Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heart's Desire Discussion

• 30-06-2010 3:30am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Come here to discuss the the current tournament as you please, or accuse me of shenanigans if you wish. I swear on my honor though that each team and match will be randomly drawn with no forethought or malice on my part.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Think this is going to take even more thought:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

You thought I would make this challenge simple?

No, I didn't think that at all. I just didn't realize how hard it was going to be.
    I look at this list and there are a lot of my favorites on there. May have to battle with myself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Remember they also each have a random partner in each round.

I know. I may not like their partner at all, or the partner's ability. Maybe I will have to create some sort of rating system for myself.

• Advertisement

Work it out as you like.

Going to have to think about it.

Take your time.

I think I'm going to have to. So far I'm only arguing with myself.;)

Then the tournament has intrigued you..:D

• Advertisement

Of course it has.:o Didn't you plan it that way?

Well, I hoped so. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what others think.

I just waiting on LZ to come in here complaining.

Now why you think he'll complain?:p

Deki wrote: »
    Now why you think he'll complain?:p
    because I plan to make Batman fight in a volcano

You know I love Batman, but I don't know how he'll fare in this one.

Wait until you see his partner

You're tantalizing me now aren't you? :D:p:pac:

Who me?

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: YES YOU.:p

let's just say that he has a most worthy partner for this tournament.

Oh, but you are enjoying your secrets aren't you?;):p

Indeed i am.

too bad you can't plan 'em and play 'em too.

You think I won't vote? I never said i would abstain.

oh. fine by me. :p

No, I won't be voting. That would be unfair since I know all the matches far ahead of everyone else.

I knew you wouldn't.

• Advertisement

You know me well.

I know you wouldn't get any satisfaction out of it if you thought you'd been given an advantage.

True, and there are so many fun matches to be seen in this fine tournament.

True, and there are so many fun matches to be seen in this fine tournament.
    The current one however depresses me to no end. No matter how it ends, one or more of my personal faves is going down for the count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

You two are gas :)

Fewcifur wrote: »
    You two are gas :)
    I've been expecting you. :D Can't wait to see what you come up with this time around.

• Advertisement

Hi Few, glad you could make it for the fun.:)

Hi Few, glad you could make it for the fun.:)
    You saved the werewolf Deki.:D You also retired Deadpool:(.

I have been trying out a point system. Rate each contestant 1-10 in strength, ability and intelligence. You know it hasn't worked yet I've ended up with ties both matches.:p
    You set it up so I couldn't have Deadpool and the Werewolf. :(

yeah, I not happy about that either.

OH NO ! :( Another heart breaker. Batman vs. Hellboy:eek:

• Advertisement

OH NO ! :( Another heart breaker. Batman vs. Hellboy:eek:
    Don 't forget their respective partners either. The mirror image of Bats in Prometheus and a Sith Lord.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jaysis this is a nightmare.

Sorry folks, that's the way it got drawn. Can't wait to hear the complaining once LZ sees it.

Batman lost:confused:.

Batman lost:confused:.

Can't say I am particularly disappointed!

Personally, neither am I. I just expected what amounts to a double dose of Batman would put up a tougher fight. I mean Prometheus alone beat the entire JLA by himself.

Personally, neither am I. I just expected what amounts to a double dose of Batman would put up a tougher fight. I mean Prometheus alone beat the entire JLA by himself.

I don't think people really got prometheus' power level.

Onto this one- Is it specifically Marvel Drac?

I don't think people really got prometheus' power level.

Onto this one- Is it specifically Marvel Drac?
    No, just the best power description I could find for him. Adjust as you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I think the current battle is a super toughy. Solomon Grundy is a bit too hard to quantify, I mean it looks like DC just have him as the random character they drag in when they need a bad guy and use him accordingly. Seems to be quite the weak canon on the lad.

Looks at result of ratings system :eek: Another tie. Rips papers and scribblings and tosses over shoulder... :o:mad::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement