Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone used the 3T Arx Team Alloy Stem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Have that exact one, not really much you can say about stems, its stiff, nicely made and looks the biz. The same stem you see on a lot of the Pro Peleton bikes, and its reasonably priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭jimmyjacob

Thanks Murph100. Good to know. Price seems decent alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I have this on my bike too. Again, it is a stem so not really much too it bar it looks the part. It is the only alu bit on my bike however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Very good stem, pretty lightweight compared to other stems I have used. I got it on Slane cycles quite cheap.

Personally I wouldn't bother with a carbon stem, a lot of them (like the FSA OS-99 CSI being just an OS-99 with a carbon wrap) are aluminium wrapped in carbon. This makes them heavier (118g versus 103g for those two) despite the price difference.

Even the Zipp full carbon stem weighs more than a decent aluminium stem. If you are worried about vibrations, buy a decent pair of gloves.

Of course, they look pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭jimmyjacob

Belated thanks for the feedback guys. I was away so couldn't check responses. Will go with that stem so. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement