Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plans for today?

• 30-06-2010 7:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

For the first time in nearly three weeks there's no World Cup football. The hours previously occupied by games now need to be filled, but how?

I shall mostly be curled in a ball in the corner of my bedroom scouring he net for highlights of previous matches. Every site will of course be set to vuvuzela mode.

And I might even get a full night's sleep for a change.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Xavi6 wrote: »
    For the first time in nearly three weeks there's no World Cup football. The hours previously occupied by games now need to be filled, but how?

I shall mostly be curled in a ball in the corner of my bedroom scouring he net for highlights of previous matches. Every site will of course be set to vuvuzela mode.

Was thinking this on the drive into work this morning, usually I get home just in time for the 3 o'clock kick off. Now what am I supposed to do between the hours of three and five?

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,467 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »

well, I had planned on a game of football and a cycle, but I am going to a removal instead.

Still a bit tired and sore from starting the CouchTo5k thing yesterday and the (first ever, and very poor) game of squash yesterday too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Think i might just make some random pointles threads in the soccer forum about stuff that happened a couple of years ago or some stuff that doesn't realy need a thread. I like the attention. After that i'll leave some ****ty comments on my facebook page and then tell people about it so it gets around (i'm cool). Then i might be a complete pedant and pick apart peoples sigs for an hour or more, after i'm banned for that, i'll set up a new novelty account with a witty username and off to prison i go where i'll pester Gordon. Can't wait to be honest.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Think i might just make some random pointles threads in the soccer forum about stuff that happened a couple of years ago or some stuff that doesn't realy need a thread. I like the attention. After that i'll leave some ****ty comments on my facebook page and then tell people about it so it gets around (i'm cool). Then i might be a complete pedant and pick apart peoples sigs for an hour or more, after i'm banned for that, i'll set up a new novelty account with a witty username and off to prison i go where i'll pester Gordon. Can't wait to be honest.

So Old, Try Something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I might actually go to bed this evening for the first time since Wednesday rather than trying to stay up and falling asleep on the couch and waking up groggy for work (only saw the Korea- Uruguay and England- Germany matches this week because I was on the lash. Watching home alone is impossible)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I might actually go to bed this evening for the first time since Wednesday rather than trying to stay up and falling asleep on the couch and waking up groggy for work (only saw the Korea- Uruguay and England- Germany matches this week because I was on the lash. Watching home alone is impossible)

The first two weren't bad, but I heartily agreed in relation to all further sequels.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The first two weren't bad, but I heartily agreed in relation to all further sequels.

i do love the scene in the first one where he steals the toothbrush, and then feels really bad after it.

Also, I like how he learns nothing with regards to pre-judging people from the first one, and thinks the bird lady in the park in the second is a freak out to kill him and everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

i do love the scene in the first one where he steals the toothbrush, and then feels really bad after it.

Also, I like how he learns nothing with regards to pre-judging people from the first one, and thinks the bird lady in the park in the second is a freak out to kill him and everyone else.

This is what happens when there's no live football and people have too much on their hands to think.

It's going to be long two days til Friday.

A healthy does of prejudice keeps you alive Mitch. You gotta keep your head ona swivel in a situation like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A two-day window to clean my apartment, do my laundry, the shopping etc. Badly needed after 2 weeks of non-stop footie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

unpack after moving house. then put int FIFA 09 (my brother has 10) and play a WC all on my own!

Then bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

It's hard to believe Home Alone was based on a true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Might actually do some work in the afternoon for a change. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Spud83 wrote: »
    Might actually do some work in the afternoon for a change. :eek:

Will watch the Wimbledon Tennis quarter finals online at work. At least that will get me to Friday. And then I will finish up early - come on the Dutch, I have them in the company draw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm thinking of giving heroin a shot.

There's nothing else to do like.

Will watch the Wimbledon Tennis quarter finals online at work. At least that will get me to Friday. And then I will finish up early - come on the Dutch, I have them in the company draw!

I've got Brazil. Bet my guys beat your guys!

I've got Brazil. Bet my guys beat your guys!

I was in a few, Argentina 3 times and Uruguay.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I was in a few, Argentina 3 times and Uruguay.

I have Ghana, I don't even want Ghana to win thier next match let alone the entire thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm organising a ticker tape parade for Roy Hodgson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Think I might just watch the re-run of the Paraguay and Japan match yesterday....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

That_Guy wrote: »
    Think I might just watch the re-run of the Paraguay and Japan match yesterday....

trouble sleeping?

trouble sleeping?

funny you should say that, I've been having trouble sleeping of late even when I want to, but slept through the whole second half and extra time. Woke for penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

have the day off and there's no football :( well guess i'll be watching andy murray...

i wonder if England got knocked out in the WC and Scotland were still in would the English be as quick to jump on the Scottish bandwagon? :P

trouble sleeping?

Gluten for punishment. :)

mmm, might watch Wimbeldon actually.... Or spend 4 hours watching SSN with the same stories over and over and over again.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gluten for punishment. :)

mmm, might watch Wimbeldon actually.... Or spend 4 hours watching SSN with the same stories over and over and over again.

Been there...

"maybe there'll be something new this half hour..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cut the grass

Do some ironing

Bottle some home brew

Make some nice tomato sauce, from scratch

Des wrote: »
    Cut the grass

Do some ironing

Bottle some home brew

Make some nice tomato sauce, from scratch

Nice day! Good Ketchup recipe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

Maybe drag my couch out the front, have a couple of beers

lordgoat wrote: »
    Nice day! Good Ketchup recipe?

Nah, I meant some tomato sauce for pasta dishes etc. I always make it from scratch, and there were some lovely beef tomatoes at the farmer's market last weekend, so picked up a few.

Can't beat fresh tomato sauce.

I pity the fools who eat Dolmio

• Advertisement

That is such a skangery thing to do, are you my neighbour?

Bloody rednecks.

Suppose you've got a shotgun too don't ya?

;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Might finally get around to writing something. Unlikely though.

Probably go get a haircut after work.

Then a mates band are being supported by another mates band at a gig tonight in Crawdaddy so heading along to that later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Clean the house proper,have to transfer some plants from the greenhouse to the ground must do that aswell.Make a big batch of spaghetti bolognese and freeze some and I've to head down the town to pay a few bills.

Or maybe I could just hang around the tennis forum all day and pretend I'm an expert at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm doing a presentation next week that I've known about since before the start of the World Cup...today seemed like the perfect day to start working on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I love how people are more outraged at drinking in public than taking heroin.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    I love how people are more outraged at drinking in public than taking heroin.:pac:

I bet you a fiver you aren't going to take heroin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Was thinking this on the drive into work this morning, usually I get home just in time for the 3 o'clock kick off. Now what am I supposed to do between the hours of three and five?

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?!?

look up vuvuzela records on limewire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Im off for a round of Pitch & Putt , followed by a trip to town to get new football boots as Pre-season training is starting tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Possibly play some astro turf, great weather for it and everyones been awkward about booking it over the last few days because of the matches :D

• Advertisement

Hoki wrote: »
    Im off for a round of Pitch & Putt , followed by a trip to town to get new football boots as Pre-season training is starting tonight :eek:

Your going to wear new boots for the first time doing pre-season fitness?

God help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I'll have to attend to the miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

CorkMan wrote: »
    I'll have to attend to the miss.

Let us know how that goes!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

flahavaj wrote: »

is it not the couch out the front that is the skangery bit rather than the boozing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Your going to wear new boots for the first time doing pre-season fitness?

God help you.

Nope if its gonna be all running il have a nice comfy pair of new balance on.
    Im in dire need of a new pair of boots though so seeing as iv nothing on today i said id go in and grab a pair. Will throw them on though if we do some ball work at the end, gotta get used to them sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Terrible isn't it? Soon life will be empty again. :eek:
    Probably will play a few holes and maybe call into town for a game of cards after. WC had quite a negative impact on the regular card game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Oooh I need a new pair of boots,have an one4all card so thats what thats been spent on! Might get some gear for oxegen while I'm at it.Jesus what we do if there was no World Cup this year,I'd be left with mind boggling decisions like this every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Gillington wrote: »
    Oooh I need a new pair of boots,have an one4all card so thats what thats been spent on! Might get some gear for oxegen while I'm at it.Jesus what we do if there was no World Cup this year,I'd be left with mind boggling decisions like this every day!

Do you know if they are showing the world cup final on a big screen in oxygen? id hate to miss all of that after watching a substantial amount of matches already

Do you know if they are showing the world cup final on a big screen in oxygen? id hate to miss all of that after watching a substantial amount of matches already

I'd imagine they will, they did in 06 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm going for a few holes of golf and then might go into TKMaxx for a root around.:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement