Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple accounts?

Options
  • 30-06-2010 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this in the Vodafone Oxegen Tickets comp. Lots and lots of users with a postcount of 1, I wouldn't be surprised if they were making multiple bogus accounts to give them a better chance. Seems unfair, no?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you have any suspicions of this, report the posts and the mods will look into whether or not any accounts are duplicates.

It could just as easily be that word got out about the competition however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Word always gets out about big competitions which leads to floods of people joining up for the express purposes of trying to win.

If you see a load of 1 post accounts in a row then perhaps they could be the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Prizes also tempt out lurkers from the dark rescesses of lurkerdom - which is no bad thing.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

and we cross check them and quietly exclude the culprits. Its not hard to spot.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ok cool, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I'm sure ye have thought about restricting competitions to only active accounts (i.e before the competition date).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I'm sure ye have thought about restricting competitions to only active accounts (i.e before the competition date).

That would excludes lurkers of the site, which are an important part of this sites traffic to and shouldnt be excluded.

Advertisement