Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby Sanctum Released :D

Options
  • 30-06-2010 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

So couldnt sleep. Readin over at mmo that patch has been released so once servers back up, should be able to do Ruby Sanctum tomorrow :D seems to have been delayed a few hours for the US ones after the restart, but guessin guilds won't be doin it too early :(

Started wow to go download the patches & I seemed to only get one patch downloaded though were some said they got 2? Maybe they integrated them or sumfin???? Anyhow couldnt find anything about 3.3.5a patch which some say was to fix some known issues :confused:

Will people be hopin for a early pug on their alts or waitin for guild runs to enter the new raid :D albeit small :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

Berns wrote: »
    So couldnt sleep. Readin over at mmo that patch has been released so once servers back up, should be able to do Ruby Sanctum tomorrow :D seems to have been delayed a few hours for the US ones after the restart, but guessin guilds won't be doin it too early

Are you that addicted to WoW that you actually can't sleep without your fix before bed? Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

America got the 3.3.5 patch last week with RS closed and a small 12mb patch this week to fix some bugs. This week we got both the patch and the small hot fix patch to and with europe getting the patch it means that RS is now open.

unsure what their heroic mode encounters, but if we can go straight into it will be doing the 10 man hc mode, and if we need to down him on 10 man first befor releasing the hc mode will do that tonight. The fight is genearlly simple, with some cool abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Are you that addicted to WoW that you actually can't sleep without your fix before bed? Ha.

Shh :P couldnt sleep other night either and slept yesterday & pattern all outa sorts now :(

Think seen that can go straight into heroic without killin on normal from what was readin last night.

Maintenence extended till 1400.... really shoulda seen this coming :rolleyes:

1600 now....

Guess you can do heroic straight away, since Premonition on Us servers got world first of both 10 and 25 man RS. Well I guess blizzard didnt open it until we had the patch. pity they didnt wait til the server was up :(

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1838-Halion-US-First-Kill-Blizzcon-2010-Charity-Dinner

• Advertisement

This is beyond stupid now....Bored waiting for the servers to restart.. :/

Im quite happy, wont be out of work till 5-6 so more people needing to do stuff like voa and weekly :)

Im guessing they are having some problems with real id setup of the wow servers and the battle.net ect.

Since its been down for more then 12+ hours, does that mean europe wow server staff have been there all night?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Downloading patch now?

whats the problem? servers are down?

Appertly,

The maintenance has been extended for all realms until 16:00, Paris time. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience while this is being resolved.

So they should be up, but unsure.

they went from being up at 10:00 paris time to 12:00 to 14:00 and now 16:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Weren't the US servers down for a really long time last week again for the same patch? Are thy doing some pre cata hardware upgrades as well?

• Advertisement

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Weren't the US servers down for a really long time last week again for the same patch? Are thy doing some pre cata hardware upgrades as well?

I doubt it, I'd imagine there's problems embedding the new Real ID on BattleNet. Useless feature that it is IMO..

EDIT : Just been extended to 18:00 Paris time (5:00 Irish), What a disaster..

Hopfully be up when im finished work.

If they were doing server upgrades for cata, they would know how long it takes. they are oviously having problems implemtning the Real ID system with the severs. America took a while for them to get servers back up, and I say with the extra language barriers in europe ther might be some more complications.

Have teh servers gone up yet?

Columc wrote: »
    Have teh servers gone up yet?

Ya the game servers are up, login servers are acting the can though. I tried for awhile after 5 but gave up until later on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

Servers are STILL down, thats some long ass delay like, imo if your planning on doing RS today, the chances you'll ACTUALLY get it done are low.

Imo even if you do get on, 1, the lagg in RS, from pretty much the majority of your whole server being there, will probably cause mass dc's.
    2, the chances of rolling restarts+mini updates are high i'd say. Tbh i'd get a good nights sleep tonight and just go for it tomorrow xD

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

So, what did people think of RS?

