Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart's Desire Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Here be the teams for Round 2 folks. Start thinking how they will function, and who they can take:
    1. Black Panther & Cassidy
    2. Joker & Brother Voodoo
    3. Vandal Savage & Black Knight
    4. Elongated Man & Xenomorph
    5. Sabretooth & Bane
    6. Ghost Rider & Dracula
    7. Blade & Jason Voorhees
    8. Spider-Man & Darth Vader
    9. Spider-Girl & Gorilla-Man
    10. Beast & Buffy
    11. Shade & Wolverine
    12. Hawkman & Daredevil
    13. Predator & Hellboy
    14. Jessica Jones & Angel
    15. Punisher ( MAX) & Jack Russell
    16. Deathstroke & Swamp Thing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Here be the teams for Round 2 folks. Start thinking how they will function, and who they can take:
    5. Sabretooth & Bane
    6. Ghost Rider & Dracula
    10. Beast & Buffy
    11. Shade & Wolverine
    12. Hawkman & Daredevil
    13. Predator & Hellboy

Some heavyweight teams in there. Should make for some great clashes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Yeah, most of the matches came out pretty balanced as well. I was really hoping to see a father daughter spider team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Some serious heavy hitting teams in the mix, the sort of teams you'd say would go all the way if it wasn't a random draw again next round.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Some serious heavy hitting teams in the mix, the sort of teams you'd say would go all the way if it wasn't a random draw again next round.
    Don't forget, when we have eight competitors left it becomes a singles contest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

5. Sabretooth & Bane
    6. Ghost Rider & Dracula
    10. Beast & Buffy
    11. Shade & Wolverine
    12. Hawkman & Daredevil
    13. Predator & Hellboy

290228179066droooooollll.jpg

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    290228179066droooooollll.jpg

Shade and Wolverine shouldn't be underestimated either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Shade and Wolverine shouldn't be underestimated either.

Sabretooth/Bane and Deathstroke/SwampThing are two handy teams as well.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Sabretooth/Bane and Deathstroke/SwampThing are two handy teams as well.

Very true, I had them noted aswell. I have to completely re-think Bane with his intelligence dimension.

How good is Swampthing in a city? That I'd be interested in.

Deathstroke sounds hugely impressive, glad he made it through, using 90% of your brain, that's huge!

How good is Swampthing in a city?
    he once grew himself a body from nothing more than a pack of cigarettes

• Advertisement

Here comes Round 2, and will someone please wipe LZ's chin before he shorts out his keyboard

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Passes Kleenex box like quarterback with Twilight strength 10,000 kms east.

I actually quite like this first fight since it pits four physical powerhouses against each other. No fancy magic tricks are gonna win this fight.

he once grew himself a body from nothing more than a pack of cigarettes

So is he near unstoppable then?

So is he near unstoppable then?
    Well, he still needs plant matter to reconsitute himself if seriously damaged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Some things take time though.

Indeed they do. Especially as you proved when you explained how an organic tank like Jason could be defeated.

Jesus I almost forgot! :eek: :o

So Vandal Savage is immortal eh? I've heard plenty of villains claim that before. The Judge claimed no weapon could kill him but Buffy quickly showed him otherwise. ;) Buffy is gonna use the scythe to chop Vandal into tiny little pieces, which will be scattered across the earth in due time.

Black Knight? No great shakes tbh. Expert Swordsman? Yeah well, Buffy's an expert with the scythe. Beast distracts BK while Buffy chops him in half.

Buffy & Beast FTW
    Good thing somebody extended the vote deadline, hmmmmm?

Good thing somebody extended the vote deadline, hmmmmm?

Yes sir. :P I was meaning to study the characters and come back to it but I just forgot!

Yes sir. :P I was meaning to study the characters and come back to it but I just forgot!
    Sure, you were. Stop reading Buffy fanfics and pay attention young man.

• Advertisement

Sure Randy knows what I'm talking about when it comes to Buffy. :pac:

Sure Randy knows what I'm talking about when it comes to Buffy. :pac:
    Oh, I figured that.

BATTLE 5

Speaking of the longhorned one......

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Speaking of the longhorned one......

wonder which way he'll vote?:pac:

Haven't voted yet as I'm not convinced the battle is that easy to figure out.

I want to say Ghost-Dracula, but haven't got how they'd win sorted out yet.

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    wonder which way he'll vote?:pac:

Haven't voted yet as I'm not convinced the battle is that easy to figure out.

I want to say Ghost-Dracula, but haven't got how they'd win sorted out yet.
    Should you figure a Spiderilla victory I will be most impressed

Should you figure a Spiderilla victory I will be most impressed

could happen, gorilla man sounds impressive to me. just have work out a scenario where I can see his team winning.

could happen, gorilla man sounds impressive to me. just have work out a scenario where I can see his team winning.
    Well, he can fire guns with his feet. he be quadridextrous

Knew i shoulda put Spiderilla vs Ghracula in The Vatican. Holy ground might have leveled the playing field a bit.

is it the blaze or ketch version of ghost rider?

• Advertisement

is it the blaze or ketch version of ghost rider?
    Ketch version. That the one I linked to at least.

Advertisement