Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I reckon we could take the Greeks :pac:

And the Bulgarians , Estonians , Slovenians , Luxembourg , maybe Finland and Denmark and those Latvians and Lithuanians.

Also Cyrus and Malta better watch their backs.

I'd say apart from UK and France, the likes of Spain , Italy, Germany, Sweden etc would rape us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pretty sure Eastern Europe has many of the best Tekken players.

Ssssssshh

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Honestly man apart from Luxembourg, all the other countries you named could beat us. Ireland is at a very low level at the moment, we need to recognise that and improve, not be happy with our imaginary level.

Well I'm only joking around but do you really know the level of all those countries that well yourself? Like how do you know Luxembourg won't rape the **** out of us :p

:pac:

But I do get you man , and people are trying to improve , as a scene we're getting better but slowly , again we're only as good as our competition.

I'm one of the shite players so I can't really talk. I'm never gonna be a top level guy , but I am trying to get better if just to give the the guys over me a harder time when they beat me. But I'm a very slow learner. I do look forward to my game taking a decent kick up the hole when we get that street fighter gaf going. But thats just ****ty auld me, what can our top level guys do but keep playing.

Move to Japan for a year?

• Advertisement

As Kiki said, Eastern Europe is definitely very strong in Tekken, and I don't doubt they have quality players in other games too. I think you know you're stretching it a bit even naming those countries in the first place. :pac:

All this "I'm never gonna be a top level guy" thinking is a big part of the problem in my opinion, there's absolutely no reason why you, nor anybody else for that matter, couldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I would recommend that we all chip in and buy me an apartment in Tokyo. That way I could learn from the best, then in turn teach you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

YO YO!

Any plans to all get together and watch the stream? And tell ghost stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm up for it.

Get the xgc for the night?

Let's do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Yeah I'd be well up for it.

We can enquire at casuals tomorrow.

Yeah we should really do this, I only found out on IRC today that azza is already over there!

Think Orim had something in mind, there was another thread where we were talking about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

****ing irc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

****ing irc

Sorry what?

EVO is this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm going to be in Wexford babysitting all weekend and there's only a ****ty 1mb connection in the house.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I'm up for an xgc all-nighter! Thing is what day? Will azza be on the stream? Finals would be on a different day though right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

animaX wrote: »
    I'm up for an xgc all-nighter! Thing is what day? Will azza be on the stream? Finals would be on a different day though right?

Its pools on Friday, semis on Saturday and finals on Sunday. I think the stream starts at 5 our time on Friday. We might get to see him since hes got a few big names in his group.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Vegas sucks....it lacks psycho power and there is no lucozade. Why could they not host it Evo in Athlone....bah!

Azza wrote: »
    Why could they not host it Evo in Athlone....bah!

Didn't you hear? They moved it to Malahide :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I suppose that's the most substantial update we're gonna get!

• Advertisement

Hey Azza, if you're reading this thread:

There will be a guy at EVO selling blue-coloured dual modding boards for TE's, called the TEasy Mod. If you see him could you pick one up for me, best buddy team-mate pal?! I'll pay you handsomely for it :D

Guys username is Phreakazoid, and he's in Pool N for the super SF4 tourny.

No worries if you don't see him, and best of luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

There will be a guy at EVO selling blue-coloured dual modding boards for TE's, called the TEasy Mod. If you see him could you pick one up for me, best buddy team-mate pal?! I'll pay you handsomely for it :D

I think thats azzas pool :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

I think its pretty cool there is an Irish player at evo.Good luck dude!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Kick ass Azza!

he's gonna be too salty when Phreakazoid 2-0s him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Does anyone have a link to these pools?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

GorySnake wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to these pools?

http://shoryuken.com/f8/evo-check-up-242861/index10.html#post9160774 is the most upto date.
    Theres 128 people in each pool, anyone who posts what pool they're in is added to that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Placebo wrote: »
    the kind of people that play street fighter :rolleyes:

Only you can play steet fighter and (claim to) be cool at the same time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Streams start tomorrow at 5pm, I think. Wonder if Azza will pop up

Advertisement