Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Parking near Pembroke dock

• 30-06-2010 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Would anyone know where I could park up safely close to Pembroke (ferry gets there around 1am) for a few hours sleep with family before proceeding to Dover?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

there is a long stay car park at the dock.
    if you ask im sure you will be put right.
    good luck with your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vinniem

coolvale wrote: »
    there is a long stay car park at the dock.
    if you ask im sure you will be put right.
    good luck with your trip.

Thanks Coolvale:)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

vinniem wrote: »
    Thanks Coolvale:)

i would be interested as to how you get on after your return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 aja72

Recently i hear that the free parking near the Pembroke dock Hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vinniem

aja72 wrote: »
    Recently i hear that the free parking near the Pembroke dock Hotels.

Thanks aja72

Coolvale, no bother will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Been a while since I went that route - but AFAIK there is a Tesco on the road between the dock and the main road about 1 km away - it seems to be 6 am to midnight unfortunately - but it's unlikely to have a barrier?

If you are prepared to drive 33 miles there a 24 hour Tesco at Caermathen on your way to the M4 - ya might need some groceries, and for a few hours they are not going to hassle you (and it should be fairly quiet at that hour). In fact there will be a bit of noise at the ferry with unloading and reloading so driving for 30 minutes might be no harm at all.

Advertisement