Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children are not Pokemon

• 30-06-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

Just saw this, reposted from a friend... (from http://theinternetaccordingtoadrian.tumblr.com/post/751912020)

"I'm going to take a picture of my firstborn and use age progression software to figure out what he'll look like when he's 16. Then I'm going to frame the picture and keep it as a centerpiece in our house, something he'll grow up looking at. Then, when the appropriate time comes and he realises that the picture is of him, I'm going to try and convince him that he is a time-traveller."

Is it wrong that I read the first sentence: "I'm going to take a picture of my firstborn and use age progression software to figure out what he'll look like when he's 16"

..and then mentally added "and soft reset until I get a kid I like the look of."

Bad bad Nick. No biscuit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

At least you're not wondering what he'll evolve into when he hits 16... Might be more fun to take the picture of him at 16, have photos of intermediate stages of a morph from that pic to say a caterpillar or other pupa-type thing. And then a photo of a Tyranitar wearing his favourite hat or glasses.... leave them lying round the house...

Kids are a lot like Pokemon though. My daughter knows Screech, Stomp and Water Gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

Banjo wrote: »
    My daughter knows Screech, Stomp and Water Gun.

Me and my son have had a long chat a while back about the Pokemon moves we have. I reckon he's got Uproar, Taunt and Attract for sure.

I remember him saying I've got Snore... have to remember what else was on that list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Banjo wrote: »
    My daughter knows Screech, Stomp and Water Gun.

It's the Water Gun that worries me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

YEah, I think that came out wrong. It's more like Splash, but causes damage and has a 50% chance of making the target flinch...
    (and before you ask about the other 50% of the time, it's a parenting thing. You very quickly hit a point where these things don't bother you at all, because being bothered takes up precious time you could spend sleeping)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pokemon > children.

At least for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement