Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bypass Road at new shopping centre in Balbriggan

Options
  • 30-06-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know when the new little bypass road will open near the new shopping centre. Its the road which leads directly to Moylaragh and cuts off the big drive around Harry Reynolds Road.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dotts1977

I don't think there's any plans to open that road though I could be mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

It will be built when there are a couple more hundred more housing units built West of Moylaragh, ie. you could be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moylaragh

If it is the road - the one just after St. George's which leads directly onto Moylaragh Gardens - the that road will never be opened.

A decision was taken by Fingal Co Co 3 years ago on that matter after protests from local residents.

Infact Moylaragh Gardens is due to be closed off soon with 2 cul-de-sac's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Moylaragh wrote: »
    If it is the road - the one just after St. George's which leads directly onto Moylaragh Gardens - the that road will never be opened.

A decision was taken by Fingal Co Co 3 years ago on that matter after protests from local residents.

Hi,

Are there any council documents showing where the cul-de-sac's are to be placed?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

No, its at the roundabout on the Naul road as you approach the M1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Moylaragh

Fingleberries,

I dont have the reference number to hand of the documents you are looking for but yes there are council documents regarding the issue.

If you are looking for more on the matter - Mary Leonard from Fingal Co Co is the person dealing with it. Her email is mary.leonard@fingalcoco.ie.

The cul de sac's themselves are to be positioned from what I understand at the midway point on the road. Closing off the road from Moylaragh Crescent.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

clunked wrote: »
    No, its at the roundabout on the Naul road as you approach the M1.

No the road I'm talking about is the road after St Georges School.

Ah well thats a pity it won't be open, I thought it would help ease a lot of congestion once the shopping centre opened. It actually looked like they were resurfacing it up until recently, thats why I asked the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 31Moylaragh

It wouldn't be handy for the residents of Moylaragh Gardens to have it used as a rat run... which is why we fought so hard to keep it closed.
    So sorry in my opinion not a pity....
    The developer has made a submission to the council as far as I am aware now having received a warning letter re closing it off. I am v. interested to find out what this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Fingleberries,

I dont have the reference number to hand of the documents you are looking for but yes there are council documents regarding the issue.

If you are looking for more on the matter - Mary Leonard from Fingal Co Co is the person dealing with it. Her email is mary.leonard@fingalcoco.ie.

The cul de sac's themselves are to be positioned from what I understand at the midway point on the road. Closing off the road from Moylaragh Crescent.

HTH
    Thanks Moylaragh for the info ...

I'm sure this makes sense to reduce the traffic through Moylaragh Gardens. It will improve their standard of living for certain. However, will it also serve to increase the amount of traffic around Moylaragh Cresent and Moylaragh Road from all the residents from the opposite side of the estate trying to go Castle Mill / Dunnes?

They will all be directed to go the long way around, all of the time. Before installing the new cul-de-sac, traffic had the option of going either way from that side of the estate.

I know you can't please all the people all of the time, but thought it worth a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

It wouldn't be handy for the residents of Moylaragh Gardens to have it used as a rat run... which is why we fought so hard to keep it closed.
    So sorry in my opinion not a pity....
    The developer has made a submission to the council as far as I am aware now having received a warning letter re closing it off. I am v. interested to find out what this is.

As an ordinary motorist, I do use Dunnes Stores, but I don't really bother with the one in Castle Hill, Balbriggan due to lack of reasonable access and other traffic issues - I just go to Millfield instead - if I want Dunnes, I'll go to Southgate or Scotch Hall whenever I'm in Drogheda - and there's the one in the Pavillions, Swords. I'm also aware of one or two nice cafe's opposite Dunnes at Castle Hill, but why would I bother with the hassle of getting in, when I can just sail into Millfield. Just the other day when I was in Millfield, there was actually something specific to Dunne's I was looking for, but I just decided to wait till I'm in Drogheda again - again, access is a massive off-put for me to shop in your area. If business starts becoming difficult at Castle Hill, and local jobs are then lost, then you might know one of the reasons for that occurrence!

Regards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

As an ordinary motorist, I do use Dunnes Stores, but I don't really bother with the one in Castle Hill, Balbriggan due to lack of reasonable access and other traffic issues - I just go to Millfield instead - if I want Dunnes, I'll go to Southgate or Scotch Hall whenever I'm in Drogheda - and there's the one in the Pavillions, Swords. I'm also aware of one or two nice cafe's opposite Dunnes at Castle Hill, but why would I bother with the hassle of getting in, when I can just sail into Millfield. Just the other day when I was in Millfield, there was actually something specific to Dunne's I was looking for, but I just decided to wait till I'm in Drogheda again - again, access is a massive off-put for me to shop in your area. If business starts becoming difficult at Castle Hill, and local jobs are then lost, then you might know one of the reasons for that occurrence!

Regards!

Its CastleMills. Bar for an hour at rush hour in the morning and evening getting to Castlemills takes only minutes and always plenty of parking. If your going to Millfield you nearly always go throught the Harry Reynolds junction anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    Its CastleMills. Bar for an hour at rush hour in the morning and evening getting to Castlemills takes only minutes and always plenty of parking. If your going to Millfield you nearly always go throught the Harry Reynolds junction anyway.

Ok, it's Castlemills (presume you're right) - the OS has it as Castle Hill (just re-checked it) which IMO is pretty slack on their part. On the other point, I live West of the M1 and would always reach Millfield via the Naul Road - However, I do agree that junction on the Harry Reynold's Road (presuming it's the junction with the Naul Road) is a disaster - with no right filter lanes, what was the local authority thinking of. I believe that a grant of €800,000 has been made available for the Harry Reynolds Road this year - see here! Maybe something will soon be done about the junction in question - the same would go for the Naul Road between the Millfield Roundabout and the Harry Reynolds Road.

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Dors1976 wrote: »

Great news! It will be nice to have 2 entrances up to the Castlemills area and also good for business up that direction. Plus another good point is that you don't have to pay for parking up there either.

One entrance to a development that size is nonsense. Fingers crossed this road opens soon, Will be handy being able to nip down that way to Dunnes. I'd say the business up that way could do with a boost too. Fingers crossed folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

The date on that article is 22 January 2013 and there has been no movement. Wouldn't expect it to take off anytime soon to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

I think I might contact FCC and see what the update is.

Advertisement