Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

BATTLE 14

BOOSTER GOLD & RAG DOLL
    250px-Booster_Gold_by_Benes.jpg200px-Rag_Doll_Face.jpg

VS

JESSICA JONES & SPIDER-GIRL

226027-72224-jessica-jones_super.jpg238295-5687-spider-girl_super.gif

new-york-0000999.jpg

Spider-Girl has been thrown backwards in time. While looking for a way home she has paired up with Jessica Jones for a tour of her father's city. Her presence here has alerted Booster Gold who has come to make sure she is returned to her proper time before she damages the timestream. To this end he has recruited the villianous mercenary Rag Doll to aid him in tricking her into going home.
    *yes, this is the Booster gold who works with Rip Hunter, no he does not have the Supernova suit availabale and Skeets is down for repairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Has to be the two New Yorkers that win this one.

I would fancy SpiderGirl or Jessica Jones to be able to beat a pre Supernova Booster Gold.

As for Ragdoll? Well he is bendy, is only a so so fighter and well that's pretty much it.

The girls take on Booster high above the city, giving him a bit of a kicking before finishing him. Then they turn their attention to Ragdoll, using him as a live Stretch Armstrong doll for a bit until he comes apart like a wishbone.

Spider-Jones for the win

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jessica Parker for the win.

they're just power houses compared to their enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'll go for Jessica Jones and Spider-Girl, looking at their foe's abilities, I just can't see them having eenough to take them down. Spider Jones FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Booster Gold is no match for Spider-Girl, who is one talented teen. All she really has to do is wham him into a few walls and then peel him off. And since Rag Doll is really not all that dangerous, don't see him as a problem. Jessica takes him out with ease by usiong her strength to hold on long enough to drop him into the shark tank or polar bear cage at the zoo. Just see how compactly he fits into their tummies. Then she can come back to help Spider-Girl if SG really needs the helping hand...:pac:
    Spider-Girl and Jessica Jones

Take This One.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Jessica Parker win. On with the tournament
    BATTLE 15

THE SHADE & BLADE
    shade.jpg
    96963-190301-blade_super.jpg

VS

ETRIGAN & MORBIUS, THE LIVING VAMPIRE

etrigan3.jpg
    gallery-msg-1113215967-21.jpg

Palomar%20Observatory.jpg

Morbius has traveled to Opal City for a meeting with Etrigan in an effort to recruit him for his new Legion of Monsters. Unfortunately Blade is convinced morbius only wishes to build a vampire army and has come to stop him. before he can attack though Shade approaches and offers his assistance as he would rather his adopted city not become a battleground.
    *For this battle let us assume The Shade has recently been powered down as a result of injuries sustained during Blackest Night. He still retains full control of his shadow energies, but has been rendered vulnerable to extreme physical trauma.

Blade is really the runt of this foursome in terms of powers and abilities.

Morbius would come next.

Then it is a massive jump up to Etrigan who can go toe to toe with a full powered Superman or Lobo, and who controls magic to a degree just below Merlin, and of course there is the fact that he loves pain so hurting him only makes him continue to fight.

But even he pales before the Shade who is literally seen as being a challenge for the Spectre, who is often regarded as the most powerful being in the DC universe.

So Morbius has a Superman level partner in this battle, but Blade has a partner who is as far above Ertigan and Morbius in terms of power as the likes of Superman are above a regular human.

And they are fighting against the Shade at night!!!!!

Massively one sided, this battle ends as soon as The Shade wants it to.

Shade-Walker for the win.

I think shade blade has this.

Can't really see morby stopping blade at full annoyance (even though the two should really consider one another "siblings" imo) and while I am not sure Shade would really beat Etrigan in the state mentioned above I think blade would delay etrigan long enough for shade to summon a bajillion shadow monsters to take out Etrigan.

Ahh had not read the sneaky edit about The Shade.:D

If the Shade is in his weakend state and vunerable to physical damage then I will change my vote and give the win to the E&M connection.

