Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Tournament.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Wolverine underestimated himself, or possibly the controlling Vader has slowed Spiderman down a bit. He takes Spiderman out of action, then Shade and Wolverine take on Vader. Wolverine slashes the sword right out of Vader's arm, maybe taking the hand with it.

Wolverine and Shade win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Wolerade advance to Round 3.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

BATTLE 6

HAWKMAN & DAREDEVIL
    hawkman.jpgdaredevil98-final01.jpg

VS

JESSICA JONES & ANGEL
    7580__x440_iamanavenger_newavengers_03_0.jpgangel.jpg

29365745.ForpBaseCincyatNight2313.jpg

Jessica Jones is intown for a private investigator's convention. While wandering the exhibit hall she is approached by a broody fellow who requests her help. Like her he tries to help people, unfortunately his less than desirable past has set two heroes on his trail. One still remembers him as a soulless monster and the other fears his potential to fall back into the darkness.

THIS BATTLE TAKES PLACE BEFORE ANGEL GAINED HIS POWERS AS TWILIGHT, AND HE DOES NOT REGENERATE LIMBS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Jessica Jones and Hawkman battle it out in the sky while DD and Angel play a game of hide & seek on the rooftops. The problem for DD is that I don't think his heightened sense of smell (all 4 senses are heightened right?) will work, I'm not sure if Vampires smell? :pac: I'm going to assume they don't, so while Angel hides in the shadows DD has nothing to pursue. So while DD is standing idly by watching the battle in the sky (radar sight FTW), Angel gets the drop on him and kills him.

Hawkman sees what just happened and is distracted, which allows Jessica to strike the fatal blow.

Jessica & Angel FTW

Yep, all DD's remaining senses are heightened. That and his radar sense tells him where objects are(including non-breathing vampires whjo would be moving or seem like a very funky chimney)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

My gut instinct when I saw the pairings was to go with the Jones/Angel combo.

My logic was that the Angel that was around just before he gained the Twilight version powers would be able to beat DD, despite me loving the character of DD.

I then figured that Hawkman would be able for Jones, but that Angel would beat Hawkman.

The only thing that was throwing me off a bit is the fact that Hawkman has beaten Superman in the past. Actually he was able to knock Superman out cold with one punch when equipped with the The Claw of Horus. The claw allows hits user to use the power of the gravitational field of the whole planet as an offensive weapon, and Hawkman has had it for some time now.

Then I got to thinking that Hawkman is a Batman level strategist and thanks to reincarnation has far more experience and fighting skills than Angel has, despite Angel's age.

So I have to give the win to the guy who beat Superman with one punch.

Devil - Hawk for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Kess73 wrote: »
    My gut instinct when I saw the pairings was to go with the Jones/Angel combo.

My logic was that the Angel that was around just before he gained the Twilight version powers would be able to beat DD, despite me loving the character of DD.

I then figured that Hawkman would be able for Jones, but that Angel would beat Hawkman.

Could not have put it better myself.

Angel and Jess take it for me. :P

Jessica and Hawkman engage in aerial battle over Fountain Square in middle Cincinnati. THe battle proves to be lengthy because both combatants have enhanced levels of strength. As the battle it out Angel takes out Dare Devil on the ground using a broadsword. Having taken out Dare Devil he throws the broadsword high striking Hawkman in the neck. Hawkman plummets to the square and blood flows into the streets. The damage is too great and he lies dead in a pool of his blood.

Jessica and Angel win.

Jessica-Angel ahead 3-1

Jessica-Angel advance. Next competitors to the field please:

Slade Wilson has found himself hiding out in the abandoned town of Centralia, PA following a failed assignment. Upon his arrival he is greeted by SwampThing who offers him safe passage out of town if he helps remove the two individuals who have arrived in town hunting the plant elemental. Hellboy meanwhile has found himself with an unlikely partner in pursuit of what he believes to be a rogue agent that is being tracked by the B.P.R.D. His partner was waiting for a ride home, but elected to come along after offered a chance to hunt a truly unique prey animal.

• Advertisement

Hellboy and the Predator make for one heck of a cool team.

But no way could they beat Swamp Thing on his own, let alone ST with a partner as skilled, fast, strong, and intelligent as Deathstroke.

Plus throw in the location, basically a ghost town that has been taken over by forests and various other forms of plant life.

Swamp Stroke for a surprisingly easy win over what would be a deadly pairing for almost anyone else to take on.

Kess73 wrote: »

Plus throw in the location, basically a ghost town that has been taken over by forests and various other forms of plant life
    So we shall overlook the toxic gases seeping into the very air or the sinkholes that spontaneously appear as the underground fire melts the streets out from below?

So we shall overlook the toxic gases seeping into the very air or the sinkholes that spontaneously appear as the underground fire melts the streets out from below?

Nope but that only works in favour of SwampThing as since he got all the powers of the Parliments and he has mastered control of the different elements that were controlled by the Parliments, so air, fire, earth , Stone etc

Plus there is still the small matter of one of his original powers: Total immunity to any toxin, virus, bacteria regardless of whether they are natural or man made. Add in the fact that he is a master of Toxikinesis, meaning he can control and use any pollutions as a weapon, and your choice of location has turned a being with a huge level of power into a godlike being. :p

Bah, think you've had a "Galactus" moment with Swamp Thing cyber. :P

I have no idea how these guys can beat the Swamp Thing. :confused:

Swamp-Stroke FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Weaker men than Deathstroke have beaten Predator. Predator's major advantage is usually the fact that you don't know he's there, but I reckon Swampthing will sense him regardless of camo, and then it's just for Deathstroke to take him down. Swampthing will eliminate Hellboy in numerous interesting ways.

Swampthing Wins ! Swampthing always wins! :p
    (sorry Hellboy)
    Swampthing and Deathstroke win.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's a rumour going around that swamp thing is amazing.

(that's a vote, btw)

Swamp Thing & Deathstroke advance. Final teams for Round 2 please report to the field.
    BATTLE 8

ELONGATED MAN & XENOMORPH

250px-Elongated_Man.jpgAVP_Xenomorph.jpg

VS

BLACK PANTHER & CASSIDY
    Black_Panther.jpgcassidy.jpg

154299_5.jpg

T'Challa has come to Galveston to investigate rumors of a synthetic form of the very herb that gives him power. Upon arrival he recruits a local guide who is capable of convincing people to speak with him. Once they find their target locale though, they discover they are not the only ones looking into this particular operation. Ralph Dibny has been tracking various new drugs to hit the market in recent months. He has also acquired a new traveling companion who is very loyal to him.

The Elongated Man. Hated his character when he was alive. The the ghost version was crap, and his most recent Black Lantern incarnation is crap too.

Might be that I am going against his team regardless now. :D

Cassidy and the Xenomorph pretty much cancel each other out, ending up as a puddle of acid and ash.

That leaves the poor man's Stretch Armstrong against the (proper) Black Panther. T'Challa inflicts horrific injuries upon the crappy one, before dropping him into the Cassidy/Xenomorph acid puddle.

Black Cassidy wins. Yes I know that sounds like Juggernaut's pal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Cassidy at night is pretty unstoppable, he was blown apart by a grenade and just grew back, and he can function with very little body parts intact, he's also a strong fecker.

I see Cassidy killing Xenomorph, just because Xenomorph won't be able to kill him in any of the usual ways. He'll try and kill him like a normal human, then when it's that close Cassidy will just rip it apart. But Cassidy will still need healing time...

So Black Panther takes out Elongated Man (can't believe that's an actual name that survived.) and Black Panther out-classes Dibney.

Prionsias T'Chala ftw.

• Advertisement

Elongated man goes to crush Cassidy, but Cassidy simply dodges the move and sinks his teeth into him. Cassidy drains the Elongated man until his gangly physique goes limp.

The Panther slices up the Xenomorph with his energy dagger.

Easy peasy.

Black Cassidy FTW

Blassidy.

xeno might be nature designed killer but so is Cassidy and he pretty much can't die.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Black Panther easily dispatches of Elongated Man while deftly avoiding the xenomorph and then uses his badass vibranium sword to slice it apart.

Not going to try to twist this one, mainly because I don't want to:p

Black Panther slices and dices Xeno and would do the same to stretchy one but Cassidy wants his fair share.
    Panther and Cassidy win:)

Black Panther & Cassidy win and complete the roster for Round 2. Please hold for intermission match.

INTERMISSION

STEWIE GRIFFIN

Family-guy-stewie-griffin1.jpg

FROM WIKIPEDIA:
    Per cartoon physics, his ability to move objects of greater weight than himself is not surprising to other characters, nor is his ability to retrieve firearms from hammerspace.
    Stewie's mastery of physics and mechanical engineering are at a level of science fiction. He has constructed advanced fighter-jets, a mind control device, a weather control device, a teleportation device, robots, clones, a working Transporter device from Star Trek, time machines, a Multiverse Transporter (from Episode: Road to the Multiverse), a shrinking pod,[8] as well as an assortment of guns including lasers, rocket launchers, and crossbows. Stewie employs these to cope with the stresses of infant life (such as teething pain, and eating broccoli)[9]

VS

CHUCKY
    tilly.jpg

Peter Griffin has brought a new toy home for his youngest child. Unfortunately for Chucky he must now try to place his soul inside the body of a child who is his equal in the murderous arts. Who will leave the Griffin home alive?
    THIS MATCH WILL BE IN PLACE UNTIL FRIDAY.

Has to be Stewie, the child is capable of creating doomsday devices FFS. :pac: He's too smart for Chucky too.

Stewie FTW

Stewie's one liners definitely trump chuckies.

FOR NOW MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Stewie!!! :D

He has the advantage of the battle happening in his home. The place would be filled with traps/weapons for his attempts to kill Lois. He just has a different target now.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

Stewie.

He will torment Chucky with one liners about being a Mick Hucknell lookalike.

An assortment of ginger related insults leave Chucky broken mentally, and then a shotgun blasts Chucky to pieces in the same manner that Stewie blew away Colin Farrell last night. :D

Advertisement