Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Mature Student Medicine Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Whats this about

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Id imagine it was a joke judging by his past posts and the stupidity of admitting something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Would you want to take the chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Mr Beaker has PMed to say he was taking the proverbial re the RCSI applications so I think we'll leave 'Beaker-gate' there folks.
    Lets get the thread back on track.
    Pclip2

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

definitely was a joke. In poor taste, but definitely a joke!

I wouldn't go emailing them accusing people of doing that, and causing a big fuss, better would be just email to confirm they have received your application! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

Has anyone rang to check their application after that lovely comment by beaker ? ?

I know it may have seemed like i was over reacting - likely my application wasnt even in said box as it was delivered on Saturday - but still.

Very silly joke on Mr. Beakers behalf.

I wouldn't call it over reacting when it means so much to so many people here. Idiotic comment !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Ok folks we are moving on from this so can we leave all references to the events of last evening aside
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Captain1888

Hi,

Has anyone received confirmation of receipt of their supplementary docs or is that something that you have to email to ask for?

• Advertisement

I didn't get any confirmation last yr capt'n, but never asked. I'm sure if you email them they will get back to you fairly quickly, they are pretty timely with their responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 arzieparzie

has anyone heard anything back from rcsi yet? i know the applications only had to be in last monday but there's not much time until the interviews.. aaah worried! :(

Chill out squire! They'll need to read through loads of applications, make a few different piles to read through again, then short list people for interview.. Definitely too early to be fretting!!

Last year I got to interview stage, and I received email notification of this fact on Fri, May 13, 2011.

My interview was on Thursday 09th June 2011, giving plenty of time to prepare. We should hear back within the next two weeks.

i'd say tomorrow could be d day

why so? what makes you think that speeding?

This weekend being a bank holiday. I'm only guessing that they'll send out interview offers by close of day tomorrow. I could be wrong though :-p Interviews are the 14th/15th may so it'll either be tomorrow or tuesday next week. I'd put my money on tomorrow.

how do you know the interview dates? was much later last year!

it says on our invitation letter to submit documents

speeding wrote: »
    it says on our invitation letter to submit documents

d'oh...

Thanks for pointing that out! :o

I'd say you're right.. but then again maybe they feel they don't need to give as much notice this year since we already know the dates. Sooner the better I say for all these interview letters/emails due.. my postbox is ready to file a restraining order against me!

yeah it must be soon right? that's why i was getting worried.... they can't really give less than a weeks notice can they?

• Advertisement

well i guess best thing to do is just prepare as if you're getting it!

this is true! haha i think i need to unfollow this thread... every time there's a post i get an email to my phone and i keep having a minor heart attack thinking it's from the rcsi! lol :D

got the interview email this morning..

did they ask you to come for an interview?

they did indeed.. i got one last year though so i would have been fairly shocked if i didn't at least get interview again this year!!

best of luck to everyone, if you want advice on improving for next year if you dont get an interview, drop me a line.. 2nd year applying for me.

thanks, i hope you get in!!

did u get email also?

hollingr wrote: »
    did u get email also?
    Unfortunately not but there's always next year!

Yes :-). I've got an interview at least. What day are other people at ? I'm on Tuesday :-).

• Advertisement

Aww Bummer :(

Advertisement