Etrigan is now massively more powerful than any of the other three. He is in the Lobo/Superman class in terms of strength and durablilty, and is super fast, telepathic, can fire energy blasts, can see the future, has enhanced senses like Wolverine, and has enhanced claws.

The weaker version of Shade will be getting to suffer some extreme blunt force trauma at his hands and Blade will be like a bug on a windshield.

My new vote is for the E&M connection

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ahh had not read the sneaky edit about The Shade.:D

If the Shade is in his weakend state and vunerable to physical damage then I will change my vote and give the win to the E&M connection.

Etrigan is now massively more powerful than any of the other three. He is in the Lobo/Superman class in terms of strength and durablilty, and is super fast, telepathic, can fire energy blasts, can see the future, has enhanced senses like Wolverine, and has enhanced claws.

The weaker version of Shade will be getting to suffer some extreme blunt force trauma at his hands and Blade will be like a bug on a windshield.

My new vote is for the E&M connection
    For the record Shade is still hard to kill, just now he's on a level comparable to say Vandal Savage, except without the whole munching on descendants to keep his strength up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Blade kills vampires for fun and would take Morbius.

Etrigan would rip off Blades head, but Shade at night is not going to be stopped by Etrigan.

Sh-lade for me.

For the record Shade is still hard to kill, just now he's on a level comparable to say Vandal Savage, except without the whole munching on descendants to keep his strength up

Yeah no doubt he is still a tough sob even in his weakened form, but I think a full powered Etrigan can take a weakend Shade. If Shade is now on a level comparable to Vandal Savage, then I have to favour a Superman level being over a Vandal Savage level being.

Okay so we're talking someone who rivals the most powerful being in the DC universe and Blade -v- a Superman levelled being and Morbius? I think Blade would take down Morbius, so that leaves a two on one between Blade/Shade and Etrigan. If Shade can rival the most powerful being in the DC universe logic would suggest that he could take down a Superman levelled being in Etrigan. Blade serves as a handy distraction in order to compound an easyish win.

Shlade FTW

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yeah no doubt he is still a tough sob even in his weakened form, but I think a full powered Etrigan can take a weakend Shade. If Shade is now on a level comparable to Vandal Savage, then I have to favour a Superman level being over a Vandal Savage level being.
    I am however taking nothing away from his shadow powers, just making it so if someone lands a killshot he can die. Savage has been slammed through the guts with twin katana, pulled himself off then went looking for the people what did it to him. Killing Shade would require an immediately fatal strike

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Okay so we're talking someone who rivals the most powerful being in the DC universe and Blade -v- a Superman levelled being and Morbius? I think Blade would take down Morbius, so that leaves a two on one between Blade/Shade and Etrigan. If Shade can rival the most powerful being in the DC universe logic would suggest that he could take down a Superman levelled being in Etrigan. Blade serves as a handy distraction in order to compound an easyish win.

Shlade FTW

That was my logic too about Shade until I read the edit saying it was the powered down version of Shade, who is still pretty damn powerful in the DC universe, but is now at a power level below that of a Superman or Lobo, hence the change in my vote.

The confirmation from Cyber that the Shade in this comp is at a similar level to Savage, who is quite a bit below the Superman level, made it an easier choice to change my vote.

Alright alright, if Shade isn't as powerful as I originally thought, and actually is now a level below Superman in power then that changes things somewhat.

I still still think Blade will get the better of Morbius so it's still a two on one battle. However, Etrigan has the power that rivals Superman, is he powerful enough to take out two other powerful beings though? I'm not so sure. I think I'm gonna stick with Shlade.

Blade takes on Morbius.I think Morbius doesn't stand a chance. With his speed, agility, superhuman strength and skill as a swordsman and fighter, it's off with his head.
    Shade, although reduced in power to the extent he can be killed can call and control demons, build constructs out of darkness, channels the power of the Darklands. Even in a weakened state he is formidable. Etrigan is extremely powerful but don't think his magic can defeat Shade, who might be annoyed by the spitting of hellfire but hardly defeated. Shades magic makes it appear the Etrigan his doing some fancy parlor tricks. Etrigan is defeated by the power of the Darklands channeled by Shade.
    Blade and Shade got it made. (sorry:o)

Shlade advances. Final battle of Round 1 coming shortly

BATTLE 16

DEATHSTROKE & BLACK PANTHER
    0a0a8e15539eab486e85453dd9d82de0black%20panther.jpg

VS

ZAURIEL & GREEN GOBLIN
    Zauriel.jpgGGNew5.gif

Los-Angeles-night.jpg

Following his battle with a Sentinel robot Phil Urich used Daily Bugle files to blackmail the Tinkerer into repairing his goblin mask. he then moved to L.A. to establish himself as a hero without the stigma of the previous bearers of his alternate identity. While there he has become a friend to Zauriel who is teaching him what it means to be a hero. Black Panthr meanwhile has come to the city to investigate a series of thefts involving Wakandan technology. He has hired Slade Wilson(Deathstroke) to provide him with tactical support. While examining the latest crime scene he spots Phil on patrol. Assuming this is the criminal goblin he attacks. Zauriel swiftly comes to Phil's aid, while Deathstroke moves to assist his current employer.
    Yes, this is the 4th Green Goblin. Zauriel has his flaming sword, not Michael's Spear. This story takes place before he temporarily joined Shadowpact.

If it was Norman Osborn they might have stood a chance, but it's not.

Black Panther could take either of these two on his own and with the aid of Deathstroke the Terminator, the Goblin won't last long.

Then they'll just double team Zauriel and it's game, set and match to Deathstroke the Panther.

• Advertisement

Deathstroke has his armour made from promethium, and The Black Panther, pretty much all versions, have either vibranium weave or full vibranium in the body suits.

Both those metals will negate the sonic abilities of The Crappy Goblin and Zauriel.

Next up is fighting abilities.

The Crappy Goblin is average to poor in terms of his fighting skills when compared to the Marvel universe as a whole.

Zauriel is highly skilled at flying and as a swordsman, with good hand to hand skills.

Panther and Deathstroke are both very highly skilled at hand to hand combat in many styles and both are highly skilled with weapons.

I think Deathstroke or the Black Panther could win this one on their own, and as such with the two of them together things will go badly for Zauriel and the Crappy Goblin.

Easy win for the Death-Panther.

Zauriel was the mystic representative on the super powerful JLA of the late ninties/ noughties.

He'd handle them on his own.

Yeah I'd agree with Chopper on this one, Black Panter could take both of them while Deathstroke does some stroking. :pac:

Black-stroke FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm tired so I'll just agree with everything Kess says and go kapow - Black Stroke Wins!

I don't get the hype about this angel lad... I'm sure he's great in an organisation, stopping crime etc with his mystical blah blah, but in fighting terms he just doesn't have what it takes to beat top fighters in a straight fight. I'm just going on the wiki now, but there certainly isn't anything there that'd make me go wow.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm tired so I'll just agree with everything Kess says and go kapow - Black Stroke Wins!

I don't get the hype about this angel lad... I'm sure he's great in an organisation, stopping crime etc with his mystical blah blah, but in fighting terms he just doesn't have what it takes to beat top fighters in a straight fight. I'm just going on the wiki now, but there certainly isn't anything there that'd make me go wow.

...he has fighting experience since the dawn of time!

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

...he has fighting experience since the dawn of time!

SOLD!

I'm going with the Doom on this one.

The aerial duo to win.

If you can read this, you're too close!

4-2 Death-Panther

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I'm going to go with Black-Death, they look far cooler than their opponents.

I agree that the goblin is weak but he does have his goblin mask back so he still may have some stuff going for him, so maybe that will come as a surprise. And then we have Zauriel. An Angel. Been Fighting since the dawn of time, Senses good and evil flies, can survive underwater for long periods of time, and then there is the sword. I find the sword impressive.
    Deathstroke is a enhanced human and Black Panther while having some magic and stamina and strength is still human.
    I have to agree with koth and DooM.
    Zauriel and Goblin take the chief and his hired man out of this picture.

Zauriel and Green Goblin for the win.

• Advertisement

5-3 Death-Panther.

Death-Panther advance and complete the roster for Round 2. The remaining competitors are:
    1. Elongated Man
    2. Deathstroke
    3. Jason Voorhees
    4. Black Panther
    5. Spider-man
    6. Blade
    7. Jack Russell
    8. Shade
    9. Hellboy
    10. Sabretooth
    11. Darth Vader
    12. Wolverine
    13. Joker
    14. Jessica Jones
    15. Dracula
    16. Spider-Girl
    17. Xenomorph
    18. Black Knight
    19. Ghost Rider
    20. Bane
    21. Predator
    22. Gorilla-Man
    23. Vandal Savage
    24. Punisher
    25. Hawkman
    26. Daredevil
    27. Angel
    28. Swamp Thing
    29. Brother Voodoo
    30. Cassidy
    31. Beast
    32. Buffy
    HERE COMES INTERMISSION 1

INTERMISSION
    FORCES OF RIGHT
    optimusprime.jpg84475-51976-lion-o_large.jpg1544494633.jpg
    OPTIMUS PRIME,LION-O,IRON MAN

VS

THE FORCES OF EVIL
    Megatron.jpgmumm-ra.jpgTitaniumMan2.jpg

MEGATRON,MUMM-RA, TITANIUM MAN

TATOOINE
    Tatooine_big.jpg
    Three champions of good have been called to battle their evil opposite numbers on a strange desert world. Why, all in the name of a game for the Elder of the Universe known as The Grandmaster
    This fight will be up all weekend. No, it is not part of the regular tournament. Prime, he has The Matrix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

This is a tight battle. Titanium man and Iron man balance each other out. I think Mumm-ra knicks it off Lion O but the big thing forces of right have in this battle is the versatility of optimus prime. This will prove too much for the forces of evil.

Forces of right takes it

Team Iron OptiLion for the win.

I think Michael Bay just wet himself. :pac:

I don't see Megatron and Titanium putting up too much of a major headache for their old foes in Optimus and Iron Man. That sword of Lion-O's seems like it's very powerful as well.

So the forces of good FTW

• Advertisement

Which Optimus Prime is it?

The picture you've used is regular G1 Optimus Prime and the link goes to a picture of Powermaster Optimus Prime.

Which Optimus Prime is it?

The picture you've used is regular G1 Optimus Prime and the link goes to a picture of Powermaster Optimus Prime.
    Take your pick dude.

The side of good must surely take this...

I always fancy OP over Megatron, though I don't really know my Transformers that well (past the classic cartoons). Lion-O will be hard pressed with Mumm-Ra, for a time, but Mumm-Ra wastes stupid amounts of energy to keep himself going at full tilt, so I reckon Lion-O will eventually have the win, what with the sight-beyond-sight and the general THUNDERCATS HOOOOooooooo! :)

And sure Ironman is top notch and constantly comes up with new gadgets to beat his enemies, no way Titanium chap will be a surprise for the man of Iron.

Power Master Prime shicks the kit out of Megatron and then stands on the other two.

As twilight falls and night enters on Tatooine six imposing silhouettes line up along the horizon. Prime blasts Megatron into Space knocking him out of this competion, Lion-O slashes the head off Mumm-Ra, leaving his blood to stain the Tatoolne sands. Iron Man, with a mighty rush. kicks Titanium Man into a bucket of bolts and spare parts.
    The three conquerors slowly slip into the coming darkness.

