Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Death-Panther advance and complete the roster for Round 2. The remaining competitors are:
    1. Elongated Man
    2. Deathstroke
    3. Jason Voorhees
    4. Black Panther
    5. Spider-man
    6. Blade
    7. Jack Russell
    8. Shade
    9. Hellboy
    10. Sabretooth
    11. Darth Vader
    12. Wolverine
    13. Joker
    14. Jessica Jones
    15. Dracula
    16. Spider-Girl
    17. Xenomorph
    18. Black Knight
    19. Ghost Rider
    20. Bane
    21. Predator
    22. Gorilla-Man
    23. Vandal Savage
    24. Punisher
    25. Hawkman
    26. Daredevil
    27. Angel
    28. Swamp Thing
    29. Brother Voodoo
    30. Cassidy
    31. Beast
    32. Buffy
    HERE COMES INTERMISSION 1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

INTERMISSION
    FORCES OF RIGHT
    optimusprime.jpg84475-51976-lion-o_large.jpg1544494633.jpg
    OPTIMUS PRIME,LION-O,IRON MAN

VS

THE FORCES OF EVIL
    Megatron.jpgmumm-ra.jpgTitaniumMan2.jpg

MEGATRON,MUMM-RA, TITANIUM MAN

TATOOINE
    Tatooine_big.jpg
    Three champions of good have been called to battle their evil opposite numbers on a strange desert world. Why, all in the name of a game for the Elder of the Universe known as The Grandmaster
    This fight will be up all weekend. No, it is not part of the regular tournament. Prime, he has The Matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

This is a tight battle. Titanium man and Iron man balance each other out. I think Mumm-ra knicks it off Lion O but the big thing forces of right have in this battle is the versatility of optimus prime. This will prove too much for the forces of evil.

Forces of right takes it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Team Iron OptiLion for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I think Michael Bay just wet himself. :pac:

I don't see Megatron and Titanium putting up too much of a major headache for their old foes in Optimus and Iron Man. That sword of Lion-O's seems like it's very powerful as well.

So the forces of good FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Which Optimus Prime is it?

The picture you've used is regular G1 Optimus Prime and the link goes to a picture of Powermaster Optimus Prime.

Which Optimus Prime is it?

The picture you've used is regular G1 Optimus Prime and the link goes to a picture of Powermaster Optimus Prime.
    Take your pick dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

The side of good must surely take this...

I always fancy OP over Megatron, though I don't really know my Transformers that well (past the classic cartoons). Lion-O will be hard pressed with Mumm-Ra, for a time, but Mumm-Ra wastes stupid amounts of energy to keep himself going at full tilt, so I reckon Lion-O will eventually have the win, what with the sight-beyond-sight and the general THUNDERCATS HOOOOooooooo! :)

And sure Ironman is top notch and constantly comes up with new gadgets to beat his enemies, no way Titanium chap will be a surprise for the man of Iron.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Power Master Prime shicks the kit out of Megatron and then stands on the other two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

As twilight falls and night enters on Tatooine six imposing silhouettes line up along the horizon. Prime blasts Megatron into Space knocking him out of this competion, Lion-O slashes the head off Mumm-Ra, leaving his blood to stain the Tatoolne sands. Iron Man, with a mighty rush. kicks Titanium Man into a bucket of bolts and spare parts.
    The three conquerors slowly slip into the coming darkness.

Know that once again RIGHT has triumphed over EVIL.;)

• Advertisement

ROUND 2

BATTLE 1

BLADE & JASON VOORHEES
    250px-JV.jpgwesley-snipes.jpg

VS

SABRETOOTH & BANE
    240484.jpgBane-batman-7224519-592-900.jpg

manhattan_at_night1228358029.jpg

Blade has forged an unholy bond with Jason to help him in his quest to destroy all vampires on Earth. Unfortunately for them an elder vampire has hired two very dangerous men to remove them from the playing field.

Sabretooth and Bane should have too much of everything for Blade and Jason.

Speed, power, experience, intelligence, and tactical ability, and with Bane possibly being more intelligent and tactically sounder than Batman, it all adds up top a spirited but futile attempt by the BJ express:)

Sabre-Bane for the win.

Cool Bane pic btw.

Can't look past Bane and Sabretooth. You've got the near unrivalled strength and speed as well as the tactical ability in Bane. Sabretooth also has his form of speed and strangth, not to mention being hard to kill like Wolverine I think?

I think Bane will rip Jason limb from limb while Sabretooth keeps Blade busy. Then once he's finished playing with Jason Bane will sneak up behind Blade and squeeze the life out of him.

Sabre-Bane FTW

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sabane are just to powerful and smart for Blason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Many thought Bane was a dumb brute until told otherwise and I think many have the same misconceptions about Sabretooth. He is a very intelligent and merciless killer.

There is just no way Blade and Jason are taking this one.

Sabre-Bane

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Jason is a cold blooded killer. A killing machine. He's pretty much impossible for your average joe to kill, just look at all the things he comes back from.

Blade is quick and has a good tactical know-how, he's taken on multiple vamps before and often taken on foes stronger than himself.

But... you've got Sabretooth who will smell them both coming a mile away. Sabretooth who was formerly a secret operative, can do the James Bond stuff as handily as the animalistic stuff and is quite the tactician in his own right. With his senses they'll know exactly where the other two are. Jason likes to appear out of the shadows and cut you with a knife, but that ain't gonna work with Sabretooth, not only will he not get the chance, but Sabretooth's healing is nearly up there with Wolverine's, so he's very hard to kill.
    Sabretooth and Bane are fast and strong. Jason is slow. Either of them could go toe-to-toe with the killer - who usually picks on scared inferior opponents - and destroy him.

Blade is fast, but isn't fast enough, nor is he near the other two in regards to strength.

Blade won't be able to control Jason, so I see them getting split up. Being the tacticians they are, the Sabre-Bane will know that Jason is a weak link that should be exploited, rather than ignoring him until he becomes a problem.

I see Sabretooth engaging Blade while Bane destroys Jason. Then Bane will join up on Sabretooth and decimate Blade.

Banetooth winner!

5-0 Bane-Tooth

Jason is a little out of his element in Manhattan, Sabretooth shreds him to bits. Slivered have a hard time rejoining - if they can it will take time. Perhaps this time Jason actually stays dead. Mean while Blade is just a step behind Bane, and that's too bad cause I like Blade. In the end just don't see Blade getting the better of Bane and if needed Sabretooth can pitch in at the finish.

Sabretooth and Bane - WIN.

Sabre-Bane advance. Next match on the way.

BATTLE 2

VANDAL SAVAGE & BLACK KNIGHT
    savage.jpgblackknight.jpg

VS

BUFFY & BEAST
    buffy_stab.jpg76473-126666-beast_super.jpg

2487598847_8a66238cb5.jpg

Still seeking a cure for his curse Dane Whitman has allied with a man who claims to remember the first bearer of the Ebony Blade. They have come to Rome to acquire what Savage claims are artifacts that can be used to remove the curse. Unfortunately for them others are looking for the same things and they know their true purpose.

Notes:
    1. Whitman does not have Pendragon equipment or gann josin bond, only The Ebony Blade
    2. Buffy brought the scythe.

• Advertisement

Ok the earlier version of the Black Knight comes without enhanced powers, but had the fighting skills to match both Wolverine and Captain America. So on that score he should be able to take on either Buffy or the Beast is a fight.

The earlier version of the Black Knight was also cursed, and just touching him would cause the curse to draw the blood of the person touching him.

He is also an excellent tactician and a scientist who is meant to be on par with the Beast in the Marvel universe.

Oh course their is the small matter of the Ebony blade also.

Then we have his partner, Vandal Savage. Immortal, superhuman physical attributes, hugely intelligent, a tactical genius and probable the most experienced fighter on the planet with a knowledge and mastery of almost every fighting style over the last 30,000 to 57,000 years.

Nope Buffy and the Beast ain't winning this one. They may get to take the Black Knight down at some cost to themselves, but Vandal Savage is in a different league to either of them, and would be more than capable of dispatching them even if they took him on in a 2 on 1 fight.

Savage-Knight for the win.

Since there is exactly one vote and the time limit is up in an hour I am extending voting time 12 hours.

Since there is exactly one vote and the time limit is up in an hour I am extending voting time 12 hours.

I'm still the only vote?

Most unlike this tourno to go so many daytime hours with only one vote.

Come on peeps, get this thing going again.:)

Kess73 wrote: »
    I'm still the only vote?

Most unlike this tourno to go so many daytime hours with only one vote.

Come on peeps, get this thing going again.:)
    You telling me. This keeps up and you will decide this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Kess73 wrote: »
    Ok the earlier version of the Black Knight comes without enhanced powers, but had the fighting skills to match both Wolverine and Captain America. So on that score he should be able to take on either Buffy or the Beast is a fight.

The earlier version of the Black Knight was also cursed, and just touching him would cause the curse to draw the blood of the person touching him.

He is also an excellent tactician and a scientist who is meant to be on par with the Beast in the Marvel universe.

Oh course their is the small matter of the Ebony blade also.

Then we have his partner, Vandal Savage. Immortal, superhuman physical attributes, hugely intelligent, a tactical genius and probable the most experienced fighter on the planet with a knowledge and mastery of almost every fighting style over the last 30,000 to 57,000 years.

Nope Buffy and the Beast ain't winning this one. They may get to take the Black Knight down at some cost to themselves, but Vandal Savage is in a different league to either of them, and would be more than capable of dispatching them even if they took him on in a 2 on 1 fight.

Savage-Knight for the win.
    You are absolutely right. But Buffy wins.

Couldn't argue with you on any of those points. But Buffy still wins.

Buffy always wins, in my book! ;)

We have a 1-1 tie now. This fight is anyone's game now!

The mystical scythe, uniting all the slayers of the past, cloaks itself mystically to remain unknown to Savage. Working in tandem, Beast and Buffy attack. Beast from the front, in a mighty charge,as Buffy steps from the darkness to throw the scythe, spinning, to slice Savage's head from his shoulders, just as Beast, with excellent timing drives Savage's body backward separating the two. He smashes the decapitated head to a pulp. Black Knight realizing late, the flow of events, leaps to defend himself wielding the ebony blade. He is now double teamed and the scythe and blade to some degree cancel each other out. Beast takes Black knight down and Buffy's scythe takes his life.

Buffy and Beast WIN! YAY!:pac:

Jesus I almost forgot! :eek: :o

So Vandal Savage is immortal eh? I've heard plenty of villains claim that before. The Judge claimed no weapon could kill him but Buffy quickly showed him otherwise. ;) Buffy is gonna use the scythe to chop Vandal into tiny little pieces, which will be scattered across the earth in due time.

Black Knight? No great shakes tbh. Expert Swordsman? Yeah well, Buffy's an expert with the scythe. Beast distracts BK while Buffy chops him in half.

Buffy & Beast FTW

Buffy and Beast win in a closely contested battle. next battle cominjg soon.

• Advertisement

BATTLE 3

JOKER & BROTHER VOODOO

98330-joker.jpgbrothervoodoo.gif

VS

PUNISHER(MAX) & JACK RUSSELL

punisher_max_vol_2_medium.jpgcover-large.jpg

8_400x440.jpg

Following the death of his old comrade-in-arms Yorkie Mitchell, Frank Castle has come to London to pay his respects. He also plans on a little hunting while there. Upon arrival he is accosted by a stranger who knows his name and requests his help. After arming up they head off in pursuit of Brother Voodoo who has been decieved into helping Joker into improving his Joker Venom.

Advertisement