Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ok the earlier version of the Black Knight comes without enhanced powers, but had the fighting skills to match both Wolverine and Captain America. So on that score he should be able to take on either Buffy or the Beast is a fight.

The earlier version of the Black Knight was also cursed, and just touching him would cause the curse to draw the blood of the person touching him.

He is also an excellent tactician and a scientist who is meant to be on par with the Beast in the Marvel universe.

Oh course their is the small matter of the Ebony blade also.

Then we have his partner, Vandal Savage. Immortal, superhuman physical attributes, hugely intelligent, a tactical genius and probable the most experienced fighter on the planet with a knowledge and mastery of almost every fighting style over the last 30,000 to 57,000 years.

Nope Buffy and the Beast ain't winning this one. They may get to take the Black Knight down at some cost to themselves, but Vandal Savage is in a different league to either of them, and would be more than capable of dispatching them even if they took him on in a 2 on 1 fight.

Savage-Knight for the win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Since there is exactly one vote and the time limit is up in an hour I am extending voting time 12 hours.

Since there is exactly one vote and the time limit is up in an hour I am extending voting time 12 hours.

I'm still the only vote?

Most unlike this tourno to go so many daytime hours with only one vote.

Come on peeps, get this thing going again.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Kess73 wrote: »
    I'm still the only vote?

Most unlike this tourno to go so many daytime hours with only one vote.

Come on peeps, get this thing going again.:)
    You telling me. This keeps up and you will decide this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok the earlier version of the Black Knight comes without enhanced powers, but had the fighting skills to match both Wolverine and Captain America. So on that score he should be able to take on either Buffy or the Beast is a fight.

The earlier version of the Black Knight was also cursed, and just touching him would cause the curse to draw the blood of the person touching him.

He is also an excellent tactician and a scientist who is meant to be on par with the Beast in the Marvel universe.

Oh course their is the small matter of the Ebony blade also.

Then we have his partner, Vandal Savage. Immortal, superhuman physical attributes, hugely intelligent, a tactical genius and probable the most experienced fighter on the planet with a knowledge and mastery of almost every fighting style over the last 30,000 to 57,000 years.

Nope Buffy and the Beast ain't winning this one. They may get to take the Black Knight down at some cost to themselves, but Vandal Savage is in a different league to either of them, and would be more than capable of dispatching them even if they took him on in a 2 on 1 fight.

Savage-Knight for the win.
    You are absolutely right. But Buffy wins.

Couldn't argue with you on any of those points. But Buffy still wins.

Buffy always wins, in my book! ;)

We have a 1-1 tie now. This fight is anyone's game now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

The mystical scythe, uniting all the slayers of the past, cloaks itself mystically to remain unknown to Savage. Working in tandem, Beast and Buffy attack. Beast from the front, in a mighty charge,as Buffy steps from the darkness to throw the scythe, spinning, to slice Savage's head from his shoulders, just as Beast, with excellent timing drives Savage's body backward separating the two. He smashes the decapitated head to a pulp. Black Knight realizing late, the flow of events, leaps to defend himself wielding the ebony blade. He is now double teamed and the scythe and blade to some degree cancel each other out. Beast takes Black knight down and Buffy's scythe takes his life.

Buffy and Beast WIN! YAY!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jesus I almost forgot! :eek: :o

So Vandal Savage is immortal eh? I've heard plenty of villains claim that before. The Judge claimed no weapon could kill him but Buffy quickly showed him otherwise. ;) Buffy is gonna use the scythe to chop Vandal into tiny little pieces, which will be scattered across the earth in due time.

Black Knight? No great shakes tbh. Expert Swordsman? Yeah well, Buffy's an expert with the scythe. Beast distracts BK while Buffy chops him in half.

Buffy & Beast FTW

Buffy and Beast win in a closely contested battle. next battle cominjg soon.

• Advertisement

BATTLE 3

JOKER & BROTHER VOODOO

98330-joker.jpgbrothervoodoo.gif

VS

PUNISHER(MAX) & JACK RUSSELL

punisher_max_vol_2_medium.jpgcover-large.jpg

8_400x440.jpg

Following the death of his old comrade-in-arms Yorkie Mitchell, Frank Castle has come to London to pay his respects. He also plans on a little hunting while there. Upon arrival he is accosted by a stranger who knows his name and requests his help. After arming up they head off in pursuit of Brother Voodoo who has been decieved into helping Joker into improving his Joker Venom.

I think the Punisher and Jack Russell will be too much for their foes here. Frank Castle isn't Bruce Wayne; he won't be throwing Joker to the proper authorities where hell escape for the bazillionth time, he'll just kill him.

So it's pretty much a straight 2 on 1. I can't see Brother Vodoo having enough to stave off a two pronged attack from Castle and Russell.

Frank 'n' Jack FTW

Hmmm tough one if one is to stick to the characters and their powers.

Brother Voodoo I have never liked, but he is the Sorcerer Supreme in the marvel universe having taken that title and all the powers and artifacts like the Eye of Agamotto that Dr Strange had, have been added to Voodoo, making him the most powerful mystical being in the whole Marvel universe. So given his power level, he should be well able to take out Jack Russell and Frank Castle before they can even come within the city limits.

But I just don't like him and I like the Punisher, so Frank takes out Joker easily, and then allows Jack Russell to become canon fodder against Voodoo, especially as Russell's biggest weakness is against things magical, in order to get a clean headshot.

Frank N' Jack.

Hmmm tough one if one is to stick to the characters and their powers.

Brother Voodoo I have never liked, but he is the Sorcerer Supreme in the marvel universe having taken that title and all the powers and artifacts like the Eye of Agamotto that Dr Strange had, have been added to Voodoo, making him the most powerful mystical being in the whole Marvel universe. So given his power level, he should be well able to take out Jack Russell and Frank Castle before they can even come within the city limits.

But I just don't like him and I like the Punisher, so Frank takes out Joker easily, and then allows Jack Russell to become canon fodder against Voodoo in order to get a clean headshot.

Frank N' Jack.
    Technically, Voodoo is still in training as Sorcerer Supreme. He may not be as capable of deflecting a furry cuisinart and a long-range bullet he doesn't even hear until his brains are on the floor. No this is not me voting.:( I abstain from voting.

Technically, Voodoo is still in training as Sorcerer Supreme. He may not be as capable of deflecting a furry cuisinart and a long-range bullet he doesn't even hear until his brains are on the floor. No this is not me voting.:( I abstain from voting.

Nope he is not in training anymore, in the comic he has been appointed as the Sorcerer Supreme with the Eye Of Agamotto revealing him to be the real deal and has been given the book of knowledge etc.

Not that it matters a jot to my vote, I went with the Punisher putting a bullet in his head anyway.:D

He and Jack Russell do have a history though, and his magics before they became as powerful as now were able to possess Russell.

I didn't even know he'd been bumped up like that actually. I just needed a magic guy and didn't want to use Dr. Strange.

• Advertisement

Joker is unpredictable, he doesn't know what he's going to do from one moment to the next. Doesn't help VooDoo much. Punisher takes out Joker Then it's two on one against Brother VooDoo. Powerful as he is I think Voodoo goes down - win to Punisher and Jack Russell:)

Castle-Wolf slide through for the victory. Next battle coming up

BATTLE 5

SPIDER-GIRL & GORILLA-MAN
    spidergirl.jpg631878-gmpage_large.jpg

VS

GHOST RIDER & DRACULA
    ghost-rider-2.jpgCount_Dracula.jpg

BERLIN
    berlin%20night.jpg

Gorilla-man has convinced the time-traveling Spider-Girl to accompany him to Berlin to investigate a rogue operation of the Atlas organization. The operation however has been usurped by Dracula and his mystically-bound bodyguard Ghost Rider. They do not like guests.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dear lord.

Ghracula take this one.

Easy

Dear lord.

Ghracula take this one.

Easy
    I did say it was a walkover, did I not?

• Advertisement

Dracula hypotizes Spider-Girl, has his way with her. Gorilla Man goes to make to save only to be tripped up by Ghost Rider. Dracula impales Gorilla Man onto a large stake Spider-Girl was carrying.

Ghracula for the win.

Ghracula. No fight at all.

• Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

spider-girl gets the drop on dracula and encases him in an airtight cocoon made from her webbing.

She and gorilla-man then take turns beating up ghost rider with the encased vampire as their weapon of choice :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

3-1 Ghracula.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Ghracula go on a Club Med holiday together instead of turning up. They still manage to win.

Gorilla Man is immortal, Spider Girl is in many areas greater than her father, Ghost Rider is mystical with an accusatory stare, and Drac is a shape-shifting, blood-sucking prince of darkness, so this is my take:)

Spider Girl doesn't have to see Dracula, she knows he's coming. Her super senses even allow her knowledge of which direction he's arriving.Quickly encasing his human form in webs she slams him into the wall of the Brandenburg gate, sticking him there. Dracula attempts to shape-shift into a bat, but finds himself still entwined in the webs, so shifts back to human form. Spider Girl drags the struggling vampire to the top of the gate to the Quadriga. He is aghast to see the cross atop the staff of that angel. He is weakened greatly.
    Spider Girl borrows the staff. In a mighty effort she sends it swinging on a path to Dracula's head, neatly separating it from his shoulders. His headless body falls, still wrapped in webbing, to be impaled on a wooden spear the Gorilla Man was using in hand to hand combat with the Ghost Rider. Careful not to make eye contact, Gorilla Man tosses spear and body at Ghost Rider's head. Quickly he follows in to rip Ghost rider's head off.
    So that's how Spider Girl and Gorilla Man win the day. ;)

