Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh ok, so that's why sometimes he's superman strong and other times a human can take him out? That makes him a tad more intriguing I guess, must look into this more.
    Yeah, while you do that figure out how something that doesn't need to breathe can be strangled to death*

*Green Arrow: Archer's Quest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

When I was a little girl I thought he might rise up from the mud puddle in the alley. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I just like that he was born in Slaughter Swamp. With a birthplace like that, you know he's tough

I don't think I could read then just looked at pictures.:pac:

I also remembered him from Challenge of the Super-Friends.

• Advertisement

Was that the one with the wonder twins?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yeah, while you do that figure out how something that doesn't need to breathe can be strangled to death*
    Yeah I noticed that alright. Like I said, the canon for Grundy is prrrretty weak it would seem. I wouldn't be surprised if this "depends which Grundy comes back" bit is just a dedicated writer's attempt to plug a gaping hole in DC canon.
    Deki wrote: »
    When I was a little girl I thought he might rise up from the mud puddle in the alley. :)

You were quite the cool little girl then, I'm sure I was all about Danger Mouse and Super Ted :)

Was that the one with the wonder twins?
    Nope, the series before it

I still love Danger Mouse :D and Penfold

Nope, the series before it

getting them confused.:confused:

• Advertisement

I still love Danger Mouse :D and Penfold

Baron Greenback, he knew how to hatch a plan, for sure.

Did Danger Mouse and Penfold have English accents over in the states?

Yeah they were still English.
    and Nero

While we awaits the tie-breaker decision folks I guess I'll drop a hint on the next match
    Xenomorph & ? vs. ? & Jonah Hex.

Yeah they were still English.
    and Nero

I like this, it would be weird with him having an American accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

While we awaits the tie-breaker decision folks I guess I'll drop a hint on the next match
    Xenomorph & ? vs. ? & Jonah Hex.
    the ultimate team

Alien AND Predator? they'd win everything surely :eek:

the ultimate team

Alien AND Predator? they'd win everything surely :eek:
    How about Alien and Ghost Rider? Although should the Alien & predator survive they may just wind up as a team in Round 2

I like the fact I can't jumpo to a snap decision with this tag team stuff.

I like the fact I can't jumpo to a snap decision with this tag team stuff.
    Glad to hear it.

durn xenomorph !:) we do have some fire going on in Detroit;)

Who was your favorite in this one?

• Advertisement

That's another hard thing I like 3 out of the 4 and even then Alien is an adversary I hate to see go. I'm going to have to think this through. :D

Well Fewcifur did say that this one would be fiendishly difficult to decide. Looks like he was right.

This is what I call some fine reasons.
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Max is very smart and above human in her strength and reactions. She can normally figure out most problems, and I sure wouldn't want to bet against her... normally.

Tonight our dear Max and her new acquaintance have stumbled into the wrong land... Joker Land. While not the equivalent of the lair of Arcade, Max and Solomon are on Joker's home turf. Plenty of booby traps and interesting surprises.

Dracula and Joker confuse the pair, Joker taunting Grundy and disappearing down a number of blind alleys between rides, slowing Grundy down with a number of deadly traps. Meanwhile Dracula leads Max on a super-human chase, both using their superior speed and agility to reach new heights and eventually end up on top of the ghost house. Up close, Dracula hypnotises Max, feeds on her and then guides her enthralled body to the edge of the roof, allowing her to step off into the air and impale herself on a the rusted spikes of a giant hoop-toss game. Max doesn't know what happened, but she knows she has a massive spike going through her ribcage and can't get off it, gurgling to her death as blood fills her lungs.

Grundy is copping onto Jokers wild goose chase and is just starting to smash his way straight through the fairground debris, like the Juggernaut, b*tch. Grundy finally thinks he has Joker, when Dracula appears between them and the physical battle begins. Dracula, pumped after dining on Max's genetically enhanced blood, goes toe-to-toe with Grundy,not quite having him for strength, but moving far faster and with fight experience centuries old. Distracted by Dracula, Joker retrieves a special package.

The timer ticks away as he slaps his special toy onto Grundy's back. Grundy reacts slowly, but his "huh?" is too late, the alarm rings on an old-skool alarm clock and Dracula disappears with Joker as a massive explosion blows Grundy into different parts across the fairground.

Winner: Dracula & Joker
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Jonah Hex takes a slice out of the Xenomorph, only for its acid blood to fall on the nearby source of Eric Draven's power, leaving the bird dead. Eric puts up an admirable fight but is sliced and diced by the Xenomorph.

Ghost Rider makes quick work of a distracted Hex and makes him relive all of the souls he has taken. Hex may not feel guilty about most but the last image of him inadvertantly killing Eric Draven is too much for him to bare.

The Xeno-Rider FTW.
    On first look the pairs seem fairly evenly matched. Elongated Man has power of flexibility, is intelligent and his partner Jason is a flat out killing machine.
    The Vulture depends on electromagnetic harness for power of flight and super strength. Mysterio very intelligent master of illusion. I believe Crystal Lake location gives Jason a real advantage,he surely feels at home here.

So... Vulture attacks Elongated Man, in an effort to get him quickly out of the way. Elongated Man in desperation flattens and tweaks those elasticy fingers to dig into the workings of the harness. As the Vulture flies above the lake in search of a rocky outcropping to slam Elongated Man into, his harness malfunctions due to those adaptable digits and they begin to fall...
    Mean time Mysterio has lured Jason into the waters. He uses illusion to convince Jason he is once again drowning, unfortunately for Mysterio, Jason takes the illusionist down with him. Jason, cold and super strong, drags him to his death beneath the cold waters of Crystal Lake.

The harness malfunction strips The Vulture of his powers and the old man and his opponent hit the lake's surface with a big Splash!
    Fighting the cold water the Vulture finds himself in the embrace of Jason who pulls him deeper, ever downward.
    Once again the scene is calm as the waters close above the struggle.
    Jason emerges, victorious, to stand beside Elongated Man, who, still shivering, has dragged himself to shore.

Jason and Elongated Man win.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can see Batman doing a detailed dossier on Vader and Hellboy, giving Prometheus all of the information he needs to hit Vader and Hellboy where it hurts.

That being said, I don't how I can look past the force as a deciding factor in this battle, Bats and prometheus just have no way of counteracting Vader there. What can ya do if you are being choked to death from a distance?

Please see below-cyberwolf.
    Vader and Hellboy FTW. :(
    I think Prometheus using the crooked house key might get an edge here.

He can use it to get in close to Vader and strike quick with Shiva's fighting knowledge to kill with his tonfa thing he uses to fight people with super human strength.

Hellboy is damn good but both Bats and Promethues put super people down all the time. Whatever about taking Batman down, in this fight Hellboy has to put down Batman and THEN he has to fight batman plus.

I'm voting for batmetheus which will prob shock people who have seen me vote in these things before.

too late. stupid server down.:mad:

too late. stupid server down.:mad:

Rar rar rar, I'm Deki and I'm never happy, rar rar rar :pac:

I am usually happy. :) I am almost always happy. Just not today :D

I am usually happy. :) I am almost always happy. Just not today :D
    Go ahead and vote.

It's a walkover!

I'M WORKING ON THE NEXT ONE NOW OKAY!
    You try explaining why Angel and hawkman would cooperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How awesome is HawkMan?

Advertisement