I was in a fairly well geared pug (5.1-5.9k GS), and pretty decent teamwork - we downed the boss on the left quick enough, had trouble with the ****ing roaming patrol blocking our way to the boss at the far side, so switched to the boss on the right hand side - we didn't down her, but we had the tactics figured out - just was getting late and people needed sleep...

How did you all fare?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Due to several simultaneous disconnects last night, our progress was slow. The trash is actually fun to kill and reminded me of old school raiding (a little like BWL after Vael) with need for CC/sleep.

1st miniboss was down on 2nd attempt (we just zerged the original and offtanked the copy) and 2nd proved tougher, but once we figured out tactics, it was easy. The air phase is like a mix of Festergut's vomit and Sindragosa's ice tomb, and we had plenty of hunters to prevent raid damage with tranq shot.

Trash seemed to be harder than the minibosses and we ended up finishing early due to respawns and did some ICC farming instead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I liked it. It'll get boring after a while, same as everything else, but hey, that's the game we play.

Initially a good concept, but pretty easy and well, boring as being said.

But the 25man is worth running for the cloak, wirsts and trinket, which every caster in game will want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Thought it would be alot more fun/challenging then what it was. By intention i didn't watch any of the PTR vids. quite dissapointed to 1 shot the whole place. Althought the roaming pack can be a challenge in pugs(25) as the tanks dont seem to like splitting them up.

• Advertisement

Only got to do it on 25 man on main. Dunno if will get a shot tonight sometime at all on a alt but don't think theres many decent pugs on our server :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Havent set foot in the place yet as our guild are taking a break for WC and exams and im growing tired of the game so i havent bothered pugging it.

However, it seems the ethos of "make it easy to keep everyone and their 2 year old brother happy" is alive and well in the wrymrest temple. Doesnt bode well for cata :(

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Dustaz wrote: »
    Havent set foot in the place yet as our guild are taking a break for WC and exams and im growing tired of the game so i havent bothered pugging it.

However, it seems the ethos of "make it easy to keep everyone and their 2 year old brother happy" is alive and well in the wrymrest temple. Doesnt bode well for cata :(

Havent bothered either. Havent bothered raiding ICC in about 6-7 weekes (at least)....

Maybe im getting bored again.... :P Gonna hang in till cataclysm and se....

:P

Got the http://www.wowhead.com/item=54572 there from RS 25

Well chuffed, right after my first LK 25kill too :D

Dustaz wrote: »

In fairness you can tell if ws very much a filler to hopefully stop people dropping from the game.

Like I'll be doing the ten heroic and 25 every week to get myself the items in there which are pretty impressive.

But the instance isnt a raid. You can tell not alot of work went into it like, even by the entrance of the final boss, to the general design of the place.

Saying that when you get it on key it takes about 25-30 minutes which isnt bad when all you want is the items. However I would have enjoyed something more challenging

Of course it is a filler. But 95% of their development team is off working on cataclysm hence why it hasn't much work done to it.

And being more difficult. You wanting it to be more difficult in the way of different mechanics or just he hits harder and has more hp pool?

The 3 phases are good for what they have, but with most of your department working for cataclysm its hard to think up new mechanics just for a 2-3 month period raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Oooh love that trinket.

Absolutely nobody doing RS on our server.

Went in on my mage yesterday for first time and rolled a 92 on the spellcaster trinket to loose to 94, heartbreaking :(

I'm still one of very few with the trinket on the server, it seems there just isnt alot of people doing RS25, and there is about 1-3 pugs a week completing it...

Odd, considering there is some BiS gear in there for alot of classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

bracers are BIS for rogue (at least mutilate anyways, not sure about combat)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Geomatician

Terribly boring tbh, heroic 10 was a 3 shot first time there and 25hc was only annoying because many people took breaks after the first LKhc 25 kill. Could have killed 25hc alot faster as none of the mechanics are really that new and original. 284 cloak dropped once, I didnt win it... Thus far the caster dps trinket hasnt dropped on heroic!

Advertisement