Know that once again RIGHT has triumphed over EVIL.;)

• Advertisement

ROUND 2

BATTLE 1

BLADE & JASON VOORHEES
    250px-JV.jpgwesley-snipes.jpg

VS

SABRETOOTH & BANE
    240484.jpgBane-batman-7224519-592-900.jpg

manhattan_at_night1228358029.jpg

Blade has forged an unholy bond with Jason to help him in his quest to destroy all vampires on Earth. Unfortunately for them an elder vampire has hired two very dangerous men to remove them from the playing field.

Sabretooth and Bane should have too much of everything for Blade and Jason.

Speed, power, experience, intelligence, and tactical ability, and with Bane possibly being more intelligent and tactically sounder than Batman, it all adds up top a spirited but futile attempt by the BJ express:)

Sabre-Bane for the win.

Cool Bane pic btw.

Can't look past Bane and Sabretooth. You've got the near unrivalled strength and speed as well as the tactical ability in Bane. Sabretooth also has his form of speed and strangth, not to mention being hard to kill like Wolverine I think?

I think Bane will rip Jason limb from limb while Sabretooth keeps Blade busy. Then once he's finished playing with Jason Bane will sneak up behind Blade and squeeze the life out of him.

Sabre-Bane FTW

Sabane are just to powerful and smart for Blason.

Many thought Bane was a dumb brute until told otherwise and I think many have the same misconceptions about Sabretooth. He is a very intelligent and merciless killer.

There is just no way Blade and Jason are taking this one.

Sabre-Bane

Jason is a cold blooded killer. A killing machine. He's pretty much impossible for your average joe to kill, just look at all the things he comes back from.

Blade is quick and has a good tactical know-how, he's taken on multiple vamps before and often taken on foes stronger than himself.

But... you've got Sabretooth who will smell them both coming a mile away. Sabretooth who was formerly a secret operative, can do the James Bond stuff as handily as the animalistic stuff and is quite the tactician in his own right. With his senses they'll know exactly where the other two are. Jason likes to appear out of the shadows and cut you with a knife, but that ain't gonna work with Sabretooth, not only will he not get the chance, but Sabretooth's healing is nearly up there with Wolverine's, so he's very hard to kill.
    Sabretooth and Bane are fast and strong. Jason is slow. Either of them could go toe-to-toe with the killer - who usually picks on scared inferior opponents - and destroy him.

Blade is fast, but isn't fast enough, nor is he near the other two in regards to strength.

Blade won't be able to control Jason, so I see them getting split up. Being the tacticians they are, the Sabre-Bane will know that Jason is a weak link that should be exploited, rather than ignoring him until he becomes a problem.

I see Sabretooth engaging Blade while Bane destroys Jason. Then Bane will join up on Sabretooth and decimate Blade.

Banetooth winner!

5-0 Bane-Tooth

Jason is a little out of his element in Manhattan, Sabretooth shreds him to bits. Slivered have a hard time rejoining - if they can it will take time. Perhaps this time Jason actually stays dead. Mean while Blade is just a step behind Bane, and that's too bad cause I like Blade. In the end just don't see Blade getting the better of Bane and if needed Sabretooth can pitch in at the finish.

Sabretooth and Bane - WIN.

Sabre-Bane advance. Next match on the way.

BATTLE 2

VANDAL SAVAGE & BLACK KNIGHT
    savage.jpgblackknight.jpg

VS

BUFFY & BEAST
    buffy_stab.jpg76473-126666-beast_super.jpg

2487598847_8a66238cb5.jpg

Still seeking a cure for his curse Dane Whitman has allied with a man who claims to remember the first bearer of the Ebony Blade. They have come to Rome to acquire what Savage claims are artifacts that can be used to remove the curse. Unfortunately for them others are looking for the same things and they know their true purpose.

Notes:
    1. Whitman does not have Pendragon equipment or gann josin bond, only The Ebony Blade
    2. Buffy brought the scythe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement