Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Bill Pay: Connect vs Smart

Options
  • 30-06-2010 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.....

Contract is up with O2 in 4 weeks time so I'm having a browse around to see where I go next. I'm on Business 175 or something with the 1Gb add-on for a staggering €30, so my bills are coming in at around the €70 a month.

On Meteor they have two packages I'm interested in on a 12 month contract:

Connect: 200 minutes, 200 texts - €25pm
    Smart: 200 minutes, 200 texts, 1Gb data - €35pm

From what I can see, the 1Gb data is the only difference (unless I'm missing something) and if I go "Connect" I can buy the 10Gb add-on for €14.99. Means I get the same as "Smart" plus an extra 9Gb for an additional €4.99pm.

Have I got this right?

I'm thinking along the lines of the HTC Desire should Meteor get the "No Service" issue sorted by the end of next month. The big question will be the handset price on the "Connect" package which is not on their website. It's around €169 with the "Smart" package so might have to pop into a Meteor store to ask.

My other option is to stay with O2 and go with the "O2 Advance 150 + 2GB Data" for €40 a month which gives me 150 minutes, 100 texts and 2Gb data but possibly a more reliable data network.

No too bothered with Voda or 3 as they don't have an EDGE network in place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I'm looking at the same connect package with meteor and the data add on. I mailed them looking for confirmation that this package is possible (leaving o2 with their ammended contract!)

I'll get back to you on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yeah it's gonna cost ya an extra fiver for 9GB but are you actually gonna go into that extra 9GB? Pointless paying even a fiver (60 a year) if you're not gonna touch it.

I got a Hero when i upgraded in Feb, totally overestimated my usage and went for the unlimited 14.99/10gb package, most i've used in a month is 600mb and i hammer the data quite a bit, albeit on wi-fi at home and in work, but am now stuck wit the bundle for 6 months till can downgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Someone asking the same question on the Meteor forum

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=828

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Calebmcd

scudzilla wrote: »
    Yeah it's gonna cost ya an extra fiver for 9GB but are you actually gonna go into that extra 9GB? Pointless paying even a fiver (60 a year) if you're not gonna touch it.

I got a Hero when i upgraded in Feb, totally overestimated my usage and went for the unlimited 14.99/10gb package, most i've used in a month is 600mb and i hammer the data quite a bit, albeit on wi-fi at home and in work, but am now stuck wit the bundle for 6 months till can downgrade

Have you seen the threads on the forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956064
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055941175

This happened to me, €400 bill(although capped)
    My Hero decided to download €300+ worth of data while I was asleep in one night. From 2am to 11am, and yes i was asleep and I use WiFi (seen as I have unlimited download)

My 250mb package was fine for 8 months, then last month it decided to flip!
    But i've had nothing but problems with my Hero. I was told to buy the unlimited package. Yet it was not my fault it happened.

2 months ago i was given permission to return my phone and cancel my contract.
    But the manager has never been there when I get to the store. I'm going down on Wednesday again. Hopefully i'll finally get rid of this pain in the ass phone.

Still don't know if i'll change network or buy a new phone on Meteor(Most likely a NON HTC NON ANDROID)/rant

Advertisement