff i can by in supermarket )

Just how it's conveniently once a month you go in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There are at least three other chemists in the Shop St area (maybe more, 3 is all I'm 100% of from memory). Another in the Eyre Square Centre, another across the other side of Eyre Square, etc.

So no, I don't think we need another one!

JustMary wrote: »
    There are at least three other chemists in the Shop St area (maybe more, 3 is all I'm 100% of from memory). Another in the Eyre Square Centre, another across the other side of Eyre Square, etc.

For me Boots is handy for the 3 for 2 offers on my deodorant. I buy the fcuk stuff so to get one free is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

-not boots necessarily...
    - maybe there is plenty
    -my sight is fine, thanks
    -yeah, tampons to...

I must ask, what's up with the preceding hyphen (-)?

JustMary wrote: »

The other chemists doesnt have what i need,

So yes, I think we need another one! :rolleyes:

I must ask, what's up with the preceding hyphen (-)?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Boots are meant to be coming to Headford Rd near Woodies. Into Chartbusters old unit.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Boots are meant to be coming to Headford Rd near Woodies. Into Chartbusters old unit.

that'd be great news if it's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Forget Boots, though I wouldn't mind a Superdrug.

• Advertisement

any big chemists with own brand products would be lovely. Superdrug would be fantastic - but I didn't know there were any in the Republic?

Xiney wrote: »
    that'd be great news if it's true!

Are you doubting my sources?!!! :D

Ya Boots or Superdrug over this side would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Xiney wrote: »
    any big chemists with own brand products would be lovely. Superdrug would be fantastic - but I didn't know there were any in the Republic?

Theres one in Letterkenny, cheap enough too. Also does Diet Coke with Lemon/Lime and Cherry Coke... mmm cherry coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Whats wrong with all the other chemists/pharmacies in galway?

Are ye actively trying to put local people out of business by supporting multinationals and their unsustainable low price practises?

kodute wrote: »

Are ye actively trying to put local people out of business by supporting multinationals and their unsustainable low price practises?

I love Boots, the small chemist cant compete but thats not my fault because I choose to shop in Boots. Why should I pay more for the same item with far less choice of products?

if the other chemists would sell off brand products I'd go to them, but they don't.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    I love Boots, the small chemist cant compete but thats not my fault because I choose to shop in Boots. Why should I pay more for the same item with far less choice of products?

Supporting local economy, personalised service, evil corporations. etc

Similar reasons to go to a local greengrocer or down the market to buy veg instead of Lidl or tesco. Obviously lacking the "its healthier" argument.

I would have expected the Galway forum users especially to hold this type of altenative/green/leftist view. Surprised tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I would have expected the Galway forum users especially to hold this type of altenative/green/leftist view. Surprised tbh.

You obviously missed our long devoted threads of adoration marking the arrival of BurgerKing and KFC.

I support local business when it's not ripping me off.

Sometimes I pay a bit more in a local business but the personalised service and so on is worth it. I've never found the extortionate premiums charged by local chemists to be justified in that regard.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    You obviously missed our long devoted threads of adoration marking the arrival of BurgerKing and KFC.

I suppose that comment was tongue in cheek; I saw the tasty horse thread! :D

Advertisement