Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel - Bulmers Brewery/Factory

Options
  • 30-06-2010 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Just wondering if the factory in Clonmel operates any tours for groups or is it a closed premises? I think it'd be interesting to see what goes on.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The question came up recently and I believe that it's a closed site.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758564

If you haven't seen it though it doesn't look anything like on the telly :) It's a just a production factory.

I think though that an e-mail to Bulmers would be worth it. I'll try and send them one today explaining that as Travel mod of Boards.ie that it would be in their interest to start one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

We were brought there about thirty years ago... on a school tour!:D When we were about 12! Nothing like starting young. I doubt they'd be allowed bring kids to a brewery on a school tour nowadays?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I just got a reply back from my query :

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your mail

Unfortunately, the plant in Clonmel is not set up for tours by the general public.

Regards,

Grayling
    3-4 Merrion Place
    Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

ya there is alot of security there, nice display of all there products in the security building haha

Advertisement