Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Mature Student Medicine Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

just to clarify.. how many of you have been called and offered a place already??

and if you have, what l.c points/hpat scores did you get?

at this stage i think i might need to become the next mother theresa to actually get into medicine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 anastacia86

hollingr wrote: »
    just to clarify.. how many of you have been called and offered a place already??

and if you have, what l.c points/hpat scores did you get?

at this stage i think i might need to become the next mother theresa to actually get into medicine!!

haha I was thinking more of a cross between Marie Currie and Christina Noble for myself! What do ya rekon? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 footie10

Serious gun jumping here, I am waiting for official confirmation that the phonecall I received wasnt some sick sick sick sick sick prank!!
    Havent heard anything since friday week ago, a friend mine is the same so I can assume we're all good, admissions dept probably up to their eyes after hpat came out.

Cart before horse and all that...I know...but just trying to check up on all the colleges again before Friday's deadline, see any aspects i have missed.

haha I was thinking more of a cross between Marie Currie and Christina Noble for myself! What do ya rekon? :)

as long as you were florence nightengale in a previous lifetime i think it will be acceptable!

a friend of mine told me he knows a girl that was offered her place a few weeks ago also. who knows maybe it was one of you guys!

the more i hear, the more i fear..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Allie79

Give them a ring hollingr - can't hurt and then you'd know. Good luck!

• Advertisement

sent them an email already - asking if I heard wrong since serveral people have been called already, and if 1st week in July meant we would hear this Friday.

they answered very abruptly with about 5 words - we will hear 1st week in July, so I don't want to push it any more! I'm just going to sit tight. I can already assume i'm not in the top 15. I can just hope i'm somewhere close on the margin and not everyoen in the top 15 accepts a place.

So if some of you could kindly decline a place in rcsi i'd be much obliged!! :P

Oh well, you tried, cross fingers and hold tight till next week, hope it's good news for you!

Hey just started a thread enquiring into the financing of Medicine (fingers crossed) for next five years:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73081604#post73081604

so anyone any ideas/experiences etc, as the thread says be appreciated

trying to get organised for september..

Luck

I guess thats the reason some people get offered places in september, or even 2-3 weeks into the course as i've heard from one acquaintance.. people getting places then realising they can't finance it so have to pull out! I guess now more than ever getting money from banks is going to be difficult, hope it works out for you. Maintenance grant for day to day expenses is also worth applying, its been cut pretty low (as of last year I think) but still better than nothing.

Did anyone get the 'official' nod yet to say they have or have not been offered place? They said 1st week in July so am waiting for my "sorry, its not your year" call sometime this week..

I read somewhere that the very first round of offers are out this week aren't they? Thursday I think? Not sure if there'll be med offers included but it did say mature students. I'm going insane just thinking about the small possibility that they're going to offer me a place - just want to fast forward to knowing one way or another!!!!

• Advertisement

got a letter today allie - Not successful on this occasion! depending on where you live and your postman i'm sure you'll get a letter today or tomorrow.. hope yours isn't same as mine!

Sorry to hear that hollingr - I already got that letter re: my mature application but I'm holding out hope for regular entry. If not then we'll both be back on here next year huh?

:( Sorry to hear that aswell hollingr. Fingers crossed for next year for you if you decide to reapply. I didn't receive anything today so probably tomorrow.

Woke up this morning to a CAO offer from RCSI. Stared at the screen for about 10 minutes before I believed it! The joys of getting finance in place now begins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ady

Woke up this morning to a CAO offer from RCSI. Stared at the screen for about 10 minutes before I believed it! The joys of getting finance in place now begins!
    Congrats! That's brilliant news. 5 or 6 year course?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

Congrats!! I wonder did you maybe have a missed call on your phone a few weeks back and didnt receive any message until now?? Got confirmation on CAO today myself of the 5 year course so will see you in September!!

Congrats Anastacia!!!!!! Best of luck with the course.

Thanks guys! And congrats to others who got offers today :) It didn't specify 5 or 6 year. Going to send them a mail now to be sure.
    Don't remember missing a call but it's definitely possible!
    Allie, with a HPAT score like that I'll be amazed if you're not joining us in September. I'll keep fingers crossed for you!

congrats! :)

Deposit paid, it's beginning to feel real now! :) Apart from the obvious of sorting finance, is there anything else we need to do before September? Are you guys gonna buy the books, for example, or wait till we're a couple of weeks in and get the feel for it? http://www.rcsi.ie/index.jsp?p=281&n=282 Haha, not even started yet and already I'm getting that ''I should really be doing more work'' feeling. Welcome back to college :)

• Advertisement

Deposit paid, it's beginning to feel real now! :) Apart from the obvious of sorting finance, is there anything else we need to do before September? Are you guys gonna buy the books, for example, or wait till we're a couple of weeks in and get the feel for it? http://www.rcsi.ie/index.jsp?p=281&n=282 Haha, not even started yet and already I'm getting that ''I should really be doing more work'' feeling. Welcome back to college :)

Thank you for this! I hadn't received my pack from RCSI yet. Rang them up and realised it must have been lost in the post (my address can be confusing). Luckily was able to get the deposit transferred over this morning so all is good!

Haha yeah saw booklist as soon as finished LC and crossed my mind to go shopping..early days for that yet...

Do any of ye know when we have to pay balance of the fees??

ady wrote: »
    Thank you for this! I hadn't received my pack from RCSI yet. Rang them up and realised it must have been lost in the post (my address can be confusing). Luckily was able to get the deposit transferred over this morning so all is good!

No way! Glad I could help - stupid post office! :)

footie10 wrote: »
    Haha yeah saw booklist as soon as finished LC and crossed my mind to go shopping..early days for that yet...

Do any of ye know when we have to pay balance of the fees??

by the 15th of September from the letter..

yeah cheers spotted it after..

So nobody else with no science background doing the 6 year course?

Not that I know of Ady. But from what I know of RCSI the years are all very integrated anyway because it's so small.

Not that I know of Ady. But from what I know of RCSI the years are all very integrated anyway because it's so small.

Okay cool. Just a bit of irrational "I'm going to be on my tod with a bunch of 18 year olds".. Pity they don't organise a mature students evening or something before we head back. From reading the threads here it sounds like we're all going through exactly the same things!

Okay cool. Just a bit of irrational "I'm going to be on my tod with a bunch of 18 year olds".. Pity they don't organise a mature students evening or something before we head back. From reading the threads here it sounds like we're all going through exactly the same things!

Ha think we will survive, 15 or so matures so won't quite stick out like sore thumb...

• Advertisement

Haha we'll all be in the same boat! Haven't heard that the college organise anything but no reason we couldn't maybe organise something among ourselves?

Advertisement