Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Mature Student Medicine Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 CAOMAN

Also, does anyone know if the colleges know what order you have your choices on the CAO? Would they know if they are your first or second choice?[/QUOTE]

Yes institutions can see all of your course choices and in the order that you put them

However, they are not allowed to take this into account as you can change the order between now and May 1st so it makes no difference.

If you are informed in writing or e-mail that it does make a difference, please inform the CAO and they will take up the case with the institution.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Good luck to everyone that has an interview tomorrow and tuesday, you have obviously impressed them so far so all you have to do is be yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

Thanks mate :-) Never been as nervous about any interview before. Even my previous job ones were a piece of cake compared to this !!! Just wondering from the guys who applied last year did they give any indication at the time if you were successful after the interview ? I wasn't eligible last year as i was 23 days too young grrrrrr :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

anybody else have interview today? Just wondering if I saw any of you folk in the waiting area.. I was the only guy and three girls waiting after me.

I thought mine went well.. but then again I also thought that last year and didn't get a place! :p

Best of luck to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Glad to hear it went well holingr!!
    Hope everyone is happy with how theirs went!

< Mod Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain1888

Well done hollnr glad it went well!!! I was there I saw one other lad and three girls!!! I thought it went well but as you say ya never really know!! They seemed to like asking how you think you would relate to people just out of school!!

I just said easily!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 notsofar

Guys what did they ask to know for next year!!!!!!
    Well done hollnr glad it went well!!! I was there I saw one other lad and three girls!!! I thought it went well but as you say ya never really know!! They seemed to like asking how you think you would relate to people just out of school!!

I just said easily!!

They asked all about you...
    What skills you have
    Why would like to do medicine
    Why RCSI and then why now for you!
    V general!

Thought that went really well :-). But who knows till offers are made

I can barely remember how I answered the questions now.. was such a flash in the pan. Was all the q's was expecting but they did try to trip me up when they got the chance. Somehow I think I managed to talk A LOT in 15 mins.. maybe too much! :p

They said we'll hear back within next two weeks right? I remember last year everyone was posting they got a phone call with offer a little while after interviews, and I heard absolutely nothing and then got a rejection letter.. Not fun!

• Advertisement

I've a very good feeling about this one for some reason :-). Hopefully we both get offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SeeTea

Anyone hear from other colleges??

Oh, and thanks CAOMAN! :D

keep an eye on the link below for updates re ucd..
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/admissions/mynews.html

TCD were supposedly interviewing for medicine this week, but I have heard that they do them in batches so who knows, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope there.

Great, thanks for that link Hollingr! Where did you hear some interviews were this week??:( So you havnt heard from trinity yourself yet? I think I might send them an email tomorrow, and try find out something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sunnygrl

Received this from TCD last week:

Admissions Office ADMISSNS@tcd.ie
    May 10 (6 days ago)

Dear,

The School of Medicine is currently selecting applicants for interview. Once final decisions have been made all applicants will be notified by post.

Regards,
    Admissions Office

Thanks sunnygrl! God, I actually can't handle the waiting!! I've been going into work late for the last week because my post man comes at around 20 to 9 every morning. Supposed to be in work for 9!! I think I'm just going to have to go cold turkey and not check it until the evenings when I'm home..:/

The contact that I had with TCD yesterday was that all of those called for interview have been notified... Interviews will take place on the 21st of may and tgat after this point everyone will be informed either! I think that is so they can make sure the ppl they are interviewing are who they want! What I find v odd is that I have literally heard of no one that was even called or interview in TCD... Beginning to think they are a bit of a shower!!!

The contact that I had with TCD yesterday was that all of those called for interview have been notified... Interviews will take place on the 21st of may and tgat after this point everyone will be informed either! I think that is so they can make sure the ppl they are interviewing are who they want! What I find v odd is that I have literally heard of no one that was even called or interview in TCD... Beginning to think they are a bit of a shower!!!
    No way? That's mad!! I emailed today and they said no interview date has been set.. Very odd. I'd say next week will be the week colleges start coming back to us for definite! :S

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sunnygrl

For real?! Me thinks they enjoy the torture....

Ive still heard nowt from anyone but RCSI.

Ive pretty much accepted this year is a no-no for me.

GAMSAT in March for UK schools?? I guess so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

Ive still heard nowt from anyone but RCSI.

Ive pretty much accepted this year is a no-no for me.

GAMSAT in March for UK schools?? I guess so!

You need to be doing the gamsat in September over in the UK to be eligible to apply this year. And don't do like I did and leave applying to last minute, do your research early(I realised I needed a reference the day before submission and hadn't even done any work experience at that point!)

I know its for 2013 Entry :) I cant afford to travel to London to sit it in Sept - besides i havnt even started studying!!

I know UCAS opens in October too, Thanks!

ukcat website says testing starts in july?

TCD keep very few places for matures, and I don't think they have any particular quota usually just 1-2 people get in through them as matures. Given that level of competition I know I have no chance, they are probably using mostly TCD science graduates with phds, nobel prizes, charity awards, and extra arms with which to perform surgery.

Rcsi did say they hope to make offers by Friday week right for people who interviewed ? The day is that much of a blur I can hardly remember :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

hollingr wrote: »
    ukcat website says testing starts in july?

TCD keep very few places for matures, and I don't think they have any particular quota usually just 1-2 people get in through them as matures.

Just letting you know (bit of hope :) ) TCD let 5 -7 people in as matures.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

I know its for 2013 Entry :) I cant afford to travel to London to sit it in Sept - besides i havnt even started studying!!

I know UCAS opens in October too, Thanks!

Yeah that's what I mean, for entry to medicine in UK 2013 you have to apply this October but you need to have for the Gamsat first to have a score which they can check eligibility for. Besides you've loads of time to study, and your best just getting a loan and doing the exam asap.

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Just letting you know (bit of hope :) ) TCD let 5 -7 people in as matures.

oh really?? Someone had said to me it was only 1-2 last year, thanks for clearing up.. but still I think they already started the interviews and I haven't heard back so I'd say that ship has sailed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

hollingr wrote: »
    oh really?? Someone had said to me it was only 1-2 last year, thanks for clearing up.. but still I think they already started the interviews and I haven't heard back so I'd say that ship has sailed!

last year it was definitely six (I'm wracking my brain here and can think of six immeadiately, there may be one other but I'm not so sure). Fingers crossed for you! Have you heard from RCSI yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ultimatehero

Has anybody heard anything from UCC yet?

• Advertisement

Jessibelle wrote: »
    last year it was definitely six (I'm wracking my brain here and can think of six immeadiately, there may be one other but I'm not so sure). Fingers crossed for you! Have you heard from RCSI yet??

thanks! should hear back on RCSI place in the next day or two.. interview went well and am quietly confident!

Advertisement