4-2 Ghracula

Ghracula win. Next up:

BATTLE 5

DARTH VADER & SPIDER-MAN
    darth-vader-costume.jpgspiderman+comic.jpg

VS

WOLVERINE & SHADE
    shade.pngMarvelwolverine.jpg

SanDiego3.jpg
    Peter Parker has been sent to San diego to cover a science fiction convention. While there he meets a traveler from a distant past and galaxy. Vader requests help returning to his time and can sense someone nearby with the potential to generate a way home for him. Meanwhile The Shade has realized someone is hunting him. In the wake of the Blackest Night his ability to resist damage has been greatly reduced. He starts casting about and locates an old acquaintance who owes him a favor. All Wolverine knows is that the guy following Spidey around just seems wrong, and must have some form of control over him.

READ THIS BEFORE VOTING:

SHADE CAN HEAL AT THE SAME LEVEL AS WOLVERINE FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS BATTLE. HIS SHADOW POWERS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
    THIS MATCH WILL REMAIN UP UNTIL MONDAY MORNING. YES PEOPLE, YOU GET EXTRA VOTING TIME THIS MATCH

Hmm Spidey beats Wolverine, don't think there is any doubt there, with even Wolverine admitting it himself a number of times in the comics that he would not be able to beat Spidey.

Vader versus Shade is more interesting. Even using the most recent version of Shade which I think is the weakened version after the Blackest Night in which his heart was literally ripped out, he is still awfully powerful offensively, and with his shadow powers not affected as stated by Cyberwolf, then his attacking powers could make even the likes of Galactus look weak whilst being able to heal on par with Wolverine.

Vader himself is no slouch, but his robotic arms prevent him from tapping into the full power of the force as it would kill him, plus he is listed in that wiki page with having his maximum power level as being that of 8/10ths of what the Emperor has.

I think Wolverine gets lucky here. He gets a beating from Spidey, but Shade engages Vader by using his powers to isolate Vader in a prison dimension, and by being in a different dimension Vader cannot get at him with the Force. Shade then just causes the dimension to cease with Vader still inside it.

With Vader gone Spidey is back to normal. He makes some quip about Wolverine looking like hell and webslings home.

WolverAde for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Think Spidy and Vader have too much for the other two.

DarthMan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Spidey and Vader.

Vader beats Wolverine, and Spidey to defeat Shade.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Darth Vader begins to choke the life out of both Wolverine and Shade, however, their healing powers gives them a bit longer before they are choked to death. Spidey is glued to a wall looking on casually, under the assumption that Vader will choke the last remaining breath of their foes at any second, so he's not taking the fact seriously that Wolverine is inching ever closer to Vader. Wolverine finally reachs a bemused Vader and decapitates his head. Spidey is on his own now.

Shade summons a few demons to distract Spidey while Wolverine gets the jump on him, impaling him with his claws.

WolverShade FTW

W have a 2-2 tie going here. How will it end.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ooooh this is a toughy.

Shall have to have a thinky thinkerson.

W have a 2-2 tie going here. How will it end.

That's easy.

Mikey Dolenz and Koth VS LZ5by5 and Kess73 :D

Only possible result is a dominating win for the L&K connection.;)

That's easy.

Mikey Dolenz and Koth VS LZ5by5 and Kess73 :D

Only possible result is a dominating win for the L&K connection.;)

Bring it :cool:

Bring it :cool:

KESS SMASH PUNY HUMAN. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Shade is the deciding factor in this one. Spidey beats Wolverine, but neither Spidey or Vader are a match for Shade.

Shaderine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Right, here's how I see it...

They go toe-to-toe as everyone else is suggesting. It's logical that Spidey goes for Wolverine and the other two go at it.

Spidey takes out Wolverine first. Wolverine just can't land a hit on Spider-man, he's too fast and his Spider senses keep him away from the effects of Wolverine's superior fighting skills and experience. Spider-man attacks from a distance and manages after a few attempts to immobilize Wolvie. He then lands some heavy hits, enough to incapacitate Wolverine.

Meanwhile Vader is trying his best with Shade, but they both have tricks up their sleeves, and Shade's tricks are superior. Vader can't get near him with the aul sabre, Shade is evading him and attacking him with shadows. Spider-man comes along, thinking he can get the drop on Shade. Shade manages to keep both of them busy with his powers.

With both of them busy with Shade, nobody notices Wolverine getting back into the fight sooner than expected. He gets the jump on Vader, claws taking the Sithy boy apart, Spider-man tries to come to the rescue, gets in too close and it's a toss-up between who kills him first, the suddenly too-close-for-comfort Wolverine or the deviously powerful Shade. Focusing on Wolvie, tis Shade that manages to make Spider-man disappear, using powers that no spidey-sense could avoid.

Wolverine und Shade für zeeee vin!

• Advertisement

Wolverade lead 4-2

Wolverine underestimated himself, or possibly the controlling Vader has slowed Spiderman down a bit. He takes Spiderman out of action, then Shade and Wolverine take on Vader. Wolverine slashes the sword right out of Vader's arm, maybe taking the hand with it.

Wolverine and Shade win.

Wolerade advance to Round 3.

BATTLE 6

HAWKMAN & DAREDEVIL
    hawkman.jpgdaredevil98-final01.jpg

VS

JESSICA JONES & ANGEL
    7580__x440_iamanavenger_newavengers_03_0.jpgangel.jpg

29365745.ForpBaseCincyatNight2313.jpg

Jessica Jones is intown for a private investigator's convention. While wandering the exhibit hall she is approached by a broody fellow who requests her help. Like her he tries to help people, unfortunately his less than desirable past has set two heroes on his trail. One still remembers him as a soulless monster and the other fears his potential to fall back into the darkness.

THIS BATTLE TAKES PLACE BEFORE ANGEL GAINED HIS POWERS AS TWILIGHT, AND HE DOES NOT REGENERATE LIMBS

Jessica Jones and Hawkman battle it out in the sky while DD and Angel play a game of hide & seek on the rooftops. The problem for DD is that I don't think his heightened sense of smell (all 4 senses are heightened right?) will work, I'm not sure if Vampires smell? :pac: I'm going to assume they don't, so while Angel hides in the shadows DD has nothing to pursue. So while DD is standing idly by watching the battle in the sky (radar sight FTW), Angel gets the drop on him and kills him.

Hawkman sees what just happened and is distracted, which allows Jessica to strike the fatal blow.

Jessica & Angel FTW

Yep, all DD's remaining senses are heightened. That and his radar sense tells him where objects are(including non-breathing vampires whjo would be moving or seem like a very funky chimney)

• Advertisement

My gut instinct when I saw the pairings was to go with the Jones/Angel combo.

My logic was that the Angel that was around just before he gained the Twilight version powers would be able to beat DD, despite me loving the character of DD.

I then figured that Hawkman would be able for Jones, but that Angel would beat Hawkman.

The only thing that was throwing me off a bit is the fact that Hawkman has beaten Superman in the past. Actually he was able to knock Superman out cold with one punch when equipped with the The Claw of Horus. The claw allows hits user to use the power of the gravitational field of the whole planet as an offensive weapon, and Hawkman has had it for some time now.

Then I got to thinking that Hawkman is a Batman level strategist and thanks to reincarnation has far more experience and fighting skills than Angel has, despite Angel's age.

So I have to give the win to the guy who beat Superman with one punch.

Devil - Hawk for the win.

My gut instinct when I saw the pairings was to go with the Jones/Angel combo.

My logic was that the Angel that was around just before he gained the Twilight version powers would be able to beat DD, despite me loving the character of DD.

I then figured that Hawkman would be able for Jones, but that Angel would beat Hawkman.

Could not have put it better myself.

Angel and Jess take it for me. :P

Jessica and Hawkman engage in aerial battle over Fountain Square in middle Cincinnati. THe battle proves to be lengthy because both combatants have enhanced levels of strength. As the battle it out Angel takes out Dare Devil on the ground using a broadsword. Having taken out Dare Devil he throws the broadsword high striking Hawkman in the neck. Hawkman plummets to the square and blood flows into the streets. The damage is too great and he lies dead in a pool of his blood.

Jessica and Angel win.

Jessica-Angel ahead 3-1

Jessica-Angel advance. Next competitors to the field please:

Slade Wilson has found himself hiding out in the abandoned town of Centralia, PA following a failed assignment. Upon his arrival he is greeted by SwampThing who offers him safe passage out of town if he helps remove the two individuals who have arrived in town hunting the plant elemental. Hellboy meanwhile has found himself with an unlikely partner in pursuit of what he believes to be a rogue agent that is being tracked by the B.P.R.D. His partner was waiting for a ride home, but elected to come along after offered a chance to hunt a truly unique prey animal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement