Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Transcripts

Options
  • 30-06-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is a delay with getting exam transcripts (like there is in other colleges) or if I can just head out to the Tierney Building and get them on the spot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ajk86

I had to print a form off the net www.ucd.ie/studentdesk and send it to them. they said it would take 14 days but that was over 3 weeks ago so i presume there is a delay!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You can get them on the spot if you go in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

ajk86 wrote: »
    I had to print a form off the net www.ucd.ie/studentdesk and send it to them. they said it would take 14 days but that was over 3 weeks ago so i presume there is a delay!!!

Shi..... Do you know if I printed off my exam results from SIS and handed them in at the desk, would they stamp them just to prove that they are legitimate? Long shot, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ajk86

are u sure u can get them on the spot?? i rang and they told me to send in that form! i need mine asap so its annoying having to wait around!!!!

You can get them on the spot if you go in

Did you get them on the spot? I was planning on heading in today to see if they did

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've needed them a few times for jobs/other courses i'm doing, they have yet to charge me when i've went in in person but the last time which was last september when everyone was registering i went in but there was a Q out of the door of the admin building so i just sent in an email request.

Just drop in and you'll get them.

I've needed them a few times for jobs/other courses i'm doing, they have yet to charge me when i've went in in person but the last time which was last september when everyone was registering i went in but there was a Q out of the door of the admin building so i just sent in an email request.

Just drop in and you'll get them.

Nice one. I'll do that so. Thanks mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I know someone who got theirs posted out to them without requesting them? Did this happen anyone else in Dublin? I'm annoyed now I didn't apply sooner because I need them by two weeks.

I can confirm that you can walk in and get them. Get there early though because there will be a queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Rosita

I received mine - unrequested - in the post this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

anyone who has completed their degree gets one automatically

wonderworm wrote: »
    anyone who has completed their degree gets one automatically

I'm still waiting on mine, no sign of it. I'm just going to have to go up next week. How long does the queue last generally?

I'm still waiting on mine, no sign of it. I'm just going to have to go up next week. How long does the queue last generally?

Get there just before opening and you won't have a queue. I did that and before I knew it there was a queue of 15+ people behind me.

RichTea wrote: »
    Get there just before opening and you won't have a queue. I did that and before I knew it there was a queue of 15+ people behind me.

I don't live in Dublin, so I would have to get a bus up that wouldn't get me in until after 10, and then not out to ucd til after 11. I was just wondering how long I typically would be waiting, a half hour wouldn't bother me so long as I got what i came for.

I don't live in Dublin, so I would have to get a bus up that wouldn't get me in until after 10, and then not out to ucd til after 11. I was just wondering how long I typically would be waiting, a half hour wouldn't bother me so long as I got what i came for.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/studentdesk/index.html

Check the times above. They open at 2.00pm on Tuesday and Wednesday so you should be ok. Half an hour would probably be accurate enough. It's definitely worth the trek out, you could be waiting for ages otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'm out of the country, do I have any option at all apart from mailing in the form? I'd really like to get my hands on one quicker than the (minimum) 14 days for my masters applications.....but I guess I'm not alone in that boat.

Advertisement