Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to live in a shed behind a house in Lucan for €750 a month??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Looks nice enough and I've no objection to it apart from the rate. They're having a bubble asking for €750 each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

edellc wrote: »
    then stop going on about it being such a good find
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I ain't pointing out that its a good find. Just pointing out that it's very obviously not a shed or close to it.
    Yeah, its overpriced but lots of rents in Dublin are in my opinion ridiculous for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Jesh1

A friend rented out something similar in Swords and the few times i visited it was quite cold in the evening (March/April). I dont think the heating was ever turned off. He told me it was unbearable during Jan of this year. I would advise anyone to steer clear during the winter months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Jesh1 wrote: »
    I would advise anyone to steer clear during the winter months.
    +1

It's an overgrown playhouse, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

kippy wrote: »
    I ain't pointing out that its a good find. Just pointing out that it's very obviously not a shed or close to it.
    Yeah, its overpriced but lots of rents in Dublin are in my opinion ridiculous for what you get.

It's a nice (albeit tiny) building, yes. But:
    A> It's in someone's back garden
    B> It's €750! I'd pay €400 maximum to rent it.
    C> IT'S IN SOMEONE'S BACK GARDEN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

Ive lived in alot worse than this. Place looks fine tbh. The price is just madness though. Good luck to them tring to rent it at that price.

eth0_ wrote: »
    It's a nice (albeit tiny) building, yes. But:
    A> It's in someone's back garden
    B> It's €750! I'd pay €400 maximum to rent it.
    C> IT'S IN SOMEONE'S BACK GARDEN!

Have you ever lived in an apartment...........
    You're far close to your neighbours than this place. It has its own access and parking.
    I aint arguing about the rent......its daft alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

I wonder does it comply with legal guidelines for a rental property? Will the landlord be registered with PRTB?

It's quite a nice ahem studio but the sofa is manky. You'd think they would've spent a bit of money on a nice sofa bed instead of that thing.

It's certainly not worth €750 though and you can get 2 bed apartments in that general area for not much more.

Yep, apart from over-pricing it, they have a cheek advertising it as a "house". Although looking at Daft, people here don't seem to know what a "studio" actually is, but this is one.

• It's kind of cute, I think it might be cool to live in but they are having a laugh indeed. 750 EURO? You could rent a 2 bed apartment for that. I wouldn't pay more than about 500 for it, and I'd only pay that because it's essentially a detached structure with no neighbours stomping above you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Simply put, that's not a shed.

As most of ye are probably aware, you can buy these log cabins which are insulated and can come with heating and plumbing. A little more expensive than the typical shed. The walls in these log cabins are much thicker than a shed and unlike a shed, you can live in a log cabin. While the price may be high, there is nothing wrong with this abode. It's not to your liking, fair enough, but don't put the building down. It's slanderous claiming the owner would house somebody in a shed, something I can't see threshold or the prtb crowd being too happy about.

This is a shed.

Some examples of these log cabins below. You can get a holiday home type that is less insulated or you can chose to pay more for the better insulated and thicker walled cabins. You can get some amazing cabins and some very very basic ones.

Example 1: Some amazing houses in this.

Example 2: Some very cheap cabins on this site.

Example 3: I would class these as more basic, holiday home types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I'd class it as a dogbox. A very expensive one! I actually used to live in Hermitage, and i know that house, it backs out onto Ballyowen Lane, at the top, where the lane meets the main road, and is overlooked by the apartments opposite. So not only would you be paying throught the teeth for a tiny space, you would be on show to your neighbours, the landlord(as the back garden is basically a postage stamp), and the passing buses, kept awake at night by the traffic on the N4. You have to be mad or desperate to rent that!! Especially when you consider that you could rent an apartment from €700, or a house from €900 in the same area!!!!

shinikins wrote: »
    I'd class it as a dogbox. A very expensive one! I actually used to live in Hermitage, and i know that house, it backs out onto Ballyowen Lane, at the top, where the lane meets the main road, and is overlooked by the apartments opposite. So not only would you be paying throught the teeth for a tiny space, you would be on show to your neighbours, the landlord(as the back garden is basically a postage stamp), and the passing buses, kept awake at night by the traffic on the N4. You have to be mad or desperate to rent that!! Especially when you consider that you could rent an apartment from €700, or a house from €900 in the same area!!!!

You see, Personally I think all of those drawbacks are worse in most modern craply built appartment complexes.....

Advertisement