Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demonstration Weekend at the National Print Museum **FREE**

Options
  • 30-06-2010 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Demonstration Weekend 2010
    You are invited to visit the National Print Museum to witness a traditional that has virtually disappeared. This July the Museum will host an exciting Demonstration Weekend. Practical demonstrations of the Intertype, Linotype, Monotype, Shaw Pen Ruling Machine and many other machines will be given by active retired typesetters and printers.

Expert advice will be on hand to answer any questions and visitors may be able to try their hand at some printing. The Museum will be brought to life on these unique days and visitors will get a rare glimpse of what a printing house was like 100 years ago.
    Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th July 2010
    12.00pm - 5.00pm
    FREE ADMISSION :)
    National Print Museum, Beggars Bush Barracks, Haddington Rd, Dublin 4
    Tel: 01 6603770 Email: printmuseumedu@iol.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Is there a way to sign up for notification of these events ? I am thinking in particular of the Collins Barracks Military History related ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 MuseumEducation

Hi Morlor,

We have a mailing list database that you could sign up to for regular updates on events running in the National Print Museum - just drop me a line at printmuseumedu@iol.ie

As for Collins Barracks events, you would have to contact the National Museum of Ireland (we're not part of that group of state Museums, we're a small registered charity Museum). However I'm sure the National Museums have a mailing list that you could sign up to also. Their website is www.museum.ie

Hope that helps. Don't forget to visit us too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Thanks for the information and sorry for the confusion on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 MuseumEducation

No problem at all! Common mistake I'm afriad.

Now you know about us though, you'll have to come down and check the Museum out!!

Advertisement