Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling events

• 30-06-2010 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering where I could find a list of the upcoming cycle events such as ring of kerry, etc. I am hoping to do a few long cycles but the ring of kerry seems a bit too long...

Anyone know of any other events coming up (around 100km or so) or where I could find such event listings???

Cheers,
    Bobby

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

I can't get into that site, I'm at work and it seems to be blocked??

Could someone copy & paste a list of the next few events please if it isn't too much trouble?

Cheers, Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

July

* July 3rd (Sat) - Ring of Kerry Cycle (180k)
    * July 4th (Sun) - Twin Peaks Challenge (100k)
    * July 11th (Sun) - Coast Run Challenge (125,85,16k)
    * July 18th (Sun) - Western Lakes Polka Dot Challenge (160k)
    * July 18th - 23rd (Sun - Fri) - Dublin to Paris (500k)
    * July 25th (Sun) - An Post Tour of Meath (160k, 100k, 40k)
    * July 31st (Sat) - Tour de Kilkenny (160k, 100k, 40k)

August

* August 1st (Sun) - Tour of Clare (200k, 100k) Ennis
    * August 1st (Sun) - Five County Challenge (185k, 140k ,100k) Ballyjamesduff
    * August 8th (Sun) - Mourne Sportive (170k)
    * August 8th (Sun) - Martin Early Tour of Kildare (100k, 50k, 20k)
    * August 12th - 15th (Thu - Sun) - Tour de Munster (600k)
    * August 14th (Sat) - Surf and Turf 300 6am Clonmel
    * August 22nd (Sun) - Etape Hibernia (135k)
    * August 29th (Sun) - Lap the Lough (140k)
    * August 29th (Sun) - An Post Sean Kelly Tour (160k, 90k, 50k)

September

* September 4th (Sat) - 3 Rivers 300 Midleton
    * September 5th (Sun) - Castleisland Tour (80k, 50k, 15k)
    * September 11th (Sat) - An Post Rebel Tour (130k, 60, 10k)
    * September 12th (Sun) - Race Around Ireland (2100k) Ultra Marathon World Cup Event
    * September 12th (Sun) - West Wicklow 100
    * September 18th (Sat) - Dying Sow 300/Dying Cow 200/Dying Sparrow 160 Bray (6am, 8am 10am)
    * September 18th (Sat) - Conor Pass Challenge (150k, 100k)
    * September 19th (Sun) - Dublin Wheelers Randonnée (140k, 80k) Glasnevin (9am)
    * September 26th (Sun) - Swords CC Sportive (110k)

October

* October 30th (Sat) - Dying Light 200 Phibsboro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Etape Hibernia

Hi Rob

You still have time to enter the Etape Hibernia!

http://www.etapehibernia.com/

Matt - Etape Hibernia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Hi Rob

You still have time to enter the Etape Hibernia!

http://www.etapehibernia.com/

Matt - Etape Hibernia

Matt, you've been very efficient at taking my €54, congrats.

Unfortunately, you've been less quick to reply to my question via twitter regarding the registration and start times. This is quite useful information as I'm not sure if I can drive up on the morning, or if I need to book accomodation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Etape Hibernia

Sorry Rob, Ive just taken over the social media work for the Etape and that includes Twitter, so some messages might not have reached me!

Will make sure that this page is updated asap! http://etapehibernia.com/entryinfo.html

Thanks again and good luck...

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Matt, you've been very efficient at taking my €54, congrats.

Unfortunately, you've been less quick to reply to my question via twitter regarding the registration and start times. This is quite useful information as I'm not sure if I can drive up on the morning, or if I need to book accomodation?

States the FAQ
    Why do I have to register on Saturday?

Registration is an important process for all mass participation events that confirms the person participating is the one who entered, that they have their event numbers and timing chip for the event and have the latest information of route conditions and regulations.
    It would place an enormous onus on resources to register all competitors on Sunday morning before the start of the event. We believe it is far safer and likely to produce a better event experience for participants if they are staying locally.

Advertisement