Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

191011121315»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I felt those three were better suited to a nocturnal tournament than an overgrown boy scout or thunder god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Swamp Thing deserves to be in tournament. Thor is still magnificent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I beginning to regret putting Swamp Thing and Ghost Rider in this.

I know how you're feeling man, I put Galactus in a tournament before and it was a bit of a fail on my part! :P

Still trying to decide who should win here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ok I have decided on my choice.

I am going to go with the Ketch/Kale Ghost Rider.

I had forgotten that he was a bit more than just the King Of Hell. He was revealed to be the actual Angel Of Death and was capable of taken any form of life in any dimension.

Swamp Thing at his most powerful was capable of destroying the Earth by himself, but was stopped by The Word.

Ghost Rider on the other hand destroyed a being that tore a planet apart, and he managed that even before he gained the powers that came with being the King Of Hell, and before he was aware of the full extent of his powers.

Also both Swampy and Ghost Rider have both gone to both heaven and Hell, with Ghost Rider being the more effective in both places.

So i reckon GR stops Swampy but he has to wipe out the entire planet and rend it asunder to finally kill Swampy. By destroying every last bit of the planet, he leave no physical form for Swampy to take or make, so he forces Swampy to his true form, which is that of a disembodied intelligence/conciousness.

A conciousness that can be snuffed out by an Angel Of Death.

Basically a godlike being fighting an actual god.

Meh so my favourite of the pair does not get my nod for the win. :(

Ghost Rider for the win that has just killed all of us. :D

Hang on, are those rocks on the moon taking on a humanoid shape? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Swamp Thing, just a fecking plant at the end of the day, and powers over other forms of vegetation! Oh noes! Ghost Rider shall be victorious.

Ghost Rider FTW

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

what kess said:pac:

Ghost Rider

If you can read this, you're too close!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Swamp Thing, just a fecking plant at the end of the day, and powers over other forms of vegetation! Oh noes! Ghost Rider shall be victorious.

Ghost Rider FTW

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

He is not actually a plant though. He has no full time physical body, just whatever one he is in until he makes a new one/the old one is destroyed/ shifts his conciousness to another place.

I am voting for Swamp Thing. I have no logical reason to believe he would win so it's my vote and I want Swamp Thing to win.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Near as I can tell it's 3-2 Ghost Rider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Planet explodes. Ghost Rider goes back to hell.
    Ghost Rider wins (I think)

• Advertisement

CHAMPION

ghostrider.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I want Kess' babies after that explanation, and I'll also... oh wait, battle over, Ghost Rider wins, all is as it should be.

Damn I need to get me some internet.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Planet explodes. Ghost Rider goes back to hell.
    Ghost Rider wins (I think)

I think it is very suitable that this was the last voting post.

Yeah, twas a nice capper for the match. Think I may put up the Russell vs. Deathstroke match after work in the morning. That of course is just for fun.

I think they are right (:( sigh) Just could not vote down Swampy.

BTW:
    Swamp Thing combines the fire and air parliamentary powers to create a plasma blast that leaves nothing of the Rider but his boots. Swampy wins.

I wanted the werewolf to win actually

I wanted the werewolf to win actually

He had no chance really, given that he has been soundly beaten, when feral and also when capable of rational thought, by Moon Knight a number of times. Even if the mega powered individuals were taken out of the contest, there were still loads left that would have spanked Jack Russell. Sabretooth, Wolverine, Deathstroke just to name three.

Bronze Medal Match

JACK RUSSELL
    80243-89144-werewolf-by-night_super.jpg

VS

DEATHSTROKE
    583575-deathstroke_large.jpg

Slade Wilson has been offered a lucrative contract to eliminate an individual that threatens certain individuals future plans. The information he recieves leads him high into the Rocky Mountains. What he has failed to realize however is that he is no longer the hunter, but is instead the hunted.

Russell is capable of rational thought.

• Advertisement

Deathstroke wins at a canter.

Jack Russell does not have a great record against skilled fighters with no real super powers like MoonKnight, so would fare badly against Deathstroke who is a highly skilled fighter who also has superstrength, a healing factor, and crazy reflexes.

Moonknight is a good barometer for this battle. He has soundly beaten Jack Russell in past comics and in more recent comics, and has beaten the feral Jack and the rational Jack handily enough.

Moonknight has himself been battered by Wolverine a number of times, and Wolverine could only fight Deathstroke to a stalemate.

Deathstroke for the win.

These massive mountains are home to a great many critters. Among them those who kill humans. If you aren't wary you can choose your own death: gored and stomped by moose or elk,resting heavy in the belly of a cougar that might have stalked you for days waiting for the right time and the right place to take you down. Omnivorous Black and Grizzly bears always ready for a snack. Should you be so unlucky as to run into a grizzly, weighing in at half a ton and standing 10 foot on his hind legs you better hope heaven will save you cause your chances are slim. Mama coyotes, trying to feed their babies, and the gray Wolf packs, that howl at night, are always hungry. You probably wouldn't have so much trouble against the coyotes but the pack wolves are cunning and just waiting their chance.

So this leads me up to last night's occurrence. Although it was from a distance, I have to believe I saw something that these mountains haven't witnessed in a while. Sam, my dog, began to act strange, first pawing and sniffing at the door,then retreating to hide under the bed whimpering. I tried to comfort him but he just kept repeating his path from the door to under the bed. I wasn't wild to go out and face anything that gave Sam the spooks like that, so I got my night goggles and peered out the tiny window on the front of the cabin.
    Mists rose from the cooling Mountain and there were floating clouds across the face of the full moon. What I saw gave me a chill. There marching up the narrow valley that leads only to my house was a military looking man. He was armed to the teeth. Plodding between the narrow craggy cliffs that rise straight up. Not hiding -almost as if knew I was watching his progress. As if that made it even more fun. I knew what it was about. There are those who want me off this mountain and would go to any length to make that happen.I tried to calm Sam as I assembled my small arsenal of weapons. I was sure I was going down, but I wasn't going without a fight.
    Then Sam really started going crazy. Running to the door -then to the center of the room -barking madly then again under the bed whimpering. As I looked out the window the clouds shifted. There above the military guy leaping from narrow ledges and foot holds came a dark figure. Just as the moon glinted pure and white, the clouds parted and I saw the figure stand and leap onto the military man. With one muscled arm the creature swatted at military guy's head and it went arcing high, only to fall at some distance. Then I watched unable to look away as the hairy creature tore military guy limb from limb. I saw his fangs glint in the moonlight. I watched as that thing, near seven foot tall, devoured that man. He never seen what was coming.
    I was still sitting at the window when the sun rose, although the creature had long since left. He had stretched himself up and released a blood curdling howl that shock the whole cabin. Leaping on all fours, he ran down the trail. When Sam finally came from under the bed he nuzzled my hand as if to say he was sorry for his moments of whimpering. I reassured him "Shoot boy, I durn near wet myself too."
    I been doing some thinking. I guess maybe it's time this old man got hisself off this mountain. Not really like giving in -more like giving over to something that can do a better job keeping the mountain intact than me and ol' Sam. Yep, Me and Sam we'll be leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow, cause I'd rather spend another night in the cabin than get caught out on the mountain at night. Guess all them Indian legends was true. Cause I seen it with my own eyes.

Werewolf WINS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Deathstroke has too much of a pedigree, he dismantles the werewolf and goes to claim his reward.

Deathstroke for the bronze.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Deathstrokes just got far too much going on in this match up.

Oh yeah, Deathstroke takes the bronze. Thanks again to everyone who stopped by this tournament and I shall see you all if I ever do another of these

Advertisement