Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The forecast for Tenby, Wales, 31.7 to 14.8 thread

Options
  • 30-06-2010 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Since there is a lot of discussion about ltf's I thought I would try a little experiment. Each day I will visit a number of sites and post what they have for the above.

This way we can see how accurate they were and how they move the forecast over time.

Obviously I'm on holidays in Tenby this year so I can report back on generally what happened.

If anyone would like to put their own forecast up & change it anytime they like feel free to do so.

Tenby is here

& yes, I understand it's only a month away but it's for my own self interest. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

My forecast is plenty of sunshine from 31.7 for a week, then a few days of cloud, ending with a couple of days of rain.

Wind will be non-event throughout.

Temps will be 20-28 max first week, 18-24 second week.

Netweather

August & September
    Confidence in the forecast drops away quite signficantly at this range, but currently the forecast for the final month of the Summer is for rainfal to be close to average and temperatures to be close to, or even slightly below the norm.

Note: The next update to this forecast will be on Thursday July 1st.

The weather outlook

August
    Temperature: Below average
    Precipitation: Above average
    The first half of the month is expected to bring some drier warmer weather, but the emphasis is on unsettled and at times rather cool weather as weather fronts push across the country. Some heavy showers of longer spells of rain are expected with the chance of thundery showers.

Forecast Issued 31/05/2010

Weather Online

*August *
    There is the hint that after a long spell of unsettled weather through what should be summer, conditions will settle for a time, but there's no evidence to suggest that this will last more than a week into the new month? Any drier and brighter weather established across the UK looks set to be eroded by increasing cloud and a strengthening breeze as the westerly, low pressure dominated pattern that characterised July returns, therefore further rain and showers can be anticipated through all areas.
    Through to the middle of the month the pattern still looks as though it'll be mainly unsettled, continually dominated by low pressure and further outbreaks of showers or spells of rain, continuing to feel generally cool in response.

Issued: Saturday 29th May 2010

Advertisement