Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing home phone

Options
  • 30-06-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, Really hope I'm posting this in the right place! Apologies if I haven't.
    I have an Eircom home phone 7010. Recently I copped on that it would be cheaper to buy a phone (rather than pay rental on Eircoms) and post Eircoms back to them. I bought a BT phone Studio 4500 in Tesco.
    Is it just a case of unpluging the Eircom phone and sticking in the BT phone? I know this probably seems like a silly question but am afraid of doing something stupid!!
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Net & Comms

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The BT one might have a UK connection instead of a RJ11 that we use in Ireland so you may need a BT to RJ11 adapter to plug it in?

Aside from that you should be good to go.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement