Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Boot Sales

Options
  • 30-06-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

I've searched for some threads about car boot sales- they're either quite old or don't cover Dublin.

So I have books etc to sell - clearing my collection as I'm moving abroad. Can anyone recommend a good/busy car boot sale? The one in Harold's Cross is only €15 but I've heard it's not that busy any more. There's a new one in the Spawell but I'm not sure it's very big.

Cheers.

Oh, also... it's a load of random books (mostly recent) and CDs. Would €2 each and 3 for €5 be a suitable price do you think?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

One i frequent is the Toejam Carboot Sale in the Bernard Shaw. Great when its sunny, but may not be what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Both outside Dublin,fairyhouse racecourse on non race Sundays,more a market than a car boot, someone just mentioned to me the other day that there is a genuine car boot sale in Balbriggan every Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

The one in Spawell is quite big imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

There is also one at the Basketball Arena in Tallaght. Every saturday I believe.

I have never used them but this might help.
    http://www.carboot.ie/venues/Listings/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

judas101 wrote: »
    The one in Spawell is quite big imo
    ian_m wrote: »
    There is also one at the Basketball Arena in Tallaght. Every saturday I believe.

I have never used them but this might help.
    http://www.carboot.ie/venues/Listings/

these are the same one as the one in the spawell has closed since the spawell opened back up again. so they moved it to the basketball arena in tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

byrner88 wrote: »
    these are the same one as the one in the spawell has closed since the spawell opened back up again. so they moved it to the basketball arena in tallaght

Wrong the one at the national basketball arena is nothing to do with the spawell.

Spawell is closed and has moved to shamrock rovers stadium every sunday, professionl crowd called irish car boot run it and have a website with all the numbers and you can book a pitch.. About 70-90 car booters and books can be picked up for as little as 10c never seen one for 2euros.

Picked up 6 lonley planet guides for 2.50 with no haggling, genuine bargains to be had, it has a real car boot feel to it.

www.irishcarboot.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

Wrong the one at the national basketball arena is nothing to do with the spawell.

Spawell is closed and has moved to shamrock rovers stadium every sunday, professionl crowd called irish car boot run it and have a website with all the numbers and you can book a pitch.. About 70-90 car booters and books can be picked up for as little as 10c never seen one for 2euros.

Picked up 6 lonley planet guides for 2.50 with no haggling, genuine bargains to be had, it has a real car boot feel to it.

www.irishcarboot.ie

sorry i was told this by a friend and assumed it was right but obviously im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

byrner88 wrote: »

Definately wrong. It's actually run by the same people as Fairyhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ian_m wrote: »
    Not a car boot sale.
    Fail. http://www.pointvillagemarket.ie/contact/yard

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement