Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinion on this sat nav please ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

whats that supposed to be , some kind of advertisement ??

i asked did you know anything about a sat nav, not reply to me with some unwanted advertisement

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For that money I would be sticking with the well known brands like Garmin & TomTom.
    Semmes an OK device but I'd like to know whose maps it uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

The initial cost of the Sat Nav is only one part of the bigger picture.
    As mentioned by KK, what maps is it using?

I've had a few non-brand sat navs in the past, and due to difficulties getting tech support, the availability of updated maps, or the extremely high price for new maps; I've decided to stick with one of the main suppliers. It works out about the same price, and a heck of a lot easier to deal with any issues.

I only use Garmin stuff now, but that is because I have a hand held GPS unit, which Tom Tom don't make. If you stick to either a Garmin, or Tom Tom, you'll be better off in the long run.

Just my 2c.

Advertisement