Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

15% off today in Wiggle

• 30-06-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭

For all existing customers till midnight...........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Seems to be 15% off the retail price and not an extra 15% off. Just tried it on something that was in my basket and they only totalled the discount to 15%, a result of an extra 2%!

A discount none the less just not as good as I thought....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sheesh that store is expensive.
    Will stick to crc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

snubbleste wrote: »
    Will stick to crcbike24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Will stick to crc
    +1, looking at wheels, even with 15% off miles more expensive than merlin and crc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

All of the stores are more expensive than the others for something or other so Wiggle is actually cheaper for some things compared to CRC and the like. Sometimes the difference is miniscule, sometimes it is substantial, but it always pays to check a number of sites each time before you buy.

And don't forget some of the more local sources, like Cycle SuperStore, as they can sometimes be quite a bit cheaper than all of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

doozerie wrote: »
    And don't forget some of the more local sources, like Cycle SuperStore, as they can sometimes be quite a bit cheaper than all of the others.
    +1 on shopping around. Bought a new Campag 10 speed cassette from CycleSuperStore this morning. Not only cheaper than my default online store, but no postage and I could collect it straightaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

doozerie wrote: »
    All of the stores are more expensive than the others for something or other so Wiggle is actually cheaper for some things compared to CRC and the like. Sometimes the difference is miniscule, sometimes it is substantial, but it always pays to check a number of sites each time before you buy.

Absolutely, the last few things I've looked at and purchased have been cheaper on Wiggle than CRC, whereas before Christmas most of the stuff I bought was from CRC rather than Wiggle, it all depends on what you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i pretty much search crc,wiggle probikekit, and the german ones the last major thing i bought was an edge 500 which i pricematched handtec to evens to save the shipping cost !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭jefferson73

Any idea why Wiggle will not dispatch
    Continental Ultra Gator Duraskin Road Tyre
    700x23Black to Ireland..at 17.99 they are a good price
    I've purchased these many times before from them.

Wiggle seem to have been selectively removing things from their non-UK "version" of the website for a while now if you list your address as Ireland (and presumably any non-UK address). I only first noticed it a couple of weeks ago.

Two of the things that I noticed are no longer available if buying from Ireland are: Assos ActiveWear cleaner and some of the SKS mudguards - change your location to the UK and these appear in the website, change your location to Ireland and they don't. The Continental tyres do appear in the listing for Ireland but they show none in stock, so I'm not sure that they fall into the same category, but it certainly seems to be the case that Wiggle are reducing the list of things that they'll sell to Irish customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Any idea why Wiggle will not dispatch
    Continental Ultra Gator Duraskin Road Tyre
    700x23Black to Ireland..at 17.99 they are a good price
    I've purchased these many times before from them.

Is it a folding tyre? I think they only ship folding tyres now.

EDIT: With conversion rates they come in at 22 euro, why not just buy them locally for 24 euro each?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Will stick to crc

bought oval brand handlebars from wiggle for 42euro, think they were 60-80euro at CRC, I always check both sites for cheapest before ordering

and alot of the time the cheapest sale items are only available in sizes I dont need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Is it a folding tyre? I think they only ship folding tyres now.

EDIT: With conversion rates they come in at 22 euro, why not just buy them locally for 24 euro each?

Wiggle still ship wire tires as well.

Also the cyclesuperstore only do free postage above 50.00 euro so if buying two tires it would still be much cheaper from Wiggle unless you can call to the Cyclesuperstore or maybe add some tubes to the order....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wiggle still ship wire tires as well.

Also the cyclesuperstore only do free postage above 50.00 euro so if buying two tires it would still be much cheaper from Wiggle unless you can call to the Cyclesuperstore or maybe add some tubes to the order....

Changing from GB to IRL removes all the wire bead tyres as far as I can see. I know wiggle used to ship them but perhaps the cost of transporting a single tyre in a wheel box was too great or maybe they received complaints about damaged beads from folding them for air freight and decided to just stop selling them abroad?

I'm sure he can find something to buy for 2 euro, which is still only 6 euro more than wiggle.

From random internet forum in Oz:
    Reply by Paul on June 16, 2010 at 11:59pm
    I got an official reply from Wiggle Sales on this issue.

Apparently due to increased shipping costs, all non-foldable tyres are now unavailable for shipping to Australia.

▶ Reply to This

Something else to note about CycleSuperstore is that they offer loyalty discounts. From that page:
    * Members will then be able to view "Loyalty Prices" in our web shop exclusive to them.
    * Members receive between 3 and 12% discount off normal in shop prices. Level of discount will depend on brand. Bikes generally receive 10% and most products will receive at least 10%
    *Members will also receive first pick on sale items and special offers.

The Loyalty Prices are visible when you login to their site. In some cases for my recent purchases this discount has made their prices cheaper than Wiggle and CRC, in other cases it brings them down to about the same. I believe you can avail of the loyalty prices in-store too (not entirely sure about that though as in one case I was given the discount in-store but in another case I wasn't) in which case you don't just have to buy online to benefit.

Advertisement