Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Mature Student Medicine Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

im on monday mornin'

sorry to hear that arzie, it may take a few goes but determination will see you through :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Was it just from admissions office?

yeah, an email from one of the girls in admissions..

Awk well sure - better get stuck into GAMSAT revision for September!:(

GUTTED though. barf.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

For those who didnt get an interview -Did anyone receive an email saying they aren't invited to interview or is it just that they haven't heard anything?

• Advertisement

No email at all - So im taking that as a bad sign - Unless theyre sending them out in batches?

Just got a rejection email

Good luck to everyone who got called

gutted for ya.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

dtfo wrote: »

Sorry to hear that :-( But you can do it !! keep at it and you'll get there. I'm not giving up even if i'm unsuccessful at interview.

"Your application has not been rejected and if all places are not filled as a result of the Round One interviews we will then move to Round Two interviews which, if required, will be held on the 25th and 26th June.

The Admissions Office will contact you in June to update you on your application."

I guess its not all bad news, but im taking it as a rejection anyway - that way ill be surprised in June.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard from UCD/Trinners/UUC etc?

Haven't heard from tcd/ucd yet. I emailed trinity a few days ago and they got back saying interview offers would be sent out "in the near future".. whatever that means!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 notsofar

dtfo wrote: »

What did your email say?

I'd love to know how many people they're interviewing this year. It doesn't sound like an awful lot if they're possibly holding a second round of interviews. Did they mention anything about that last year ?

My email was the same as FairytaleGirls

IIRC they are interviewing 30 people

Yeah last year they interviewed 31 from what I remember, probably about the same this year... The way I looked at was "wohoooo, 50% chance of getting in".

I picked heads, I got tails :(

mmmm i think we have a slightly better chance than 50 percent. lets remember that everyone that gets an offer is not necessarily going to accept it. End of the day all we can do is our best :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anneoy

hey peeps, anyone know how many places are reserved for mature students at each of the colleges?

15 places for matures is the norm

do you know any stats - such as how many generally apply and get interviews?

• Advertisement

the numbers applying varies greatly year on year, I think it's usually in the hundreds applying though.

in rcsi they do 30 interviews I would imagine its roughly the same in other colleges

I'm thinking about applying next year but I'm not liking those odds! lol Is it the highest hpat scores that get interviews?

nope. hpat is a small part of the selection process, it's more about your overall proof of academic ability, experience related to medicine, and what you have done to show medicine is right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SeeTea

Hey guys! I got called for interview too!! My god, I was SO delighted, I was shaking - and that's just being called for interview?! :S So, do we have any idea when we might hear from any other colleges or if I havnt heard by now is it a bad sign? Hollingr, I'm in on the Monday too! My time is half 12, are you in earlier? How did you find it last year? Might get to see you there!! :D And, did you hear back from other colleges last year? Did you hear from RCSI first? Xxxxxxx

Well done Seetea and well done everyone else who got interviews! Do you mind if I ask you what all your backgrounds are? Are they health related?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SeeTea

Thanks anneoy! I have a general science under graduate degree, then I went on to do a masters in Medical Physics because I didn't get a 2.1 in my undergraduate. I thought a 2.1 in a masters would be considered too, but I was wrong! So that's why I'm trying to get in via mature entry. But I don't think it matters too much what your academic background is, I'd say they would be more interested in other things you've done. I could be wrong though, I don't know! Hollingr seems to be the go to girl for any questions, she knows so much!! :D xxxxxxxxx

I did radiography in ucd and been working for the last 2 years in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 notsofar

hollingr wrote: »
    Yeah last year they interviewed 31 from what I remember, probably about the same this year... The way I looked at was "wohoooo, 50% chance of getting in".

I picked heads, I got tails :(

Hey but was it 31 people in total or just in round 1. Was there round 2 anyway or us who were postponed have been really just rejected??

^ I'd like to know that too.

I had 6months experience working in a care home/in the community - and several weeks shadowing a respiratory consultant (who wrote me an awesome reference) and a cardiologist.

My undergrad degree is a 2:2 in English Literature and Media studies - and my reference from my uni tutor stated I was was going through personal difficulty in final year and am capable of doing so much better.

But still no interview :(

• Advertisement

^ I'd like to know that too.

I had 6months experience working in a care home/in the community - and several weeks shadowing a respiratory consultant (who wrote me an awesome reference) and a cardiologist.

My undergrad degree is a 2:2 in English Literature and Media studies - and my reference from my uni tutor stated I was was going through personal difficulty in final year and am capable of doing so much better.

But still no interview :(

Hard to know. Wonder if they mentioned anything about a second round of interviews last year. Sounds like you had a strong application. Chin up though. You never know.

Advertisement